Quantcast

:(

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal

Good thing is I have exactly 20 days left on my one year warrenty so I'm going to try and get a new frame. In the meantime tho I think its
fine to ride. Right?

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
That is a odd place for the frame to crack.

Sometimes builders use a down tube for a top tube because of wall thickness which can seem like a good idea, but often times if the top tube is short you can cut the butt off actually leaving you with a very thin wall at the miter.

Otherwise what flatrls said, combo of undercut and overheated weld.

If it was weak enough to crack in the first place, it is now weak enough to completly break, don't ride it.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Heat effected zone from a overly hot robot weld , pretty common for a high stress area like the end of the seatstays .
Were do spinning allot of 360's into soft dirt ? Or doing allot of really high airs , or big gaps ?

Sucks to have your frame crack , no good there man sorry to hear about this.
I know the guys over at NS are good people , they should take care of you on this

brap081189

Chimp
Feb 26, 2009
i have cracked 3 frames from haro with cracks that size and rode them afterwards. i deff took it easy. but ridin it would be fine. if your about to land hard or case. id bail and run away from it though :monkeydance:

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
Heat effected zone from a overly hot robot weld , pretty common for a high stress area like the end of the seatstays .
Were do spinning allot of 360's into soft dirt ? Or doing allot of really high airs , or big gaps ?

Sucks to have your frame crack , no good there man sorry to hear about this.
I know the guys over at NS are good people , they should take care of you on this
Funny you mention that I was doing a lot of 3's to sandy dirt and working on flat ones and a lot of 180s down stairs.

Your right NS bikes is a great company but the only problem is the guy that owns the bike shop I got it from is being a dick about it.

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
instead of the 6 month long battle you will face getting it replaced, find a good welder in your area and have it gusseted. its probably going to happen on the next frame if you get the same one.
I was thinking of doing that but its too late I already gave it to the bike shop and I think they sent it to BTI or whatever to get warrentied.

But what I'm going to do is get a Dobermann Pinscher and then just sell the frame that they send me for warrenty. You guys think thats a good idea?

I'm really tired of all this bike mechanics stuff... just want to ride.