Quantcast

2019 World Champs

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
4 hour evac is mental. Poor dude. That sucks.

Given how hard he's crashed in the past and walked away as well. Bloody hell.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
4 hour evac is mental. Poor dude. That sucks.

Given how hard he's crashed in the past and walked away as well. Bloody hell.
Mental? It is fucking criminal. Resorts have a lot of experience hauling people off of mountains, have to assume this is some UCI bullshit.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Mental? It is fucking criminal. Resorts have a lot of experience hauling people off of mountains, have to assume this is some UCI bullshit.
Pinkbike cleared it up that Quebec has some weird arse system where the army comes to get you if you're critical, and a private service does it if you're not. Apparently Brook was stabilised on the hill so was deemed non-critical and the private guys had to get called in. Pilot was on-call, had to drive to work, fly to the hill, couldn't land anywhere nearby and they had to transport to the heli.

Shithouse, but the only UCI blame really lies in not having figured all this shit out prior to it being needed.

Importantly, they at least learnt from it and have put plans in place for the race as well as removed some offending roots which also brained another rider.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Pinkbike cleared it up that Quebec has some weird arse system where the army comes to get you if you're critical, and a private service does it if you're not. Apparently Brook was stabilised on the hill so was deemed non-critical and the private guys had to get called in. Pilot was on-call, had to drive to work, fly to the hill, couldn't land anywhere nearby and they had to transport to the heli.

Shithouse, but the only UCI blame really lies in not having figured all this shit out prior to it being needed.

Importantly, they at least learnt from it and have put plans in place for the race as well as removed some offending roots which also brained another rider.
How does an event like this rely on someone kicking at home on call? Pretty standard for motorsport to have the helicopter on site? What is the fucking point to a helicopter if it takes 4 hours.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I mean hey its mt st anne, this is the first race they've ever hosted, can't expect the moon.

Quebec is the most fucked up third world country I've ever been in.

That is saying something coming from someone from Florida. I won't comment on the number of buses full of Froggy Canadians rolling down to florida every year.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
I honestly have the impression, that this track has now reached the point where it is too fast.
I don't know where the crash happened, but the speed they're going is flat out scary.

Also, how on earth is a first respond protocol not checked and approved, BEFORE the event starts?
And no lift service by the heli team aswell?! I know we're totally spoiled here in the alps but this is unacceptable.

Big fan of Brook. He's a wrecking ball, he got this.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
What time is womens and mens racing today? Someone must know so I don't have to hunt for it.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I am sick about the Brook crash.

In an effort to change the tone, it looks like we are coming up on the race. Anyone in the US have confirmation if the app is going to work? I have the spoof ready to stream if it doesn't.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Crazy run from Pompon, she clearly was nursing her ankle and still hauled ass. Have to think Cabirou has a faster run in her if she can put it all together though. Tracey too, probably.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Im so bored I just watched womens dh :dirol:
I used to be really dismissive of women's DH, because even though I knew most of them would easily kick my ass, it just looked lame. Seeing some snippets this season has brought me around a bit though, Salazar has some actual style to her riding, Cabirou hauls ass and Hoffmann is properly entertaining to watch. I'll definitely catch more women's races next year.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
I used to be really dismissive of women's DH, because even though I knew most of them would easily kick my ass, it just looked lame. Seeing some snippets this season has brought me around a bit though, Salazar has some actual style to her riding, Cabirou hauls ass and Hoffmann is properly entertaining to watch. I'll definitely catch more women's races next year.
I might have come across a bit harsh.
I dont mind seeing them ride and I raced DH in long enough to know a few of them would kick my ass.
Its just that the field is always so unimpressive. Its more about the lack of competition then bagging on the girls actually riding.

Pompom just won after coming back from a long injury, riding with half an ankle and going around a jump.

I wasnt exactly on the edge of my seat but props to all of them.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Geo Proxy from yesterday wouldn't work, some freevpn thing set to Canada is working now for the end of the mens.

Missed the womens, will have to find a replay to watch with wifey.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Glad Dean's okay, that was a scary crash
That was the kind of crash where you would hope some random spectator would pick up his bike and tell him: “Dude, just don’t” as he stumbled about.
Guy just got up and and styled it up.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Goddamn, good for Minnaar. I dunno if that's going to hold up (I know, I was super wrong about the women) but he's on pace

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Great run for Brosnan, Bruni building quite a legacy.

Edit: 4 Americans in the top 15. That's pretty sweet.

Last edited:

chris_f

Monkey
Jun 20, 2007
Bruni just keeps pulling next level riding out of his ass like it's a magician's hat. Hope he gets the World cup season win as well just to push the point home.