Quantcast

2025 WC Calendar

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
I really hope it’s Whiteface. But I wonder about the course seeing that WB wants to cut everything to three minutes or under for TV time. From the top, there’s no way it’s under three minutes.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I really hope it’s Whiteface. But I wonder about the course seeing that WB wants to cut everything to three minutes or under for TV time. From the top, there’s no way it’s under three minutes.
wouldn't need to be from the top... they could start at the top of the gondola and skip the chair no? I never actually rode DH there. MTB Mike ceased operations by the time I got a proper DH bike, had money to actually travel, and buddies that could do the same. Bromont was the same distance for us and had more variety, so we went there...

I might actually make it down to watch. It's a great time of year to go (in fact, I'm headed there with the family this weekend). It could be fun.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
booo to axing longer courses, homogenizing everything is fucking lame.
Whiteface could actually be a nice change. From what I remember people saying, the bottom part of the course was flatter than the top. With it being so chunky but not steep, it could be a pretty technical course. À la WV... But in reality, there's enough terrain there to build any kind of course, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Yeah, what happened to Ft. Bill? Thought it would never go away. It's an icon of sorts 'innit?'

Alright, so if you're from Colorado, and wanted to see the big show next year (like bucket list type stuff, I'm getting old). So yeah, travel and all that bs. Would you pick:

1) The worlds at Champery
2) Lake Placid NY WC
3) US Open

Need to do some planning here YOLO

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah, what happened to Ft. Bill? Thought it would never go away. It's an icon of sorts 'innit?'

Alright, so if you're from Colorado, and wanted to see the big show next year (like bucket list type stuff, I'm getting old). So yeah, travel and all that bs. Would you pick:

1) The worlds at Champery
2) Lake Placid NY WC
3) US Open

Need to do some planning here YOLO
Money being no option, Champery

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
correct me if i'm wrong, but more than a few EU venues don't have the DH tracks the full length of the mountain.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
The 5K DH was about 6 minutes from the top of the gondola with at least 1 small flat/uphill about 1/4 way down. I can see WC riders around 3 minutes if they put in some fast sections like MSA has.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
DUDE, Whiteface? Are you kiddin'? That's so awesome.

Could do that middle lift halfway up and still get a very decent course. IIRC, peak trails happened mid mountain, with off-the-top stuff being either WFO down a ski run or east coast low-flow ultra technical stuff that doesn't belong on a WC anyways. I was excited when I saw XCO this year, never expected a DH run.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Kinda bums me when I see mountains offer DH races but are not in operation the rest of the year. Like Tremblant is doing.