Quantcast

2021 racing rumors

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
Somebody knowledgeable leaked out on a french forum that both Vergier and Hart would go to 4 letters teams. Then Warner told that a big french name was going to Trek, like @sethimus wrote.

I was secretly hoping for a return of the big Sunn team with Bos suspension, Nico V at the head, etc...:close::cray:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
if vergier is leaving syndicate, i also take that to mean minnaar plans on staying around a couple more seasons. for as good as vergier is doing, it makes sense he'd want to be a primary team rider

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
if vergier is leaving syndicate, i also take that to mean minnaar plans on staying around a couple more seasons. for as good as vergier is doing, it makes sense he'd want to be a primary team rider
It seems kind of silly to leave a team like the Syndicate. Look how long that team has been around and the longevity of the members like Minnaar and Peaty. I'd rather have that security and good vibes than being number 1 on some other team.

And lets be honest, how many more years will Minnaar race? Not enough to put a dent in Vergier's future.

But of course I have zero knowledge of what happens in the background, so who knows. :D

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
It seems kind of silly to leave a team like the Syndicate. Look how long that team has been around and the longevity of the members like Minnaar and Peaty. I'd rather have that security and good vibes than being number 1 on some other team.

And lets be honest, how many more years will Minnaar race? Not enough to put a dent in Vergier's future.

But of course I have zero knowledge of what happens in the background, so who knows. :D
Having met all the syndicate dudes and done beers at the last WC they all seemed fantastic. Hard to imagine a better crew to hang out with or a better supported team. I mean to be a young up and comer and have BOTH Peaty and Minnaar as mentors has to be priceless.

That said, Vergie has all the talent and probably the drive to succeed on his own and perhaps Trek showed him a number that the Syndicate cannot or would not match. No blame to anyone and certainly these guys need to get what they can get when and while they can. I hope he continues his trajectory going forward.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop

Plus, the Syndicate is known for taking care of their riders even in retirement. And by all accounts it is a well ran "family like" successful team. It seems the only logical reason to leave is a boatload of now money.

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
Apparently leaving the syndicate for Vergier is not about the money.
it makes sense he'd want to be a primary team rider
Isn't the syndicate about having only podium contenders in the team?
That's what I remember from an interview a while ago...

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Having met all the syndicate dudes and done beers at the last WC they all seemed fantastic. Hard to imagine a better crew to hang out with or a better supported team. I mean to be a young up and comer and have BOTH Peaty and Minnaar as mentors has to be priceless.
Not to mention that the Syndicate doesn't appear to even have team orders. Lots of teams have their #1 who gets all the attention and love, and then some other guys. Syndicate had Peaty, Minnaar and Bryceland all at the same time, all getting the love a #1 rider gets.

If it's not money, and I doubt it's support, then I'd assume it's liver cirrhosis.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
When a really good long career might get you to 40, you have to make all the dough you can.
and i think people (like peaty & minnarr) hanging at the pointy end into their late 30's will be more & more an anomaly as the pace the youngsters are pushing will effectively narrow the window of opportunity to grab podiums / generate any meaningful $$.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
warner said in the last race that one big frenchy is joining them.
yeah, but there's quite a few "big frenchies". Vergier, Bruni, Pierron, Daprela. It might even make sense if it was Daprela, caus' Commençal has a pretty big and successful roster that must be expensive to maintain, and with his results this year, I have to imagine he's going to be a bit more expensive...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i'm most interested to see where dak norton ends up, because after his interview with wyn it's clear he ain't gonna be on devinci. also, he said he's moving closer to where he trains (windrock) so maybe intense w/gwin and neko? maybe sc if loris goes?

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
i'm most interested to see where dak norton ends up, because after his interview with wyn it's clear he ain't gonna be on devinci. also, he said he's moving closer to where he trains (windrock) so maybe intense w/gwin and neko? maybe sc if loris goes?
Neko breaking my heart a little bit talking about this on the new Downtime podcast. Sounds like Dak Norton might get left out in the cold. What a shame

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
Neko breaking my heart a little bit talking about this on the new Downtime podcast. Sounds like Dak Norton might get left out in the cold. What a shame
Neko got me there too, such a bummer hearing that Dak might be left hanging. I'd imagine that his performance in Lousa makes a strong case for another company to pick him up, hoping that some may have some extra budget. Keep in mind that Jack Moir was theoretically going to get left out last season, but managed to pull this deal with Canyon and is now killing it, so let's just all hope for Dak.

shelteringsky

Monkey
May 21, 2010
Neko got me there too, such a bummer hearing that Dak might be left hanging. I'd imagine that his performance in Lousa makes a strong case for another company to pick him up, hoping that some may have some extra budget. Keep in mind that Jack Moir was theoretically going to get left out last season, but managed to pull this deal with Canyon and is now killing it, so let's just all hope for Dak.
Moir last minute move to Canyon meant he had to basically switch to Enderpo though :(. Hopefully he'll be back at the DH world cup next year - certainly proved he's on pace.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
I'm surprised Jack hasn't gotten a bit more hype. If I recall correctly he had a top 10 (7 I think) at a WC and got top 3 at all? the enduros he did. All that on a new team in a fucked up race year? Only Eddie and Maes are in the top 10 in both disciplines in same year club (I think). Not bad company. Also, dude puts out a ton of savage little riding edits that I've enjoyed. I hope he gets his for 2021.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
I'm surprised Jack hasn't gotten a bit more hype. If I recall correctly he had a top 10 (7 I think) at a WC and got top 3 at all? the enduros he did. All that on a new team in a fucked up race year? Only Eddie and Maes are in the top 10 in both disciplines in same year club (I think). Not bad company. Also, dude puts out a ton of savage little riding edits that I've enjoyed. I hope he gets his for 2021.
Totally. Fabien Barel must be very pleased with their last minute shopping. Social media appearance is on point, and his results speak for themselves. It also seems that the new Sender works better for him then Troy. Brosnan might be back on the Mullet after this season I reckon.

Phil Atwil is also searching a new ride for next year, according to wyntv. Would be a shame seeing him left without a sponsor. That guy is a pure pleasure to watch.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Pinkbike should put together a team. They must have the cash? Or at least enough power to get a bunch of sponsors inboard for it, itd be great advertising with all the coverage they'd get.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Pinkbike should put together a team. They must have the cash? Or at least enough power to get a bunch of sponsors inboard for it, itd be great advertising with all the coverage they'd get.
They do have that sweet 2002 Brodie 8-Ball used for their hot laps...

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
They're too busy with their eye and ear gouge inducing reality bullshit.