Round 5: 04-05 September - Lenzerheide, Switzerland
Round 6: 18-19 September - Snowshoe, USA

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I wonder what happened with MSA?

Covid?
Related to the gondola incident earlier this year, which still isn't resolved? https://snowbrains.com/20-injured-canada-gondola/
Related to the Brooke incident delay last year?
i was wondering about that as well. It may be multiple factors at play. I'm sure we'll get more info at some point. I'm also a bit surprised because last year it seemed to work well to have snowshoe immediately following MSA, so the teams were already in north america.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
i was wondering about that as well. It may be multiple factors at play. I'm sure we'll get more info at some point. I'm also a bit surprised because last year it seemed to work well to have snowshoe immediately following MSA, so the teams were already in north america.
Need to get Bromont back on board for those back to back weekends of MSA, Bromont and then the USA.

How cool would MSA, Bromont, Snowshoe, Western US and then Whistler be....

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
One of my favorite non riding memories of Snowshoe is talking a walk around the village at night and the number of deer just hanging around. There was some local feeding them by hand. So I just stood quietly about 10 feet away and they were just coming up to this guy like a serving line...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
One of my favorite non riding memories of Snowshoe is talking a walk around the village at night and the number of deer just hanging around. There was some local feeding them by hand. So I just stood quietly about 10 feet away and they were just coming up to this guy like a serving line...
I used to live next to Shenandoah National park, there was no hunting there and the deer and bear acted they lived in a petting zoo.

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
How many years has MSA been either a stop on the World Cup or the World Champs venue, stretches back at least to 1997 but it gets hard to find information beyond then. That's a link to the past disappearing, Fort William will be the only other long-standing venue.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Pretty sure MSA had been a UCI WC venue every year since 1990 - this year would have been it's 30th aniversary

Ft W has only been a WC venue since 2002 (but also every year since)

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Pretty sure MSA had been a UCI WC venue every year since 1990 - this year would have been it's 30th aniversary

Ft W has only been a WC venue since 2002 (but also every year since)
Yea thirty years sounds right. Something must be afoot at the circle k if msa doesn't have a world cup.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Hurr durr, there is a Snowshoe social distancing joke just waiting to happen, do I have to spell this stuff out for you?

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
We've got our spot locked in. Showing up Friday and leaving Monday assuming we survive. The hope that this will live up to the last time may just keep me going for the next 11 months...