Quantcast

2022 Racing/Team Rumors

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
He said he is going to run the low pivot (thus far) so he can gain speed in corners
Hey Brother’s,I just seen his last video talking about low/high pivot location and how he felt about it on the 4 bar. My question is this.

How High is the Pivot on the”High” frame,compared to Spesh? Is it higher than the Trek Pivot? Or am I asking to much.
Avy

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Hey Brother’s,I just seen his last video talking about low/high pivot location and how he felt about it on the 4 bar. My question is this.

How High is the Pivot on the”High” frame,compared to Spesh? Is it higher than the Trek Pivot? Or am I asking to much.
Avy
Neko’s hp is the lowest high pivot possible due to packaging constraints between chainring and idler. Bigger idler is more reliable and has less drag but pushes your idler higher. It’s maybe a mid pivot? I think he is trying to get the advantages of the HP without the sluggishness that is sometimes associated with those designs.

Axle paths of high pivots from Linkage

1643853295696.gif

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Neko’s hp is the lowest high pivot possible due to packaging constraints between chainring and idler. Bigger idler is more reliable and has less drag but pushes your idler higher. It’s maybe a mid pivot? I think he is trying to get the advantages of the HP without the sluggishness that is sometimes associated with those designs.

Axle paths of high pivots from Linkage

View attachment 171336
Thank You. I was thinking his Pivot Location was Higher? Thank You for the chart. I think he should run the Higher Pivot Frame,but he seem’s to like otherwise.
Avy

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
What's the deal with the welding on the rocker?
Did they regret to make the rocker hollow and welded back some material...? Or was the relief to sharp and might have created a stress riser?
Screenshot_20220203-122809_Chrome.jpg

Please have some mercy as I am stumbling outside of my armchair engineering confort zone

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Did they regret to make the rocker hollow and welded back some material...? Or was the relief to sharp and might have created a stress riser?
View attachment 171345

Please have some mercy as I am stumbling outside of my armchair engineering confort zone
<armchair engineering>

The early pics showed those windows cut off the rocker, so I guess they decided it was too flexy and put some material back?

</armchair engineering>

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Interesting, those things did look pretty minimal compared to the stays.
The video series is awesome so far. Racing and actual development/evolution, with a touch of East Coast cheese thrown in there. Can't wait for it to hit the WC scene.

Also noticed this for the first time;

Pinkbike Racing Ben Cathro, Jackson Conelly, Aimi Kenyon, Thibaut Laly

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Interested to see when we will hear more about this collaboration.

View attachment 171381

Neko is smart!

He's got a bad ass welder/fabricator with decades of bike experience, and now a partner with probably well over $1 million in CNC machine tools and aerospace level experience that wants to break into the bike world.

I don't think there is another global bike manufacturer with that level of aluminum prototyping/development talent at their disposal. Should be able to spit new iterations out super quickly as well.

The big question id what will he name his frame brand? :D

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Were those your chainstays?
Nah, those are OG Spooky stays, legit 25 years old. Same stuff the Smutok-proof’d DNA’s and R9’s used for chainstays.
When i owned spooky, i got the tubing mill that cannondale abandoned re-opened for a while, but all those tubes were sold to Zen for use in Turners, Ellsworths and a few other weird projects.
I wish we’d managed to keep that facility open, boeing bought the draw benches, they are probably making toilet parts somewhere now…

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Nah, those are OG Spooky stays, legit 25 years old. Same stuff the Smutok-proof’d DNA’s and R9’s used for chainstays.
When i owned spooky, i got the tubing mill that cannondale abandoned re-opened for a while, but all those tubes were sold to Zen for use in Turners, Ellsworths and a few other weird projects.
I wish we’d managed to keep that facility open, boeing bought the draw benches, they are probably making toilet parts somewhere now…
I thought they looked very DHR esque'

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
View attachment 171345

Sounds like he was bending breaking shock pivot bolts and this was a way to try to stiffen up the linkage, ultimate solution is to have Cascade Components make them.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I thought they looked very DHR esque'
To be typically pedantic about things many years in the past, The DHR’s were built at Sapa/Anodizing Inc(now called Alcoa Profiles).

That vendor both extruded custom profiles and had draw benches for mandrel drawn tubing, in house. They still make shit like airplane seats and skyscraper windows there, but they also scrapped their draw benches, and even their small parts ano line!

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Sounds like he was bending breaking shock pivot bolts and this was a way to try to stiffen up the linkage, ultimate solution is to have Cascade Components make them.
At some point, an engineer will be needed :)

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
He's got a bad ass welder/fabricator with decades of bike experience, and now a partner with probably well over $1 million in CNC machine tools and aerospace level experience that wants to break into the bike world.

I don't think there is another global bike manufacturer with that level of aluminum prototyping/development talent at their disposal. Should be able to spit new iterations out super quickly as well.
Hope have that level to churn stuff out

vinny4130

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
albuquerque
Now I know why the rockers on my Turners always turned inwards to the shock mount.
I was never able to buy an alloy intense but I did have an alloy turner burner, the bottom out bumper was the lower link hitting the front triangle. I was thinking about a custom tune before I sold it then found out it "just needed file work" I assume an engineering file.