Quantcast

2021 racing rumors

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
I always found it funny that the track was open like on Wednesdays or Thursdays here in the US under NORBA meanwhile all the Pro and Expert riders that had to work would literally get 1-2 fewer days of Practice on the tracks. Wonder at top levels how much that plays into final results? Does UCI do same or is it fewer days to ride track before a race?

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
I kinda think Whistler EWS needed a good break anyway, was getting a bit long in the teeth and not tons of support from the broader community....tbh, not sure it's been terrible for Whistler to have a break from Crankworx either. After Vail sold it off I almost expected it to just move on elsewhere.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I kinda think Whistler EWS needed a good break anyway, was getting a bit long in the teeth and not tons of support from the broader community....tbh, not sure it's been terrible for Whistler to have a break from Crankworx either. After Vail sold it off I almost expected it to just move on elsewhere.
The Whistler EWS at least changes the trails they use at least every couple years which keeps it fresh for the regulars and provides some variety. A lot of the other regular venues run pretty much the same stages every time.

Even if they don't run Whistler, it would be good to have an EWS stop somewhere in BC for accessibility. The series is very Euro-centric as it stands now.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The Whistler EWS at least changes the trails they use at least every couple years which keeps it fresh for the regulars and provides some variety. A lot of the other regular venues run pretty much the same stages every time.

Even if they don't run Whistler, it would be good to have an EWS stop somewhere in BC for accessibility. The series is very Euro-centric as it stands now.
The whole euro centric aspect isn't limited to just enduro, look at dh, xco, hell even road racing.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
The whole euro centric aspect isn't limited to just enduro, look at dh, xco, hell even road racing.
Oh yeah totally - its just that EWS was the one sport that seemed to make a concerted effort to hold a *World* series. Normally they have a few southern hemisphere races every year, so its a shame COVID wrecked that.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Nah. STS was 96
Late 94 for the LTS, I got my LTS Team in March 95 just in time for my 1st trip to Ladakh.
There was an overlap of the STS and LTS for about 1-2 years with both in production... Think the STS was killed off about the time that the LTS moved from the cast titanium linkage to the CNC AL one.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
STS wasn't killed off until the Lobo was as they were also available in either Alu or STS versions.

vivisectxi

Monkey
Jan 14, 2021
yeast van
rad! fully expecting there'll be a covid baby boom, everyone stuck inside together for so long (probably a corresponding spike in divorces as well).

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
That's awesome new about a nano-Atherton en route! But dang, with Tracey hanging up the fullface, there's not much left of the old guard other than Nicole (who admittedly is still a threat to win). Still, with Marine, Seagraves, PomPom, Holl and Hoffman, it should be a fun battle for the top step.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I wouldn't worry about that.
Rach gets enough income from endorsing parts she doesn't even use to keep the kid in nappies and formula until it's retired

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Luca went down hard at Windrock today. Hopefully he’s ok. I don’t know hot to upload the video, but it’s on Vitals Instagram.
Can't embed the video but heres the link

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
from the pb recap:

"...Luca Shaw had a massive crash when a broken chain locked up his rear wheel over the triple jump just within view of the finish line. Aaron Gwin also appears to have had some issues as he posted on Instagram where he said: "Unfortunately nailed a tree at the top of my race run and got stuck tryin to get around the next one. Bummed and sore but overall great weekend good to be on the podium still."