Quantcast

2023 Loudenvielle World Cup

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Its happening...

PB is ripe with comments about the track. Looks pretty steep to me and if it rains, well, good luck. Looks more awkward than anything else.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'm investing in a catch netting company as they're going to need a lot along that course.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Holy shit, that's a lot of steeps & off camber for rain. There's going to be absolute carnage.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
The top does “look easy,” but the bottom looks wild. Awkward is a great description. It will be interesting to see how people figure out the fastest lines…

vivisectxi

Monkey
Jan 14, 2021
yeast van
holy. may actually see the spikes come out. some of the line cutting is janky, but in a (possibly) good way? gonna see lots of bodies on the floor, methinks. checkers or wreckers. should be entertaining.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
The top does “look easy,” but the bottom looks wild. Awkward is a great description. It will be interesting to see how people figure out the fastest lines…
Top looks real easy in the dry.

Top looks like its going to be madness when you have hundreds of riders smashing out laps in the rain.

Pretty much every time the WC is held on a big steep grass hill + rain, the entire event turns into madness and one of the best races of the year.

Throw in all the awkward bits where precise speed is going to be necessary, I think this is going to fuck hard.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I'd totally be stoked to ride that. Even just for fun. But I was just watching Bruni's helmet cam, so he probably made it look easy. But still. Would totally love to hit that. We don't get much "new" track designs out here. It's more like "use the designated trail(s) only" type of model. BORING. :)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'd totally be stoked to ride that. Even just for fun. But I was just watching Bruni's helmet cam, so he probably made it look easy. But still. Would totally love to hit that. We don't get much "new" track designs out here. It's more like "use the designated trail(s) only" type of model. BORING. :)
Yeah new stuff is great.

I get the prestige or whatever of Fort Bill and even MSA but damn it's kinda meh watching those places year after year. I guess at least MSA has changed their trail quite a bit over the years vs a few tweaks in the woods at Fort Bill.

The again, I don't want them to not host it, if there aren't other venues ready to fill the gap. Preferably ones outside of Europe..

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Looks like finals is Sunday now. Keep praying to the weather gods....looks like semi finals is still in the plans....

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
holy shmoly... once they get into the woods (at around 5:00 in the vid), it gets really steep, and really off camber. it'll be wild to see the top riders ace those sections...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
holy jeez, that looks like a really tough track to ride. that section after the bridge looks ludicrously steep, and that catch berm is going to get blown to bits... then the step-down huck with a stump in the middle right after it?! wow. I hope they have a camera placed there!

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
LOVE all the line choice options and steeps.
Track looks brilliant. Genuinely bummed Hill is out for this one - would have been awesome clips from it. Especially if it gets damp.

Solely for my entertainment the top 30 should be forced to race 27.5 wheels and flat pedals only.

vivisectxi

Monkey
Jan 14, 2021
yeast van
if the live timing qualis are any indication, this should be a wild race. split times are fluctuating all over the place & lots of guys losing big chunks in the latter sectors. not many clean runs going down, it appears.