Quantcast

2021 racing rumors

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
This being the racing rumors thread aside,
a new Remy Mettalier video is about the only new media that I'll "stop everything" for and watch. He is just off the charts this past year.
I like his compilation videos best, where he cuts out the talking parts.

I'd like to see more content from pros not in the PNW where you can actually see some sustained speed.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This being the racing rumors thread aside,
a new Remy Mettalier video is about the only new media that I'll "stop everything" for and watch. He is just off the charts this past year.

I jokingly asked a friend of mine in Squamish if he had been riding with Remi, he went off on an angry rant about what an asshole Remi was. I unknowingly hit a sore spot, not sure what the hell happened.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I jokingly asked a friend of mine in Squamish if he had been riding with Remi, he went off on an angry rant about what an asshole Remi was. I unknowingly hit a sore spot, not sure what the hell happened.
if I had to guess it's because he blows up all these 'secret locals' rides for the world to see.

Remi Ruins Everything! ®

(that, or just because he's French?)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
if I had to guess it's because he blows up all these 'secret locals' rides for the world to see.

Remi Ruins Everything! ®

(that, or just because he's French?)
I don't know I didn't dig into it. Friend in question can be extremely judgemental and likely dislikes Remi for what could be something rather inconsequential. I just found his reaction to be funny. I wouldn't be surprised if a lady was involved.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
I don't know I didn't dig into it. Friend in question can be extremely judgemental and likely dislikes Remi for what could be something rather inconsequential. I just found his reaction to be funny. I wouldn't be surprised if a lady was involved.
I bet it’s trail building related and the fact that he’s making money off of others’ trail work. They build, he shoots, gets millions, doesn’t share the millions with the builders. That seems to be a standard problem in Squamish.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
I bet it’s trail building related and the fact that he’s making money off of others’ trail work....
This would not surprise me. I think many/most non-paid/pro trail builders have some degree of grumpiness when others film and/or exploit their stuff. (Hell I think trail builders are grumpy folks that want to be alone in the woods in general) I know I'm irritated whenever our trails end up on youtube or facebook, esp when there is commentary on how things could be different or better. Any way you cut it, you're out there working your ass off, in addition to your real job, wife, kids, life stuff and honestly I could care if anyone but a very small crew rides our stash. I build stuff cause if we didn't do it, there would be nothing like it within 200 miles of where I live. Maybe my heart is blacker and more hateful than most (probably) but I feel this vibe from the few passionate builders I talk to.

With that said, Remi Metallica is a phenomenal rider and I like seeing the trails he rides and how he approaches them. But I really like Barelli cause he's just a wild man and cause he actually does a fair pile of trail work and clean up.

Last edited:

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
I bet it’s trail building related and the fact that he’s making money off of others’ trail work. They build, he shoots, gets millions, doesn’t share the millions with the builders. That seems to be a standard problem in Squamish.
Lately, he's been handing out Jenson USA gift cards, which you can you use to pay rent I hear.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
millions of what? internet points?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Lately, he's been handing out Jenson USA gift cards, which you can you use to pay rent I hear.
That was pretty cringey in the one video I saw of his lately – thanks for showing me this trail – here is a $50 jenson usa gift card.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
That was pretty cringey in the one video I saw of his lately – thanks for showing me this trail – here is a $50 jenson usa gift card.
Same! I also cringed when he handed out a 50$ gift card to the builder. I guess it's better than nothing, but that's clearly a missed opportunity to demonstrate true appreciation of the builder's work.

That being said, I am a big fan of RM and I watch all his videos. He is a very skilled rider and provide great insight on how to approach gnarly sections. Regarding grumpy builders, I don't recall him giving indications regarding where precisely a particular trail can be found. The builder of the sections are also often with him in the videos.

Last edited:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
The Zink news is interesting, he seems to have a lot going on lately. He was so baked into that company it's pretty surprising to see him go. Zink to ride for the radivist in sandals this year?

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
The capitalised Good Times in the YT releases suggests Vali to GT? GT Downhill team is Wyn and occasionally Maes, so could do with a female rider.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
It didn't specifically say if he was staying with either; there were rumors he was looking for a new program entirely.

Comments speculation is that devinci is bringing back their factory team and picking up Loris.

Norton has been on a tear the past two seasons,
Number 1 ranked American this season and number 2 in 2019
Looking for a ride? Teams should be fighting over the guy.
This should be in the what's wrong with the industry thread.