@crombie1
@BikeGeek and DJ
@D.2 and Maureen
@Montana rider
@pigboy and Esther
@scrublover
@irishblue76
@Sandwich

Hey there monkeys. Haven't been on the :monkey: much the past few months due to dealing with family stuff. Has there been any discussions about a Summer Monkeyfest this year? Would love to ride with everyone again. Didn't see any threads about it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
It should be August 25th, 26th, and 27th Ontario County Park Bristol NY. Plenty of camping and cabins. Lots of privacy 3 local trail networks nearby, Hitor, OCP, HH Spenser Park, Stid Hill, The Boy Scout camp/FLT trails. Facilites includes showers, clean bathrooms, plenty of grills. Restaurants and food shopping nearby. Canandaigua Lake nearby.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I don't voluntarily leave the Rockies during the 100 days of "summer" but one of these years I will grant an exemption to include a festival of monos and visit my buddy @ Schroon Lake (Lake George)

Why not this year?!?

1678318696195.png

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
It should be August 25th, 26th, and 27th Ontario County Park Bristol NY. Plenty of camping and cabins. Lots of privacy 3 local trail networks nearby, Hitor, OCP, HH Spenser Park, Stid Hill, The Boy Scout camp/FLT trails. Facilites includes showers, clean bathrooms, plenty of grills. Restaurants and food shopping nearby. Canandaigua Lake nearby.
Would be fun some year. Plus, Dryer Road Park isn't too far from OCP as well

Unlikely that I'd make that because of an immediatly prior trip with V.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
This could work. The Lodge looks to be available online too for that weekend (the Farmhouse too if we were to check out on Sunday).
I thought the farmhouse was pretty cool last Summer. Lots of room/parking for everyone, large bathrooms with multiple showers, space for fire pits, and right near the top of Moose Alley. :rockout:

But a return to the lodge would be kinda nostalgic as well.

Last edited:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Yes please. The farm location would be sweet. I've stayed at the cabin at kitchel, the one that the Ide's own(ed). If you're talking about the same one, not sure it would work well for a large group. One shower, a port-a-john, sleeping in a single room with 8 bunks, small living room/kitchen area.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Yes please. The farm location would be sweet. I've stayed at the cabin at kitchel, the one that the Ide's own(ed). If you're talking about the same one, not sure it would work well for a large group. One shower, a port-a-john, sleeping in a single room with 8 bunks, small living room/kitchen area.
That's the one. I am leaning toward to the farm again. It's available and we could rent out the whole thing (and add the farmhouse if needed).

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Alriight. Admittingly, I don't speak jive. Are you guys talking about something on the east coast? If so, maybe call this the East Coast MonkeyFest. No hate, just admitting, I'm not an east coaster and there you go. I don't really go across the Mississippi unless...well....I just don't do it TBH. Not even for fuken Bentonville Arkansas. ;)

So this non east coaster could be convinced to go the World Cup, and would love to hang out with you monkeys. And I'm sure other west-er monkys would too. So there's an idea.

Otherwise, why not congregate near the center of our beloved continent or like Switzerland*?

I'm a little biased but have you ever heard of Colorado? You can get direct flights to such places as Aspen, Crested Butte, Steamboat, Vail, Telluride, Durango. All have DH trails. All have lift access. All will kick your ass if you want. Or not.

Do you know how many people I have met this week touting about how they got here from Chicago, oHIo, Mass, NY, NC, Flowrida, Cali, etc. on a non stop to here? I spent more time in my car driving here than they did flying here. :)

*Just talked to some dudes from Swiss land. Apparently there's no snow? I'm like why did you guys travel to HERE? Out of all the possibilities? There's gotta be better places that are closer? Apparently not. Kind of a compliment, I suppose. ;)

Alriight. Admittingly, I don't speak jive. Are you guys talking about something on the east coast? If so, maybe call this the East Coast MonkeyFest. No hate, just admitting, I'm not an east coaster and there you go. I don't really go across the Mississippi unless...well....I just don't do it TBH. Not even for fuken Bentonville Arkansas. ;)

So this non east coaster could be convinced to go the World Cup, and would love to hang out with you monkeys. And I'm sure other west-er monkys would too. So there's an idea.

Otherwise, why not congregate near the center of our beloved continent or like Switzerland*?

I'm a little biased but have you ever heard of Colorado? You can get direct flights to such places as Aspen, Crested Butte, Steamboat, Vail, Telluride, Durango. All have DH trails. All have lift access. All will kick your ass if you want. Or not.

Do you know how many people I have met this week touting about how they got here from Chicago, oHIo, Mass, NY, NC, Flowrida, Cali, etc. on a non stop to here? I spent more time in my car driving here than they did flying here. :)

*Just talked to some dudes from Swiss land. Apparently there's no snow? I'm like why did you guys travel to HERE? Out of all the possibilities? There's gotta be better places that are closer? Apparently not. Kind of a compliment, I suppose. ;)
Yes, east coast. Monkeyfest has been Monkeyfest for at least twenty years, and will continue to do so, I think. It'd be interesting to find the original thread - 2003?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Ok folks, here's the 411
Original Lodge would need WAY too many upgrades to be considered for a group our size so that's out of the question. The kitchel cabin, though intriguing isn't big enough either and honestly, I liked the farm lodge from last year....owner was great and super easy to work with; lots of rooms and space; parking and right on the trails so that's my vote and since I organize (evil laugh) I have put a deposit down!

Officially....July 13-17; I have a deposit on the whole lodge again so we are going to need 20+ monkeys to fill the space. Cost will likely be the same as last year (I'm hoping about $200 for lodging and food for the weekend). Now, who's in?
TreeSaw & SqEarl
@johnbryanpeters
@Bunnista
@ICEBALL585
@crombie1
@BikeGeek
@irishblue76
@splat
@I Are Baboon
@jdcamb
@Sandwich
@jonKranked
@Pesqueeb (you know the drill and I am happy to pick you up from the airport if necessary)
@Montana rider (you know the drill and I am happy to pick you up from the airport if necessary)
@Jozz
@BadDNA
@Full Trucker (you know the drill and I am happy to pick you up from the airport if necessary)
@Nick (you know the drill and I am happy to pick you up from the airport if necessary)

Let's make it a big one people!!!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

Doesn't the "west coast monkeyfest" fail every single year because nobody can agree on anything? Most of us have been doing regular MF for years because it's relatively local to a lot of the early moderators and a large contingent still lives in new england. At this point I think about half the crew is related to treesaw but I may be wrong.

Anyways, hoping to be in