Quantcast

2022 Racing/Team Rumors

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
apparently Peaty is back too, he was part of the announcement, although i'm not sure if this means he's coming back to racing?

Jackson Goldstone reminds me of a scrawny Michael Cera

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I just hope they put him on smaller wheels again. Since switching to 29ers his runs are way less entertaining than they were before.
I thought exactly that when Remi Thirion first went to 29 on commencal.
He seems to have got the hang of riding again with the switch to Giant.
is the Glory still six fiddy or is it mullet/full 29 now?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
The cult of Peaty really irritates me... no sure why, but I find it really off-putting. "Gandalf of Gravity"... give me a fricken break. ugh. time to retire and let others take their spot in the limelight.
yup, never liked his public persona (I have no idea if he's like that in person), but the whole "rule Brittania" thing was just annoying. I'm glad Vouilloz kept beating him, day in day out. :D
Hahah... Gotta admit. I laughed when Peaty crashed out at Les Gets and started crying.

Him and Warner's love of England and the Queen used to make me cringe back in the 90/00s but it was just immature thoughtless banter and other than that they've always been two of the most sound guys you're ever likely to meet.
The UK's national cycling body never did a thing for DH. and the Royal family are leeches and peadophiles.

You have to remember Peaty and Warner barely worked a day in their lives and by their mid 20s were being flown all over the world to ride their bikes a bit and get pissed with other Brits whilst never being out of the mtb media of the time. kinda as rockstar lifestyle as mountainbiking gets.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Yes. Peaty would have a beer with anyone in the pits. Nico wouldn't share his salty baguette.
A friend bumped into him at Andorra a few years ago. He was kinda puzzled at being recognized by an Argentinian at first, but then he kinda loosened and shared a couple of beers with my friend and his girlfriend. I'd say he's not a public person, but it's no Gwin style grumpy either.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
A friend bumped into him at Andorra a few years ago. He was kinda puzzled at being recognized by an Argentinian at first, but then he kinda loosened and shared a couple of beers with my friend and his girlfriend. I'd say he's not a public person, but it's no Gwin style grumpy either.
Wait are we still talking about Gary's salty bread?

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
The cult of Peaty really irritates me... no sure why, but I find it really off-putting. "Gandalf of Gravity"... give me a fricken break. ugh. time to retire and let others take their spot in the limelight.
:thumbsdown::wtf::stosh::ban:

Having actually met the guy and hung out with him, he's every bit the golden god he's alleged to be. That said, most of the riders I've run into in the pits were also fantastic bros/gals in their own right - its one of, if not the best thing about DH racing.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Yoann off Sram/RS as well

:popcorn:
My guess is either Push (most likely) or EXT for suspension, since both are near-shore manufacturing. Noah from MRP already replied on the Vital thread saying it's not them. He's already got PNW for a dropper. Not sure on brakes / drivetrain. Maybe Cascade Components for brakes? They don't technically make a complete brake, just the caliper, but they're super local to him.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My guess is either Push (most likely) or EXT for suspension, since both are near-shore manufacturing. Noah from MRP already replied on the Vital thread saying it's not them. He's already got PNW for a dropper. Not sure on brakes / drivetrain. Maybe Cascade Components for brakes? They don't technically make a complete brake, just the caliper, but they're super local to him.
I lost my money.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
One. But took him quite a bit longer.
Oh,so now we get to talk about World Cup Win,vs World Champion? You two are in twit about nothing. World Cup Win’s Boy’s,how many you got?
Greg,Gwin,then nobody remember’s. Standing Cheer For Nico.
Avy

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
even in the 2022! rumors thread you guys just talk about the past :disgust1:

annoying af
Can we talk about how much better silly season used to be, back in the days of Ream Tumors?

I certainly miss that. It was not quite as exciting as the racing season, but close enough! ;)

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
You've said too much.

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Where's Tuhoto-Ariki going to end up?

It was rumored Syndicate, but that is now bust. That kid should kill it on a bigger team with good support, he smashed quite a few races last year.

Pivot?
UR?
Trek? (if Charlie Harrison is really off, and they lost Goldie Stone)

And Dakota and Trummer from YT Mob?

Still some big names floating around out there.

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
I could see Norton or Harrison on the top step, but Tuhoto-Ariki gives me the phenom vibes

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Where's Tuhoto-Ariki going to end up?

It was rumored Syndicate, but that is now bust. That kid should kill it on a bigger team with good support, he smashed quite a few races last year.
I'd bet on Tuhoto-Ariki with Pivot. From what we could see on Bernard Kerr's LSD Channel in the past few months, they seem to get along quite well.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Alcoholic vs. responsible athlete.
iRider,Alcoholic? Strong Word’s. Maybe you should take a look at your self?
I Love Peaty,happy,badass,and has made a Life of it,so has Nico. They are different,to say Steve is a Alcoholic,and Nico is “responsible athlete” is a Man with shallow thought’s. Whatever,you won’t respond to this,so I say Good Day.
Avy

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
That should happen.
How can we call-in during the chairlift chatter episode? To ask polite questions of course.

"Hello ma'am sir? I'm pram da Pilipins, my idols are Bin Woker (@bukodabolyu) and Manny Pacquiao."*

*Before anyone gets offended I am from the Philippines.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
GT bikes going big adding a gaggle of youngsters and Katy Winton.

I hope Jess Blewitt comes back strong, she's a ripper but that Snowshoe wreck was gnarly!
stoked that Cam Cole will be back at the races. even if not riding a bike.

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
Is Neko still fast enough to crack the top 20? I haven't been following his results. He did say that on this new project wins and podiums weren't among his deliverables to sponsors.

Very interested to see what Fearon can do in a year or two with the new bike.