Quantcast

20mm Solid Stainless Steel Axle 48h Rear Single Speed Hub?

Sep 9, 2012
Hi All,

Tried searching a bit around to no avail.

So I have this redonkulous ride...a fully Steel HiCycle...aka the Metal Mustang! :D

Keep bending the rear axle...i'm on at least the 5th bent axle now so I think I just want to beef it up...really not concerned with weight...this is my daily commute and touring bike.

RealSteelHiCycle5.jpgRealSteelHiCycle3.jpg

I'm looking for the most indestructable rear SingleSpeed hub/wheel/axle I can find.

Any Ideas??

Thanks in advance.

E

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
you keep bending the axle because your bike is stupid, try not being an attention whore and just ride a normal bike like the rest of the human race or keep looking like some ghetto ass 80's tennis instructor on his way to impressing the cirque du solea talent scouts.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
you keep bending the axle because your bike is stupid, try not being an attention whore and just ride a normal bike like the rest of the human race or keep looking like some ghetto ass 80's tennis instructor on his way to impressing the cirque du solea talent scouts.
U jealous of the low BB? AWeshome cornering ability! :D

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Any chance there is so much flex in the frame that excessive chain tension is snapping the axles?

I hope you are a midget, or a clown.

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Maybe build one of these-

Why the **** do I get sent to bike mag every time I try to post a pic?

Sep 9, 2012
Haha you guys are funny.

But seriously, all I want to know if there is a real beefy axle...maybe a tandem wheelset that someone can vouch for with at least a 14mm solid axle.

Just having fun with life blackohio...please lighten up...try getting high :))

Yes I want everyone to look at me! It's called being safe, the more easily you are seen the better chances of not being hit! Plus this is my art...I made the bike myself. Try one out for yourself and you'll never want to ride a normal bike again.
7975011323_fe85bf6dc0_o.jpg

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
what you're looking for basically doesn't exist. closest thing would be a 14mm bmx hub.

the problem with that is that you'd have to weld on an entire new rear triangle. the axle is larger than what you currently have, and the spacing is different; bmx hubs are 110mm; older road bikes like the one you are running are 126mm spacing. if its newer, than you're even worse off with 130mm spacing.