2020 speculation thread

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
oh man, I can't wait to hear the Bernie Supporter's greatest hits:
"Now I'm voting for trump, just to BERN IT DOWN"
"The DNC robbed a self-proclaimed independent who 'only runs as a d for the larger outreach' of his entitled win"
"It's [MSNBC/Warren/Buttigieg/CNN/voter ID laws/dinosaurs/Boomers/Obama]'s fault for denying bernie a win"

and more!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
"The DNC robbed a self-proclaimed independent who 'only runs as a d for the larger outreach' of his entitled win"
"It's [MSNBC/Warren/Buttigieg/CNN/voter ID laws/dinosaurs/Boomers/Obama]'s fault for denying bernie a win"

and more!
No matter who wins, I'm blaming you.

and more!
Unlikely, quit whining.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Nothing say "commitment to institutional change" like running towards and/or doubling down on feckless centrism.
maybe...uh...maybe there are those of us who don't want institutional change. Maybe there are a lot of us. We'll see today, I suppose. Maybe it ain't "feckless" if the centrist wins? Maybe it's what the people voted for? I suppose that only works if the people vote for bernie though, otherwise it's another stolen election.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Also, make note that I'll hold my nose and vote for whomever is on the "D" card. I think Bernie stinks but I'll gladly vote for 4 fewer years of insanity. I hope you'll do the same.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Also, make note that I'll hold my nose and vote for whomever is on the "D" card. I think Bernie stinks but I'll gladly vote for 4 fewer years of insanity. I hope you'll do the same.
I'd say I'd vote for a flaming bag of dog shit over trump, but I'm pretty sure they are the same person. If you're worried, I'm willing to not only vote for but will canvas and volunteer, for "Literally Satan, 2020!" if I thought he might defeat Trump.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Thankfully, the lessons the DNC seems to have taken from 2016 is that being too inspiring and not bland enough is how you lose elections. Gotta reach the part of middle america that finds Mayo to be too spicy!
I guess it makes more sense to pick a candidate that can win Massachusetts and Vermont than Wisconsin and Florida. It's a bold strategy cotton.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
It was good enough to get the 80000 votes o put Hillary over the top in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania in 2016, so stick with it I guess.
so the trump voters on the fence in those states are going to vote for bernie and the revolution? The same ones that chose far right trump over moderate clinton are going to go from far right trump to far left bernie? What am I missing? Youth turnout vote? https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/02/opinion/bernie-sanders-2020-election.html

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
so the trump voters on the fence in those states are going to vote for bernie and the revolution? The same ones that chose far right trump over moderate clinton are going to go from far right trump to far left bernie? What am I missing? Youth turnout vote? https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/02/opinion/bernie-sanders-2020-election.html
well, my sister's in-laws who are generally centrist voted for the covfefe virus. they currently have a pretty bad case of buyers remorse and have indicated they won't be making that mistake again.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Edit: Both of those articles are years old now. NOTHING has changed and near as I can tell. They have learned nothing and are doubling down on it. The DNC has decided that party>country. "Vote for our candidate and shut up proles! We know better than you!"

Though to be fair, ignoring their own post-election loss summary and doubling down on stupid seemed to work for the GOP after mittens lost in 2012, sooooo.........Who knows?

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So Haley listens to a lot of the same music that Wifey and I do, mostly mine because she spends a lot of time driving with me. That means a lot of punk. Now that she's starting to know a lot of it, she's been asking what the songs mean, so I tell her on some of them. One today was about people being left behind by the rich, so she asked me to explain that. She hears me and MIL discussing/debating Bernie/Warren vs. Biden, so she hears us talking about the super rich and healthcare already. I just gave her the 2nd grade level of the conversation.

I explained how much money a billion dollars is to Haley this morning and how much Bloomberg has spent on the election, compared to how much we have saved up (not giving #'s, duh). She knows that we are pretty well off, both based on where we live (our city), but where in our city we live, the fact that we have 5 cars (2 new), and we can for the most part get whatever we want - a lot of the kids in her school don't, so she realizes that she's on a different level (minus the kid whose mom has a Maserati). I explained how Bloomberg's $500mm spending on ads is the same as if we were to buy a pair of Apple earbuds. And that if you spend $1,000/hr, assuming 2% interest and 50% tax on the gains, you would never be able to spend it all. She, as a 7 y/o just went slack jawed and said that he needs to pay his share because it's not fair people sleep on the street and he has more than he can spend. A 7 y/o can figure this out. What the fuck is wrong with our country when fucking adults can't figure out simple concepts that a fucking 2nd grader can understand?