Quantcast

2022-05-16 Monday 61-50-2202

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here.

Haley's sponsorship offer is looking less good as I dig deeper into it and talk with more people in kart world about it. The biggest being the type of motor and lack of established class. The money saved will not be work the value of missed time in a larger competitive field. So looking at a used kart most likely. Still sitting on it though, because it's a huge time and money commitment.

On the money side, I came across an auction for a large number of high performance cars which are at incredibly low prices. Talked with Wifey and she's game with me putting in a stink bid on one, because if it hits, I should be able to flip it to something like Carvana for a $30k profit almost immediately. Even going private sale I can still make an egregious amount of money. I just have to front a bunch in cash, which is likely why there are no bids of a bunch. Others are into $100k+, so it's not like people aren't bidding.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Buy a nice house with nice appliances they said, it’ll be fun they said.

Samsung may make some crappy appliances, but it seems like they’re at least polite enough to make them easy to work on. Seized idler pulley replaced and new belt on in under an hour
CEC39197-272B-47A1-9604-23FA70A0DB5C.jpeg

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Got the tent packed up and stowed just in time for the Rain. Left the sleeping bag on the Picinic table. Had to drive back and get it. Have to turn in the Mercedes today.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
Yeah no joke, I used to buy used appliances off Craigslist for like $50, replace them every time I moved, never a problem. This bitch is 11 months old and shat the bed like Amber Heard

diesel is like $6.50/gal here. Gas is 4.50, but maaaaaaan a hybrid or some solar panels/electric car seems pretty appealing right now.
$4.50? That's it? Adorable.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I paid $3.899 per gallon of 85 octane on Saturday. I also haven't moved the Land Cruiser in a week, and we didn't use much gas at all in the PHEV minivan.

IMG_2388.jpeg

Fingerprints are most likely my wife's, hmph

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Buy a nice house with nice appliances they said, it’ll be fun they said.

Samsung may make some crappy appliances, but it seems like they’re at least polite enough to make them easy to work on. Seized idler pulley replaced and new belt on in under an hourView attachment 176475
Ah yes, that looks familiar. Samsung dryer is craptastic. Myself and a coworker both have one. Coworkers dryer always shits out some part 6-8 weeks a head of mine. It happens with such regularity that when his breaks, he gives me a heads up so I can order the part. I almost guarantee you that the drum rollers will go next, probably within the next year. Just order the rollers and belt now. You should also probably get the microswitch for the tensioner. You can get new pulleys with an actual bearing, vs the stupid plain bushing the stock one comes with.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
Ah yes, that looks familiar. Samsung dryer is craptastic. Myself and a coworker both have one. Coworkers dryer always shits out some part 6-8 weeks a head of mine. It happens with such regularity that when his breaks, he gives me a heads up so I can order the part. I almost guarantee you that the drum rollers will go next, probably within the next year. Just order the rollers and belt now. You should also probably get the microswitch for the tensioner. You can get new pulleys with an actual bearing, vs the stupid plain bushing the stock one comes with.
I was dumb and ordered the kit with just the idler and belt, not the one with the rollers. Sure enough, 1 roller is a bit sticky and has a tiny bit of heat damage, threw some dry lube on there and hope it makes it a while. Ordered the whole kit so I've got some spare parts when the rollers shit the bed.

I got the pulley with roller bearings, came with the arm and spring, is that the tensioner in question?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I was dumb and ordered the kit with just the idler and belt, not the one with the rollers. Sure enough, 1 roller is a bit sticky and has a tiny bit of heat damage, threw some dry lube on there and hope it makes it a while. Ordered the whole kit so I've got some spare parts when the rollers shit the bed.

I got the pulley with roller bearings, came with the arm and spring, is that the tensioner in question?
Learned that lesson on our Bravos XL. Replaced the idler and roller 2x now for $50 and 1.5hrs each time. Washer is starting to make noise now though. That is beyond what I want to deal with though.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Yup. Or very similar.

It lasts longer, but is still not great. I've had to replace the replacement once. Definitely just buy the set, you'll need it all at some point. Drum rollers have been getting louder recently, so I suppose that's coming up again. I'll just do it all when I crack it open again.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
maybe don't buy a washer from a company best known for tvs and smartphones?

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
maybe don't buy a washer from a company best known for tvs and smartphones?
I got mine for free when they were barely a year old from a neighbor when the dryer crapped out and Samsung refused to warranty it. The washer has been great, but holy shit, the only money I've spent on them has been the parts I have to keep ordering for the dryer, and I still feel ripped off.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Charging bridge solenoid for the chassis starting batteries went out. $129 part on the way, Battery charger is hooked up in the interim.

Every time I have to replace or upgrade a part such as this I tend to order 2 so that I can one on hand if in the middle of nowhere.