Quantcast

2020 speculation thread

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
View attachment 135215

I approve of Biden moving downward.
why....because he clumsily said he could work with racist debris that inhabited the democratic party when he started out....

or.....

just too old/white/gaff prone....

or

barry's coat tails don't mean shit cause barry's policies could not even get barry the nomination if he could run again

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
why....because he clumsily said he could work with racist debris that inhabited the democratic party when he started out....

or.....

just too old/white/gaff prone....

or

barry's coat tails don't mean shit cause barry's policies could not even get barry the nomination if he could run again
Waffling on Hyde Amendment.

Not realizing that it's offensive that he was proud that a segregationist only called him, a white man, "son" instead of "boy". That's amazing tone-deafness there.

Generally late to the ball and coasting on Barry's coattails, indeed.

In general he's establishment. Establishment is not what we need to take down Trump, who for all his policies at least portrays himself as anti-establishment.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Waffling on Hyde Amendment.

Not realizing that it's offensive that he was proud that a segregationist only called him, a white man, "son" instead of "boy". That's amazing tone-deafness there.

Generally late to the ball and coasting on Barry's coattails, indeed.

In general he's establishment. Establishment is not what we need to take down Trump, who for all his policies at least portrays himself as anti-establishment.
perhaps I am off base here, but it seems like the only people that are really offended by the "son" comment are white people and talking heads. Black people still seem to prefer Biden over the rest. I think it'll take more than a gaff from uncle joe to turn off the droves of older black people that are interested in voting for him.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-will-bidens-latest-comments-affect-his-standing-in-the-democratic-primary/

I guess we'll see as time goes on. I'm getting fatigued on the plethora of "free shit for everybody and I'm different than the white guy" candidates. Every time i hear a candidate mention "reparations" I can't believe they are serious. I get that people like bernie because pot and free college, but those aren't policies based in reality.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
My perception of the early black support of Biden as a clearly non-black person is:

1) Name recognition
2) Pragmatism/hoping that he'd be the most likely to knock off Trump (which is a weak self-fulfilling prophecy that may well fold in on itself soon)

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Trump took down elizabeth warren with a shitty nickname, and she fell for it. He'll mop the floor with her. I don't hate her policies, but trump is a non-traditional debater and politician. He has no decency and that's what hillary expected. She needed to call him names and say "FAKE NEWS" every thirty seconds, but she couldn't because if she did, she'd be "that bitchy woman". Trump needs a borderline retarded turd to take him on, and Joe Biden might just be that borderline retarded turd.

I don't see anybody else standing up to him besides maybe corey booker or even buttigieg, but booker doesn't have name appeal and buttigieg is a non-starter for 50% of the country. Maybe harris, but she's competing with such a deep field of no-names that it's going to take a lot of attrition for her to get attention.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Trump took down elizabeth warren with a shitty nickname, and she fell for it. He'll mop the floor with her. I don't hate her policies, but trump is a non-traditional debater and politician. He has no decency and that's what hillary expected. She needed to call him names and say "FAKE NEWS" every thirty seconds, but she couldn't because if she did, she'd be "that bitchy woman". Trump needs a borderline retarded turd to take him on, and Joe Biden might just be that borderline retarded turd.

I don't see anybody else standing up to him besides maybe corey booker or even buttigieg, but booker doesn't have name appeal and buttigieg is a non-starter for 50% of the country. Maybe harris, but she's competing with such a deep field of no-names that it's going to take a lot of attrition for her to get attention.
waiting for someone to forgive credit card debt and car payments....

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

Old people don't fucking get it.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i know bernie wants to fire people up, but at this point he just sounds like:
upload_2019-6-27_23-34-54.jpeg

other than a few moments where she talked too long, harris won that, followed closely by buttigieg. and where did drunken valley girl williamson come from?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
putin....watching.....thinking.....looks like i'm not getting a new bitch....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
20 people assembled seem to have forgotten that it was hillary who won popular vote by 2+ million....not bernie.....betting the farm on free shit for everyone won't win...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Got a legit source for that claim?
it's the internet.....legit.....HA!

well anyway

looked earlier....found nothing....then

reddit thread said it was 1750 for one night....but no linkable proof in thread that i saw....

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
She's not wrong. Of course, pointing out the historical disadvantage people of color might have, almost as if it were the result of hundreds of years of purposful design, would put her at odds with white voters. Not about race though!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Not to be outdone, Warren offers more free shit

Gotta really get out the vote in places like Boston, NYC, and Coastal California. That's what wins elections. You're not going to do it by winning blue collar folks from Florida or Michigan! I know the left gobbles it up, but this scrabbling for "who can be most radical left" is going to put all of the candidates in a horrible position come the general election.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Equal pay for equal work /= "giving away free shit".

Suggest to your wife that her being paid equally equates to "radical left-ism". Get back to us with what she says. Do you have a daughter?

Edit: The more I think about this, the more it bothers me. Exactly when did suggesting people be paid equally become an issue of the "Radical left"? I mean, seriously. This is possibly a perfect example of the shifting Overton Window I've been talking about. How in the all unholy fuck is suggesting that women be paid the same as men controversial?

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
by the way- I pretty clearly should have said "obvious pandering is obvious" but I was initially confused about how she was pandering this time. Fallacies about how I don't believe in equal pay because I believe this is garbage politics in this case is just that- garbage.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Find me a single candidate on either side running on a pro-pay inequality platform. You really think that's a winning, change-you-can-believe-in, message in the fly over states? Or is that pandering?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I believe that promising a marginalized population something a week after another candidate promises the same population something pandering, yes.

Warren has good ideas, and doing something about it is better than not doing something about it, but the timing is cute.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
It's almost as if people like good ideas. Who was being pandered to three years ago? Or 5 years ago? The only reason this is even "news" is because her campaign published a document outlining its plan, as candidates do. Bad timing, I guess. When the narrative switches to, I dunno, foreign policy, is the second or third candidate out of the gate with a policy document regarding Syria going to be a pandering, leftist, extremist too?

This isn't Biden flipping a 180 on the Hyde amendment after years of public statements in support. That is pandering.

Last edited:

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
long time listener, first time caller

what displeases me the most is that the DNC had 3+ years to prepare a competent candidate for president

and here we are in debate time, with a circus going on >:(