Quantcast

222 Weekend day 222

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Shin Godzilla is the best modern Godzilla movie. It has the feel of the early movies with updated effects and a more complex plot. The bureaucracy subplot is an interesting counterpoint to the Godzilla destruction scenes. Watching Godzilla morph from a goofy kaiju to an enormous city-leveler is hair raising. It's in Japanese, so subtitles. Watch for the mirrored eyes.

PM me for link

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Doing things the first time is interesting. Got these cool push button latches for the truck. Totally hosed the first drawer. Hole was 1/16" too high. :rofl:

The second one turned out great. I will spend today correcting the first one.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Sitting on the front porch, drinking my coffee. Some dude goes by, heading up hill on a skateboard, and he's moving. Apparently electric skateboards are a thing? Sort of want.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Playground stripping is... 2/3 done, but the part that doesn't want to come off is left. Debating whether to try and stain over that part, but it's solid color, so not sure if I can. @dan-o - any feedback here?

Pulling down the fireplace surround today and hoping to be able to run a smurf tube and start rewiring the A/V in the family room. Also planning to mount the 70" TV in the basement.

Broached the idea of replacing the baseboards with something more inline with Wifey's (mine a bit too) style. It's more work, but allows for a much faster painting process if I can ignore the existing baseboards when painting, in addition to the ceiling.

Neighbor and I are putting together plans for what all we can do (most) and then the basement renovation at this house. His will be a frame-up build-out, so that will be a much "easier" build in that we won't have to work around existing drywall when running wire. It's going to be a busy summer.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Sitting on the front porch, drinking my coffee. Some dude goes by, heading up hill on a skateboard, and he's moving. Apparently electric skateboards are a thing? Sort of want.
You know who has those around here? