Quantcast

2023 Loudenvielle World Cup

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
She does a lot of sports and trains with heart rate tracking so probably helps her understand the effort level put in.
Forgetting the fact we don't know any of the riders max hr or zones. Unless it's the same sport HR will not even be vaguely comparable.
My max HR running has always been over 10bpm higher than cycling. And on a bike my max HR descending mtb is higher than climbing. All pathetically low now I'm old mind.

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
For the data to get from a HR strap to live feed screen graphic I'd expect some lag. But other than that I'd have expected it to just work the same as any other wireless HR monitor. Personally I 've only ever used chest straps (polar/tomtom/garmin) and from experience accuracy can fuck up from time to time. Usually from an issue with the strap transmitter electronics or low battery and very rarely interference. I suppose a wrist strap on a DH rider could be more susceptible to sensor issues from vibration tho. Maybe not so much on Loic's hover bike.
It was more that Whoop was less accurate than polar and garmin products. I was considering it some time ago and generally the reviews are "good app, meh hardware"

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
TBH I'd never heard of the company before this afternoon

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I also agree that Gwin in the commentary booth really helped out. It's like he was able to unlock Cedric's knowledge. They were talking about interesting things, technical aspect of riding. Rik interrupted him way too often though.
100% agree. Cedric is really good in some other kind of situations (interview after race, this one GMBN feature thingy he was in), depth of knowledge and such. But during the commentating he is unbearable I think.

Gwin stayed really professional during commentating, not plugging his team/sponsors as much as Claudio did.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
100% agree. Cedric is really good in some other kind of situations (interview after race, this one GMBN feature thingy he was in), depth of knowledge and such. But during the commentating he is unbearable I think.

Gwin stayed really professional during commentating, not plugging his team/sponsors as much as Claudio did.
How did Hatton,Kolb and Benny the Jet do?

Avy

Kurt_80

Monkey
Jan 25, 2016
Perth, WA.
Is the Whoop HR monitor strapped to a sloth or something? I dunno whether to be impressed with the athletes HR data or shocked by the inaccuracy of the series sponsor's equipment. There's no fuckin way they're ~150bpm on these runs.
Haha I was thinking the same thing. I'd be STARTING at 150 and only going up from there.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
nope, camera ppl still missed the riders a few times too many. then the whole minute long heli shot during semis when there were riders on the track. or this lets explain the different tires segment with exposing how weak women are during the finals.

still missing: on screen infos, red bull had way better compairing between riders runs

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I agree RB packaging and on screen data / graphics was far superior, but I think ESO’s camera coverage (only) is better. There were even some cool zoom shots with foliage in the foreground.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Can we all chip in and buy Daprella a surfboard leg rope? poor guy still looking for his rig.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I normally love to hate on Gwinn but his commentary was great. Good insights, funny on occasion and kept his mouth shut when he didn't have something interesting to say.

Of course next to Cedric a cat with its tail caught in a paper shredder would be an improvement.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Pardon my ignorance but who?
Camile got airlifted out after getting blown off the landing on the road gap jump. Sounds like she will be OK, but when someone says they will be OK after having to spend a month in a neuro trauma center that could just be the positive attitude talking. TBIs are unpredictable and no joke.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
nope, camera ppl still missed the riders a few times too many. then the whole minute long heli shot during semis when there were riders on the track. or this lets explain the different tires segment with exposing how weak women are during the finals.

still missing: on screen infos, red bull had way better compairing between riders runs
Did buckoW have his hands on this Track? I think it is a great track.

Avy

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Feels like all these big changes this years is now giving less eyes on it and the full thing was a total fuck up.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

They still don't ever show the list of remaining riders once the race starts and even the announcers got confused when Gwinn asked how many more to go. And with the confusing rules on starting order with protected riders you can't rely on quals or semis to really know.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
They still don't ever show the list of remaining riders once the race starts
They did put up a graphic with a list of the last five riders towards the end. Too little too late really. I'd also agree that almost all aspects of the presentation has become a disappointment compared to how redbull were doing it previously. For free.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
We starting a new Les Gets thread or renaming this one? The WCs coming thick and fast these few weeks.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
1693861223182.png

I didn't even realise Daprella broke his bar. I know his other hand came off, so maybe it was when the bike got yeeted into the forest at 60kph

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
In the comments somewhere, someone pointed out that you can see the grip still dangling off the bike. I wonder what voodoo they have going on in there?

Maybe he doesn't clinch cheeks like us mortals when shit is going south, but death grips and snaps them like a baseball bat over the knee.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
In the comments somewhere, someone pointed out that you can see the grip still dangling off the bike. I wonder what voodoo they have going on in there?

Maybe he doesn't clinch cheeks like us mortals when shit is going south, but death grips and snaps them like a baseball bat over the knee.
Looks like his hands came off the grips auguring the left handlebar into the berm, dirt marks match the assumption.

Last edited:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Looks like his hands came off the grips auguring the left handlebar into the berm, dirt marks match the assumption.

Blah blah blah. Fuck, enough,it ain’t near as hard as the “Freak” wrapping that Tree. He did not get up looking for his Bike.

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
View attachment 200051

I didn't even realise Daprella broke his bar. I know his other hand came off, so maybe it was when the bike got yeeted into the forest at 60kph
Magoo did the same thing on a Honda 500 2stroke. Look um up all you Americans. The Greatest dirt bike USA rider IMHO. Of course,Doug Henry being second.

Avy

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
View attachment 200051

Daprella is quickly becoming the most exciting guy to watch. Wildman! surprised he runs anything carbon at this point he's blown up wheels and bars mid race. insane