Quantcast

2022-05-16 Monday 61-50-2202

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Took the day off to recover from the weekend (drove to Montreal for my father in law's memorial service). I went for a ride this morning. Didn't manage to beat the heat, but I did manage to get out before the thunderstorms.

The local trail association has legitimized some of the funner trails I ride a lot, but in so doing has turned what be used to be janky, technical trails into flow trials. I'm a little bummed, caus those trails used to have some really great sections, but I guess it creates a trail that sits between green and double black - something we didn't have a lot of before. There was nothing for "strong intermediate" riders, which is where my oldest is now... This will give him something to progress on I think.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I had to stay tethered to work so I settled for an hour on the KICKR. Good workout tho. :monkey:

We just had thunderstorms with a tornado watch roll through. I got the alert at 5:15 and decided to chance it with the grill. I had to cut a bunch of veggies then get them on the grill, then throw the steak on when the veggies were almost done. I finished literally two minutes before we got pounded with rain. I am usually on the wrong side of those gambles!