Quantcast

2021 racing rumors

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
am i the only one that wants to see a Hardline series? like, 3-4 races at different venues?
Would be great to have a more diverse Worldcup series with more stops and also urban races, Kamikaze high speeeeeeeeed races, Hardline-style races etc.

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
Just watched the top 3 runs, damn those boys are gnarly, they make it look so easy.
These hardline guys would place even higher if the WC tracks were more technically difficult/ higher consequence, but built safe with go arounds for the people that don't want to risk it.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
MVDP shoulda watched hardline for huck lessons before rolling out on the XC track this morning

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
These hardline guys would place even higher if the WC tracks were more technically difficult/ higher consequence, but built safe with go arounds for the people that don't want to risk it.
I actually think the opposite.
A good WC track in my eyes has always had options INTO, and DURING the gnarliest parts of the track. Next level as it is Hardline is more like a lot of big stunts you need to line up for all linked together with almost one line singletrack.

Kurt_80

Monkey
Jan 25, 2016
Perth, WA.
am i the only one that wants to see a Hardline series? like, 3-4 races at different venues?
Are any of those crazy bastards likely to survive 3-4 races?!?

Related: did you see the video where Lewis Buchanan was taken out by a rider behind him on one of the last jumps?

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
Thank goodness Tom Pidcock isn't a real mountain biker or he would have known that his winning olympic xco gold would have been impossible on a suntour axon fork that's even cheaper than my suntour auron fork.

Edit: his fork has carbon uppers so probably more expensive than mine but still equally unrideable according to the internet.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Thank goodness Tom Pidcock isn't a real mountain biker or he would have known that his winning olympic xco gold would have been impossible on a suntour axon fork that's even cheaper than my suntour auron fork.
There was a good photo on one of the news pieces of his ride which shows everything, suspension and tyres fully squashed going off that rock drop. I'd meant to check which version of Suntour fork he had on the bike.

Domination by the Swiss in the ladies XCO this morning.

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
There was a good photo on one of the news pieces of his ride which shows everything, suspension and tyres fully squashed going off that rock drop. I'd meant to check which version of Suntour fork he had on the bike.

Domination by the Swiss in the ladies XCO this morning.
It’s an axon with carbon uppers so probably a bit more expensive than the regular hollow crown uppers.

Here you go, his Ineos offroad testing video:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Oof, didn't see that when watching the race. But she was boss to not crash, instagram video in this article:

I'm watching the race now. Saw that case. tough as nails. Wonder if she stayed in N. Carolina for heat and technical training...? I absolutely love that her lead opened up as a result of skill and being able to read the terrain.

the race is actually quite exciting, I'm into the third lap now. Still don't know how it finished, but I think I have an idea...

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
I actually think the opposite.
A good WC track in my eyes has always had options INTO, and DURING the gnarliest parts of the track. Next level as it is Hardline is more like a lot of big stunts you need to line up for all linked together with almost one line singletrack.
I agree, more line options/ natural, steep, less bike park, I guess I meant guys like Greenland, Hart, Brook, Thirion would have even greater chances of a podium or a win if the courses were steeper rougher and more technical with high risk high reward line choices, instead of the super pedally motorway style one line courses.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Yes changing a sport to suit some rider's strengths does tend to benefit those riders.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
Cyclingweekly and cyclingtips are both the same tabloid roadie shit sites immo.

Problem is, there are no good ones besides inrng and he is a one man show/blog.

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
How fast are old Canadian downhillers? Guy I know who immigrated to Maple Syrup land just took second in the 35+ category at the Canadian DH Championships at some place called Kicking Horse. More than 10 seconds off the pace though. He isn't in great shape but his competitors probably aren't as well.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Seems to be a whole new bunch of trails at Creek for the USDH.

I hardly recognize any of the lines after the new right hander out of the rocks 1 minute in.