Quantcast

2022 Racing/Team Rumors

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Very pumped to see some of 1199, really looking forward to getting back to Whistler ASAP.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Curious if their riders' contracts all happened to finish this year or if they were on year to year. I wonder what happens when a factory program closes halfway through a rider's contract.

Is Phil Atwill on Propain? He's not on their factory team but I'm sure he was using their bikes. Wonder if him and Remy Metailler will still be on Propains

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Curious if their riders' contracts all happened to finish this year or if they were on year to year. I wonder what happens when a factory program closes halfway through a rider's contract.

Is Phil Atwill on Propain? He's not on their factory team but I'm sure he was using their bikes. Wonder if him and Remy Metailler will still be on Propains
Phil is doing his own thing, Propain Positive: https://www.uci.org/team-details/17527

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
I've only ever seen one in the wild and that was this year at the bike park. Personally, I hate the name. There wasn't anything better?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I've only ever seen one in the wild and that was this year at the bike park. Personally, I hate the name. There wasn't anything better?
Well they can't shorten their name like Young Talent Industries did to YT sine then they'd be called PP bikes.

I wonder how much damage their old DH bikes did. Since those were pretty meh. I rode a CA 2011 bike my friend had and it was wallowy, had too much travel and generally felt like a waterbed.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Well, Norco is back on with their DH team. Minus Blenki it sounds like though.
2023 TEAM RUMORS - The Hub - Mountain Biking Forums / Message Boards - Vital MTB
Does Blenki still race full time? He had some good results lately but if I remember correctly he hasn't been at many races. I could be totally wrong though.

He's gotta be getting "old" for the racing life now, especially with a kid. Would be cool to see him cherry pick races and events and do the world touring thing, but on his own pace.

boylagz

Monkey
Jul 12, 2011
SF bay area
Does Blenki still race full time? He had some good results lately but if I remember correctly he hasn't been at many races. I could be totally wrong though.

He's gotta be getting "old" for the racing life now, especially with a kid. Would be cool to see him cherry pick races and events and do the world touring thing, but on his own pace.
Im still a massive fan, he can bend a bike however he wants.

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
Has Norco ever won at the elite level in DH? Don't think so, When I hear Norco I think of Bryn Atkinson and his sick style on a bike.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
When I hear Norco, I swear I can still hear the horrible sounds their hydroformed frames were making on the way down the mountain.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Im still a massive fan, he can bend a bike however he wants.
This generation's Dave Cullinan - all style, no gloves, fast as greased turd.

Sam Hill more than hinting on Instagram that he'll be racing Val di Sole next year.

Last edited:

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
Charlie Harrison retiring from racing according to his Instagram. Sounds like all the injuries over the last few years got to him. Understandably so. It’s a bummer though. He always seemed like he was so close to being a consistent top 5 guy.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Charlie Harrison retiring from racing according to his Instagram. Sounds like all the injuries over the last few years got to him. Understandably so. It’s a bummer though. He always seemed like he was so close to being a consistent top 5 guy.
Damn that's a bummer. But yeah he's has a rough time.

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
Charlie was probably the most under rated american rider. Always seemed like he had what it took and at his best was truly a special rider. Wouldn't be shocked if he was starting a family.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Would I be right in thinking has been competing again this year tho?
Spotted wheeling a couple of jump bikes out of Canyon HQ a few days ago.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Seems like Santa cruz are winding down their jib focused exploits - two of the 50:01 guys (Josh Lewis and Dan paley) are off SC. Looks like they’re keeping Craig Evans and a few other of their more grassroots U.K. riders though.

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
The Vital crowd is convinced Melamed is heading to SC bikes.

Enduro is big time now that it's WC level :-)happydance:) so could be true.
Santa Cruz haven't had a "contender" in EWS for quite some time, like the beginning....

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
I think him going to SC makes more sense than Canyon, which is what a lot of people figured after Moir was leaving. Canyon's enduro team is notoriously cheap, and I'm sure that Jesse wouldn't leave a program that he liked for so long to go to something half-assed like Canyon. Plus he's a notorious suspension tinkerer and is one of the guys Fox has testing their newest Live Valve shock, so I think it more likely that he sticks with a team on the suspension he knows, as opposed to different (Canyon / RS). If SC dropped all their 50:01 guys and decided to make a real enduro team, it makes sense they'd want at least 1 established rider to found the team around.

The suspension thing makes me doubt that he's going to Specialized too.

I'm curious to see if they'll be on the same sponsors as their DH team (Fox/Shimano/Burgtec), or RS like they have been on.

Last edited: