Quantcast

22 target pistol

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
I've got a Mark III 22/45 and it gets way more range time than any of my other pistols. My buddy has a comp model that looks very slick - been thinking about picking one of those up someday.

Only thing that's "tough" is field stripping it - not very straightforward but just take your time and follow the steps right to avoid all of the horror stories you hear out there. I've never had a problem with it. It's chewed up all the bulk Walmart ammo I throw at it, maybe a handful of FTF out of 10k rounds or so, but I chalk that up to more of a 22 ammo problem.

Last edited:

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
One thing - I stuck a hi-viz front sight on mine (I only run iron sights on pistols). The black on black posts against a black target were hard on my eyes, made a world of difference. I guess that would be the same against any pistol though.

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
I've put over a thousand rounds through my buddy's mkIV. It's a great gun and I can't recall any ftf or other problems. The only thing that bothered me with that gun is that the mags effing hurt to load after a while. Great plinking gun though. I'll probably end up picking one up too in the next couple months or so.

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
I usually end up using a spent piece of brass to push it down after the first few..:rolleyes: We've always talked about making a speed loader type thing by taking a piece of scrap wood and routing out the middle just big enough to slide the mag through to push the spring down but we never actually did it. I'll figure something out when I get mine.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Well went down to put teh cash down for the mark four..... ended up coming home with a hi end air rifle instead. Not sure what got me about it, maybe its the 1400 FPS Muzzle velocity, maybe its the fact its deadly silent, maybe its the fact its rated for 100 yard shots, I dont know..... Its A Gammo silent cat elite break barrel design.... Seriously this thing actually shoots very well.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I shoot my Mk4 all the time. It is who I give to new shooters when they want to go out in the desert to shoot. I can shoot most of the day for $6, which is nice.