Quantcast

2022 Racing/Team Rumors

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
Where is MS Mondraker based out of?
MS stands for Markus Stöckl. He is from around Kitzbühel in Tirol. Former Intense rider, I think he still has the official speed record on a stock non prototype mtb.
Has close ties with Red Bull and has been the head of logistic and setup operations for the Air Races afaik. Claudio and Chris Kovarik were team members a long time ago.

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
that's what i was looking for in the video, found an air shock instead.

if you super zoom in, date on the screen is oct 14. Which means they likely have already functional prototypes or will in the very near future.

View attachment 170212
C'mon we need MOAR! What are the names of all those others parts open on the bottom of the screen?

If the air follows in the coils footsteps, it will set benchmarks for sensitivity.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Cam Zink on Devinci
official:

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Going off the weight of an EXT Storia vs Fox Float X2, this thing could almost 1/2 lb lighter than the X2! :eek:
205X65 EXT (no spring) = 418g
205X65 Float X2 = 660g
Air can and a few more seals won't add too much.....

Better start saving now, sure it'll be a record breaking price.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Going off the weight of an EXT Storia vs Fox Float X2, this thing could almost 1/2 lb lighter than the X2! :eek:
205X65 EXT (no spring) = 418g
205X65 Float X2 = 660g
Air can and a few more seals won't add too much.....

Better start saving now, sure it'll be a record breaking price.
I'm guessing it'll be around $800. The Storia is about $1000 with mounting hardware and 2 springs, and the springs are about $100/ea.
I'm really interested in the air shock, and will be buying one. The ability to tune the ramp up on the Era is really nice, and better than volume reducer tokens. I love the damper on the Storia, but feel like I'm always wishing my bikes were a bit more progressive in the rear. This could really be a best of both worlds for me. I'd keep the Storia coil for trips to chunkier terrain though.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
That was a great riding clip at the end. Dude I ripping.

Also his quote about having some not straight frames in the last few years. Intense? :busted:

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
In watching the Syndicate YouTube stuff, and that of others, it seems that Peaty always has "suggestions" and is in the younger riders ear. I recall Luca joking about it, as he usually does, but seemed to be annoyed with all the input at times.
We'll see how Goldstone likes it.

Minaar seems like he is on his own little island.

Very different vibe than say Commencal where they all appear to be a united group of equals working together and for each other.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Barel's kinda that "that guy," too, though ...
is he though? he seems to be all about testing out his ideas, rather than relying on his experience... the sense I get from Barel is "test out all the different parameters to see what winds up working for each individual rider". I seem to remember him frequently saying that what works for him wouldn't necessarily work for another rider....

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Man, for someone who says he doesn't like media, he sure is hitting the media hard... that's what the 3rd or 4th full length podcast?!

I imagine he's hitting it hard to show his sponsors they're getting value for money given that it's his first year with this new setup, but I hope he isn't getting too distracted and doesn't burn out on it... I just want to watch him race hard and do well!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Man, for someone who says he doesn't like media, he sure is hitting the media hard... that's what the 3rd or 4th full length podcast?!

I imagine he's hitting it hard to show his sponsors they're getting value for money given that it's his first year with this new setup, but I hope he isn't getting too distracted and doesn't burn out on it... I just want to watch him race hard and do well!
i think because he's probably not so constrained by any sponsors, he's not so worried about towing the company line so to speak

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001

His sponsorships are all media-based, not results based… so he said. Expect to see lots if media. Definitely something fresh to see imo. Much more interesting than the usual bs.