Quantcast

2021 racing rumors

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
rumor-wise however, in reading the PB comments, it sounds like he wasn't getting the support he needed. he was allegedly having to drive himself to races in his own vehicle.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
rumor-wise however, in reading the PB comments, it sounds like he wasn't getting the support he needed. he was allegedly having to drive himself to races in his own vehicle.
Amazing. Always thought that was a bit of a step down from his previous employer. Next!

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
there are some other comments over on PB that make me wonder if that was more his decision than just lack of support.
Saw some comments that would suggest that too. Saltiness only that press release though. Ha!

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
That's Will Longden... with the open body language. He used to be a pretty sick rider.
I bet Gary knows him.
Chainspotting

I think he was in the Sprung movies too

Last edited:

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Perhaps my memory is slipping, but I seem to recall that Sam Dale in a downtime podcast last year (I'm paraphrasing) said something to the effect that the culture at Madison Saracen is kind of what made him start to question if racing was for him.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Perhaps my memory is slipping, but I seem to recall that Sam Dale in a downtime podcast last year (I'm paraphrasing) said something to the effect that the culture at Madison Saracen is kind of what made him start to question if racing was for him.
That team sounds like a blast.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Manon also stopped her career while riding for them. Mmmhh....

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Manon also stopped her career while riding for them. Mmmhh....
I have to correct myself here (damn, memory when getting old sucks): She stopped while being on Radon. So not necessarily the team but the issue of injuries and not feeling it anymore.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
I have to correct myself here (damn, memory when getting old sucks): She stopped while being on Radon. So not necessarily the team but the issue of injuries and not feeling it anymore.
Manon stopped her WC career, she’s still riding and doing videos for Radon.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
I didn’t catch it during the race, but apparently Warner made mention of him going to a “square” brand. Makes sense. Also, he mentioned Vergier off Syndicate and going to Trek with Wilson possibly on the move from Trek? Anyone else catch this?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Will Longden... with the open body language. He used to be a pretty sick rider.
I bet Gary knows him.
Didn't really know Will other than to nod at trackside. He was an amazing rider. Not just DH. Next biggest name UK full time pro rider to Peaty and Warner.
Did share a Welsh B&B with him and his manager in the early 00s. But Will was off to bed before we even started drinking

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hart to a new Polygon team? their bike is the Xquareone (square one - warner made a square comment during commentating). with tracey no longer racing WC's Polygon may want a WC racer. unsure about Mick, but he's been racing a long time too. sounds like she's staying with UR racing, who has had multiple frame sponsors over the years, but no confirmation if they will continue with Polygon.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hart to a new Polygon team? their bike is the Xquareone (square one - warner made a square comment during commentating). with tracey no longer racing WC's Polygon may want a WC racer. unsure about Mick, but he's been racing a long time too. sounds like she's staying with UR racing, who has had multiple frame sponsors over the years, but no confirmation if they will continue with Polygon.
Speaking of which, I saw one of those bikes in Quebec.

As ugly in person, as it is in pictures.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
i figured Cube