Quantcast

2022 Racing/Team Rumors

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
After the VPP patents ran out, Intense named their VPP "JS tuned" for marketing purposes (from 2016 on). The suspension system stayed heavily based on VPP.
Nope, the downward trajectory came from letting the lizards taking over and making the business decision to make carbon bikes in Asia instead of aluminum frames in the US. They gave one of the few things that made them stand out away: US production. At the same time, they were not longer able to quickly react to market demands. Their batch system of old allowed them to introduce changes fairly quickly, sometimes within a couple of months.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
hasn't he technically been on spesh tires for a while? but just actually running them now? i swear he runs sharpie tires when its actually race day no?
in all press photos sure, but after his first three months on the team, it seems like all his riding shots and instagram shots haven't been trying to hide he runs Maxxis. this seems to imply he is actually riding and testing their tires now which if he leaves a start gate with them this season should be interesting

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
in all press photos sure, but after his first three months on the team, it seems like all his riding shots and instagram shots haven't been trying to hide he runs Maxxis. this seems to imply he is actually riding and testing their tires now which if he leaves a start gate with them this season should be interesting
yea, will be interesting to see where it goes. isn't he on all spesh gear this year too? or still riding fox?

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
yea, will be interesting to see where it goes. isn't he on all spesh gear this year too? or still riding fox?
Fox has been doing nothing but adding riders to their roster this year--everywhere i look guys are dropping 100% and others for dharco and fox. if specialized got Loic to leave Fox it must have involved some serious money changing hands.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Fox has been doing nothing but adding riders to their roster this year--everywhere i look guys are dropping 100% and others for dharco and fox. if specialized got Loic to leave Fox it must have involved some serious money changing hands.
i'd heard the rumor over on vital, wasn't sure if it actually went anywhere. but yes i had the same thought.

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Dante Silva on some new Canyon development team with Amaury's little bro.
USA, USA, USA! :rockout:

How many mtb teams does Canyon now sponsor, 25?

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
If Gee is as fast on course as he was at recovering from his last injuries then he’ll be unstoppable.
Still feel a bit sick thinking about him rag dolling down the mountain completely limp

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Nice, Jenna Hastings confirmed on Pivot, Sammie G gone.

Don't know if she is still a Jr next year, but she's a ripper!
They still have Emilie on the roster too, maybe she will be mentoring Jenna?

Canyon has 8 teams registered.....:blink:
Commencal better step up their game, they are down to 6!