Quantcast

22 inches of Love - it feels just right

bean22

Chimp
Jan 3, 2012
uk
right guys, if anyone is interested im selling my amero prototype frame and forks with faction zeitgeist wheels and tires, with bb as well.

ive only had it for a short time and barely used it but for reasons now im basically not going to be riding for pretty much the rest of the year.

its a rad set up and does ride a treat. message me if your interested guys, thanks.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
1/2 inch drop outs? !!??! why do they look so thick?
heh, yeah i don't know man, we'll see !!

just as a little experiment, I got my S&M 22" fork, and while waiting for my InDust 22" frame decided to see what a WTP Avenger 24" would look like with a 22" fork and 22" wheels. the Avenger has 1st gen Sunday Model C geo (21.25"tt, 13.75"bb). well, it dropped the bb to what looks like a pretty normal/good height and the head angle didn't steepen as much I thought it would. looks like a highly rideable setup. except you're not getting the benefit of a back end designed around a 22" wheel and the brakes won't line up.

Jan 4, 2012
Here's a mid school Holmes--disregard the Dirtbike stickers--that I had the brake bridge and chainstay bracket moved in order to run as a 22". The forks are custom Pitchforks and the wheels are the Velocity Taipans. With 22" specific forks on a 20" frame, the bottom Bracket height measures a little under 13" with the 22" wheels in place. The chainstay length with the wheel in its current position is 15", a little longer than desired, but not too bad. I never could manual anyway, so that's not a big deal. All-in-all it's a fun bike to ride and it satisfies the 22" craving before my custom Standard frame is completed.

http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz171/teachbmxcharlie/DSC00085-2.jpg
http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz171/teachbmxcharlie/DSC00079-1.jpg
http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz171/teachbmxcharlie/DSC00080-3.jpg

Last edited:

oldtricks

Chimp
Feb 23, 2009
The Faction guys have said they should be ready to sell mid june. Anyone got any news of the S & M 22. I can't find any refrences to it apart from rumours on forums. Is it for real?

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Here's a mid school Holmes--disregard the Dirtbike stickers--that I had the brake bridge and chainstay bracket moved in order to run as a 22". The forks are custom Pitchforks and the wheels are the Velocity Taipans. With 22" specific forks on a 20" frame, the bottom Bracket height measures a little under 13" with the 22" wheels in place. The chainstay length with the wheel in its current position is 15", a little longer than desired, but not too bad. I never could manual anyway, so that's not a big deal. All-in-all it's a fun bike to ride and it satisfies the 22" craving before my custom Standard frame is completed.

Looks pretty sweet!

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
The Faction guys have said they should be ready to sell mid june. Anyone got any news of the S & M 22. I can't find any refrences to it apart from rumours on forums. Is it for real?
The prototype is sitting in my basement.... I'd say it's real. When S&M will be putting it into production, I have no clue...

oldtricks

Chimp
Feb 23, 2009
Yeah. It's the production part being real that interests me.

It seems as though the Amero is going to have forks for 10 (3/8ths) axel slot. So won't fit with the Zeitgeist wheels.
I was looking at some of those prototype frames. Can I use the Zeitgeist fork with a frame that is machined for intergrated headset?, rather than grinding anything down or changing hubs.
I know I could buy a whole new set up but just a new geo frame would suit me for now.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
Can I use the Zeitgeist fork with a frame that is machined for .....
Yes. You just use an integrated headset and it has a different lower bearing race.

There are some forks out there that you can only use with a new school (integrated) frame because they integrated the bearing race onto the fork...

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
the latest InDust 22" (one of 3 made in this run) . . . .

