Quantcast

2021 Fishing Lic

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Still not too bad for a years worth of recreation. Are the places you fish stocked by fish and game?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Still not too bad for a years worth of recreation. Are the places you fish stocked by fish and game?
Some are, many lakes are stocked by the local parks agencies and they charge $5/day. The delta is wild stocks for black bass and Stripers. A lot of the lic fees goes to running the hatcheries and habitat restoral. I amd a member of Trout unlimited, Cal Trout, and Tri Valley Fly Fishermen all of which have habitat restoral programs working with CF&G and USF&W. Biggest problem are the Asian Poachers taking overlimits and out of season to sell black market to restaurants

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I've got stripers in the delta before, along with other species. Here in AK the resident annual license is pretty reasonable, something like 25 and I think another $10 for king salmon, but they absolutely "gut" you if you are a non-resident. Those fees are insane.

A 7 day non-resident is $45, 14 day is $75.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
That seems pretty reasonable to me... :think:
Yeah, but they add on special fish taxes, etc., out of state hunting license gets pretty crazy too. You add it to everything else and if you "vacation" in AK you are generally spending a crap load of money, for everything from car rental to fly-out-lodge, guides, etc.