Quantcast

2021 DHX2 - Changing Stroke

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
I recently learned that you can change stroke on the revised DHX2 by swapping out a spacer at the end of the shock body. It looks like you'd need to remove the eyelet assembly and hopefully just the HSR dial to change them, but it's hard to tell and Fox doesn't seem to have a published service guide that covers it yet. Anyone gone through the procedure?

tacubaya

Monkey
Dec 19, 2009
Mexico City
No, just remove those two screws and it will separate that cover with the QR, underneath lie layers of two travel spacers (two halves) which get sandwiched between the cover and the sealhead.

The travel spacers are sold in halves (yes I know, dumb), so for each 2.5mm of travel you want to reduce you gotta buy two of these:

233-00-461 Spacer: (T) 2021 DHX2, Travel, Ø.375 Shaft, 2,5mm

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Aside from the dumbness of having to buy halves, that's actually a pretty slick setup.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
No, just remove those two screws and it will separate that cover with the QR, underneath lie layers of two travel spacers (two halves) which get sandwiched between the cover and the sealhead.

The travel spacers are sold in halves (yes I know, dumb), so for each 2.5mm of travel you want to reduce you gotta buy two of these:

233-00-461 Spacer: (T) 2021 DHX2, Travel, Ø.375 Shaft, 2,5mm
So you don't need to pull the main piston?

That's pretty sweet actually