* All SuperTherm. 5 lbs. 0.6 ounces.
* 21.75"tt, 14"cs (to center of 14mm axle slammed), 12 1/8" bb height
* Front Eclat hub & Velocity rim.
* rear Faction Zeitgeist stock wheel
* Profile 180mm's raw, S&M 28t spline drive sprocket
* S&M top loader stem, S&M Grand Slam XLT bars
* S&M custom 22" fork

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Word on the street is, the new Holmes will be available in August.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
my friend Dan took that pic of Chester jumping. I helped pack up the 22 last night so it can be shipped back to Moeller. He said he wants to get some runs in on it too.

sheephills

Chimp
Jul 2, 2012
Denmark
Got a Faction a couple of weeks ago (rode bmx 1983-2005 till I broke my hip and arm and got serious back problems, turned to 24” mtb and now ride a WTP avenue 24”)

I still prefer my Avenue, much easier on the back, but having issues with foot clearance on x-ups and barspins, on the Faction however there is plenty of room..

Cheers
thomas

Attachments

Last edited:

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Got a Faction a couple of weeks ago (rode bmx 1983-2005 till I broke my hip and arm and got serious back problems, turned to 24” mtb and now ride a WTP avenue 24”)

I still prefer my Avenue, much easier on the back, but having issues with foot clearance on x-ups and barspins, on the Faction however there is plenty of room..

Cheers
thomas
Are you interested in selling it? PM sent.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
You have to buy an after market 24 inch frame to get your x-up/bars on... My 24 has a 22.25 inch top tube. I wouldn't want to ride one that was under 22.

sheephills

Chimp
Jul 2, 2012
Denmark
Axis : yes i am int. in selling or swapping for longer 24" frame, i've send you a PM

pnj : i know, sunday or s&m are my options ? Liquids are hard to get in europe (well all aftermarket 24" frames are)

Last edited:

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
Axis : yes i am int. in selling or swapping for longer 24" frame, i've send you a PM

pnj : i know, sunday or s&m are my options ? Liquids are hard to get in europe (well all aftermarket 24" frames are)

another option is InDust from Texas. we have the 22" 2Ton and the 24" Cuatro. we are in the second round of prototypes right now. the 22" has a 21.75"tt and the 24" has 22.25" or 22.5"tt. (contact me if interested). and yes, we could ship to europe (although i'd have to find out how much that would be). :

http://www.plussizebmx.com/blog/2011/11/7/bike-check-indust-2-ton-22.html

http://cruiserrevolution.com/2011/11/21/new-indust-cuatro-24-looks-interesting/

http://cruiserrevolution.com/2012/03/09/updated-indust-cuatro-spy-photos/

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Holmes frames are being welded now! rims/tires are in stock!
start saving your coins.

:)

Jan 4, 2012
Just got a message from S&M regarding the 22" Holmes. Frame and forks available in black and chrome, with a 21.5" TT length. Sale date is projected as August 20th. Wheel-sets will be available in black, only. Tires are made from the same (Innova) mold as the original Faction dirt tires from the Zeitgeist. My friend's shop has a major pre-order in for the wheels, tires, and tubes. Looking at 6-8 frame-sets, as well (once they are in The Building Distribution's database for pre-order)!

iksmudge

Monkey
Nov 4, 2008
Damn it, as I get older I keep forgetting things.
What is the BB on the faction Zeitgeist?
I'm sure it is a Spanish BB.
I need to know because I want a new crank!

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
The stock crank spindle is a 20mm spindle with a BB to fit that.
I want to fit a new 19mm spline drive crank so will need to replace the BB as well.
I don't recall for sure, I'll have to look later when I get home, but I think the stock cranks do have a 19mm spindle. I've never heard of a 20mm spindle on a bmx bike. The other option is typically 22mm.

iksmudge

Monkey
Nov 4, 2008
I don't recall for sure, I'll have to look later when I get home, but I think the stock cranks do have a 19mm spindle. I've never heard of a 20mm spindle on a bmx bike. The other option is typically 22mm.
I know. Weird huh?
I bought a Premium spindle drive set of cranks assuming they would slot right in.
When I took out the factory fitted cranks the spindle of the premium cranks were really loose. So I measured the spindle on the stock cranks and it was 20mm. They have a quite old 8 spline spindle so I was very surprised.
Just measured the BB width and it's 37mm so that makes it a Spanish BB.
Must say, the weight difference is huge between the factory fitted cranks and today's new ones.
Thanks for your help guys.