Quantcast

2020 Harvest

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ughhh I think the doggo knocked this off.

Oh well there is like 40 peppers right behind it on the 4 plants...

Beans are sprouting...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My garden tanked early on. No peppers. No beans and slim pickings on Tomato's, Squash, and Zuchini... Big old Nothing this year. Be eating a lot of Chard and Spinach this year.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The two jalepeno plants I got from a friend are scrawny as hell, but growing some peppers. I'm guessing they want a bigger planter.

Meanwhile my original jalepeno plant is a super dense bush. After it gave us a bunch of fruits, it dropped all its flowers for whatever reason. Now its exploding with them again...fingers crossed.

The bell pepper plant is growing more fruit, too. Something chewed on it's one pepper almost two months ago and then it just stopped growing. Now it has a bunch of peppers. :)

The four Hungarian wax pepper plants continue to explode. Have already pickled two big jars and used countless others. Lots more to pick. Going to leave a few to turn red and see how hit they get.

Tomato plants are huge. For the record, I have no killed any this year, yet! Taking forever to ripen though.....

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
We have more yellow squash than wife can eat, need to start freezing it. First few cherry tomatoes were eaten yesterday.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My Garden failed miserably this year. However my friends have had much success and I get to benefit from their generosity. I have Zucchini rotting in the Crisper already. I can only eat so much Eggplant and Zucchini.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@eric strt6 what's the plan for those?

We pickled two big jars of hungarian hot wax peppers a few weeks ago. Finally cracked them open - so damn delicious. Tons more of them too....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Tomato plants have powdery mildew on them.

Anyone have a remedy that actually get ride of it? Reading up on it, sounds like I need to find a fungicide and cross my fingers.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Tomato plants have powdery mildew on them.

Anyone have a remedy that actually get ride of it? Reading up on it, sounds like I need to find a fungicide and cross my fingers.
from google
Combine one tablespoon baking soda and one-half teaspoon of liquid, non-detergent soap with one gallon of water, and spray the mixture liberally on the plants. Mouthwash. The mouthwash you may use on a daily basis for killing the germs in your mouth can also be effective at killing powdery mildew spores.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Normally would get a few more weeks of tomatoes on the plants, but it's supposed to be below freezing from Monday night until Wednesday. Time to get picking...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I guess this is what we are getting this year. Got 5-6 cherry tomatoes and one golf ball sized beefsteak tomato. Tons of green ones, some soft ball size or bigger. I'm going to try covering them with a plastic tarp, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be too cold, too long the next couple days. Didn't get squat off my pepper plant this year, for some reason. Lots of flowers, never any fruit.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I guess this is what we are getting this year. Got 5-6 cherry tomatoes and one golf ball sized beefsteak tomato. Tons of green ones, some soft ball size or bigger. I'm going to try covering them with a plastic tarp, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be too cold, too long the next couple days. Didn't get squat off my pepper plant this year, for some reason. Lots of flowers, never any fruit.

beats! You gunna juice them?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'm not doing a god damned thing with those dirt clod tasting mother fuckers. :bad:

My daughter however will definitely eat them sliced after they have boiled for a bit.
Or you could just throw them away now?

Need to go pick our remaining tomatoes, going to see how badly the yellow squash plants like the cold and snow as we've got a freezer full of those things sliced.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Just butchered the garden for what I could get that was even *sorta* ripe. Gonna cover a roma, a couple heirloom, and a yellow pear tomato and hope for the best.

Zukes/ yellow squash are on their own...

Discovered a couple Swiss chard plants amongst the pumpkin vines... WTF?? :confused:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Funnily enough our attempt at Swish Chard was successful this year too, six or seven plants. Normally it's died before there's leaves big enough to eat. Plenty of green cherry tomatoes now sitting on plates in paper bags on the kitchen windowsill. Yellow squash plants were also fully harvested and pulled, wife said she'd got enough for now :D