Quantcast

2024 racing thread

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Wow,small world. Never Burn them Bridge‘s Boy’s.

StepBrother is always interesting,I have that now,Son with a Step. They are not close,I am glad to see you are. Or perhaps you are being polite. It’s so nice to hear good news of John. I have skied Alta as a teen,drove from CA. With my Mom and StepDad. Long ride Brother,11hrs? One of my Favorite memories,No Snow like that Utah Snow. So he travels a lot? Glad he is riding,what his steed of choice,I must know.

Avy
John's a good guy, took me on some of my first illegal MTB trails back in the day.

He was rocking an Esker when I saw him last summer. One of DW's latest suspension designs. Pretty sure he took all the pics for their site.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
No Crankworks comments in here? The men’s slopestyle was canceled bc of what more or less amounts to a strike on the part of the riders. Surprised not to see anything about that or is there another thread…?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
No Crankworks comments in here? The men’s slopestyle was canceled bc of what more or less amounts to a strike on the part of the riders. Surprised not to see anything about that or is there another thread…?
It's not a strike if the boys didn't line the start shouting "SCAB" at every girl who started

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Slope what?

Isn't that like the stuff they have going on in the parking lot outside the SX races while you are waiting for the real show to start? :D

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I don’t really care about slopestyle but I’m a fan of the riders standing up for themselves.

The industry needs to figure out how to pay their talent, whether racers or other pros, in my opinion.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It seems like a tough situation to me. When you have inputs from so many directions, how will anything ever unify?

If I remember correctly, the guy who started crankworx or owns it, was on a podcast recently. He said the "crankworx" company basically makes no money. So what else can the organization do?

Where do all those riders actual employers, the people who are paying their yearly wages or whatever way you want to put it, stand? Shouldn't they be the most accountable for change?

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
I don’t really care about slopestyle but I’m a fan of the riders standing up for themselves.

The industry needs to figure out how to pay their talent, whether racers or other pros, in my opinion.
love that most cyclists believe that pro purses need to be larger, and cover more of the field - and simultaneously think that paying to watch events is an outcry and that buying bikes at full price is solely for Fred’s and dentists.

no one is getting rich of bikes except for people making e-hybrids (and within 2 years that market will be fucked and the industry will have to find a new genre to make up).

Who’s even investing in slope riders these days? Specialized, Canyon and Trek? If riders start boycotting and their name doesn’t rhyme with Bemil Bobanson they’re fucked.

Edit: I think racing should be broadcast to watch free, that riders should get paid and looked after, and that bikes should be cheaper. I understand I’m a hypocrite.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
spectators gotta pay a "site" fee to go up to snowshoe when there's a world cup up there...guarantee that money's all going to snowshoe to help recoup what they pay to host, not a dime going to riders...any other sites charge a "fee"'to watch other than rotorua?

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Well, I ain't gonna be the one crying because Sugary Beverage X wants to buy the broadcast rights for any given event series and then put it out free to watch.

If anyone thinks money gateways should exist for the sport to survive, while living in a first world country, I'm going to call them hypocrites.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Well then it's a good thing there is a "median income here is 6700chf" there. Suck it up buttercup!

Did you forget a zero?

MonkeyGut

Monkey
Dec 8, 2006
Anyone watch Race Day Live from the Seattle SX yesterday?

Jackson Goldstone made an appearance in the booth and they chatted about mountain bikes for a minute, even showed some clips from MSA.
Yeah and when they asked if his sponsors were ok with moto, he said yeah I can ride my motorcycle....no good tracks around me so I just ride hard enduro.