2022 Racing/Team Rumors

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
I am not sure what you are saying about Richie on a different level? Being a Jr.Champ,having more wins than Maes in EWS,or just an all around better rider?

I was tryin to say that of All EWS riders coming into DH,Maes was the best with the few races he had. If I am wrong,I am all ears.

I don’t think Richie will do a lot of DH Races for Yeti. Especially with the New Entry Fee imposed which is a complete Greedy Fuckin Scam. I hope I am wrong,I would Love to see him on the Grit.

I can not imagine how hard it is for one going from EWS to DH? It’s not that they can’t ride it,it’s being at the
top 10. To me,that is the Best of the Best. All World,One of the Fastest on Earth,The Real Mcoy,Crem da La Crem,Bown Down Bitch.

Sam went the opposite route and got his 3 titles. IMHO,that is the easier route to take as nothing compares to the DH. Richie is in for a Hell of a Ride. I have Sam in Top 5 Greatest of All Time.

I cant wait to see Sam back in DH. The Stress/Mental level between Sam and Richie this year will be a much harder ordeal for Richie. Poor Little Sausage.

Avy
I fully agree on EWS to DH transition being much more difficult, my point was Richie was winning at the highest level in DH as a junior until Yeti pulled the team. He was a WC DH racer before EWS was even a thing, which is a different situation than it would be for most EWS guys trying to race world cup DH.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I fully agree on EWS to DH transition being much more difficult, my point was Richie was winning at the highest level in DH as a junior until Yeti pulled the team. He was a WC DH racer before EWS was even a thing, which is a different situation than it would be for most EWS guys trying to race world cup DH.
should also mention that in his last year of Jrs, Richie was racing up in Elite. his results weren't stellar, but that was also a different era of racing than today. gwin, minaar, hill, atherton, etc were still the ones to beat.

edit to add: the year he won jr worlds he beat Vergier by almost 6 seconds. if he had been racing elite for worlds (not allowed) his time would have put him in 14th.

1679420544754.png

Last edited:

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
actually, he raced up his first year as a jr too. 2nd at worlds in '12 (behind Bruni)

View attachment 191251
Bruni owned him in Juniors Similar to Brosnan and Neko in Juniors. Without Brosnan and Bruni the USA would have dominated Juniors for years. I'm a huge Richie fan but I don't see him beating Bruni. Bruni at his best is the best Imo

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Bruni owned him in Juniors Similar to Brosnan and Neko in Juniors. Without Brosnan and Bruni the USA would have dominated Juniors for years. I'm a huge Richie fan but I don't see him beating Bruni. Bruni at his best is the best Imo
i don't disagree. i was more just pointing out who richie was competing against at the time in terms of how he stacked up compared to the rest of the field.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Both Brosnan and Vali Holl racing the first Enduro World Series event in Maydena, Tasmania this weekend. Should be good. The course is very DH orientated, perhaps too much so (I believe they're toning it down a little) so I expect they'll both enjoy themselves.

I rode a fair bit of the course a few weeks ago, good luck to the racers - wish I could be there to race/participate/marshal/spectate for this one but no luck.

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
i don't disagree. i was more just pointing out who richie was competing against at the time in terms of how he stacked up compared to the rest of the field.
I remember him at nationals at mt snow in 2007 when he was a kid, i had no idea who he was at the time. Think he won his class by a minute. Been following his career ever since.

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
I
Both Brosnan and Vali Holl racing the first Enduro World Series event in Maydena, Tasmania this weekend. Should be good. The course is very DH orientated, perhaps too much so (I believe they're toning it down a little) so I expect they'll both enjoy themselves.

I rode a fair bit of the course a few weeks ago, good luck to the racers - wish I could be there to race/participate/marshal/spectate for this one but no luck.
Gnarly course. I’m just happy to get down in 1 piece on some of them. Brosnan will be on his Torque I imagine.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I

Gnarly course. I’m just happy to get down in 1 piece on some of them. Brosnan will be on his Torque I imagine.
You racing? If you're in Open rather than Pro they're still toning down some stuff. When I saw the OG course plan I thought they were on drugs, especially if it rains.

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
You racing? If you're in Open rather than Pro they're still toning down some stuff. When I saw the OG course plan I thought they were on drugs, especially if it rains.
No I’m nursing a sore thumb from a rather big one. So watching the Rally Australia race nearby. Going to spectate Derby though.
when I saw the track I was thinking the same. And especially if it rained as well. I don’t care what level elite you were that would’ve been the toughest gravity race to period if they went ahead with it.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
No I’m nursing a sore thumb from a rather big one. So watching the Rally Australia race nearby. Going to spectate Derby though.
when I saw the track I was thinking the same. And especially if it rained as well. I don’t care what level elite you were that would’ve been the toughest gravity race to period if they went ahead with it.
Yep, Yeah Gnar and Gnar Yeah in the rain would be a gong show, even for the worlds best. I'm half surprised they didn't make them do Zen Garden lily pad. From what I've heard they've put in some B lines, and closed off one or five features. My mates are racing and they reckon the courses are still being updated as we go. Spectating would be wicked though.

Derby should be sick too, keen to see what that new Cuddles track runs like.

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013

I could see it being a bit awkward in canyonland if Brosnan were to beat Jesse

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I could see it being a bit awkward in canyonland if Brosnan were to beat Jesse
Brosnan has been doing road crit racing for the past few months. I wouldn't be surprised if he bloody won the EWS.

And given the lack of mid stage climbing at Maydena, Vali has a good chance as well. There's a tiny pinch climb here and there but nothing too silly.

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
Yeah he's a flippen machine too. Guy just bikes hard no matter what.
I think he can win it. But my pick is Luke Meier Smith. Hes been at Maydena a lot recently.
Guys should jump on the Maydena bike park insta and see the previews of the stages. Man they’ll be going through brake pads. Weather looks good too.
Toodles, cuddles looks wide open fast

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria

Vali caught Epstein Barr last fall, we shall see if she's fit already. I hope so.

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
That is a huge bummer. Neko seems like a guy thats passionate about DH Racing from building parks to racing to designing bikes. I was so pumped for him putting his frameworks machine within a second of Loic just last weekend. Gotta be so crushing mentally dealing with losing a season you've put everything into. I guess the silver lining is he got his bike on the podium against some of the worlds best prior to injury?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
That sucks. Hope he has a good recovery and is back soon.

Don't others have his frame now? I'm sure he'll be kept busy, even with being busted.