Quantcast

2020 speculation thread

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I've got a MIL that will rail against single mothers with several kids getting government assistance, but when it is pointed out that her father received ag subsidies as a farmer in Iowa (sometimes getting paid to *NOT* plant anything), she somehow is able to say, "Yeah, well he wouldn't take welfare like these women" with a straight face.

I suspect that you can probably figure out what the primary difference is between her and these welfare mooches?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
/two button meme/
anti abortion // anti welfare
/two button meme

tariffman single-handedly killed our soybean industry, but that's ok because moscow mitch gave them governement handouts so they stay "in business". #MAGA

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
It's all true.

Well, the part where @Nick says he's WAY older than me... that part is mostest true.

Also - the money-vacuuming of the children. That is 2nd mostest true. :(

On a bright note, Montana State is a bit perplexed as to why we haven't gotten a bill for anything yet, so I told them I'd just wait patiently for one. :popcorn:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
It's all true.

Well, the part where @Nick says he's WAY older than me... that part is mostest true.

Also - the money-vacuuming of the children. That is 2nd mostest true. :(

On a bright note, Montana State is a bit perplexed as to why we haven't gotten a bill for anything yet, so I told them I'd just wait patiently for one. :popcorn:
Maybe Brian is paying for your kids tuition? I had no idea you weren't in this country legally. Or that you were Mexican.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

Shit's getting real. Warren in a statistical dead heat with Biden in this one sample.

Time for everyone polling at 2% or lower to find something else to do, IMO.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'm starting to think it's going to be warren. Once bernie drops out, I'd wager that 50% of his voters will go for warren 25% to biden, and 25% to go smoke weed in an underground bunker "Just for lulz". That will push her into the lead and crush the remainder. I don't think bernie really wants to run again- I think he just wants to get his message across. Otherwise he'd be attacking warren in the debates. He sees her as a comrade, and therefore would duck out to push her across the finish line.

Or maybe not.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
What are the odds that the chinese decide that as your government was fine with Putins meddling, they can have a play as well?
While certainly that is a possibility, it would seem unlikely as it isn't really necessary. China holds a lot of our debt and we import a ridiculous amount products from them. Fairly easy to fuck with us, despite Herr Twitler's tariffs.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Not popular enough by about 80k votes in 3 states, IIRC. Because electoral college is dumb.
I don’t think simply being a woman is a barrier. However I suspect society’s criteria for an ‘electable’ woman are significantly narrower than for men.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I don’t think simply being a woman is a barrier. However I suspect society’s criteria for an ‘electable’ woman are significantly narrower than for men.
Until we elect a woman who is an even more horrible person than DJT this will be true by definition. Ghislaine Maxwell, perhaps?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Until we elect a woman who is an even more horrible person than DJT this will be true by definition. Ghislaine Maxwell, perhaps?
Maxwell certainly has proven herself an effective communicator with the political elite.

A cursory review of women leaders around the globe illustrates what people expect from a female leader. Patriarchy isn’t unique here.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm starting to think it's going to be warren. Once bernie drops out, I'd wager that 50% of his voters will go for warren 25% to biden, and 25% to go smoke weed in an underground bunker "Just for lulz". That will push her into the lead and crush the remainder. I don't think bernie really wants to run again- I think he just wants to get his message across. Otherwise he'd be attacking warren in the debates. He sees her as a comrade, and therefore would duck out to push her across the finish line.

Or maybe not.
biden is his own worst enemy IMO. barring some major turn of events, my best guesstimate would be a warren / sanders ticket.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I think you are right re Biden...shame there are no other viable moderate candidates.

I'm hoping Warren can reign in the crazy for long enough to appeal to the midwesterners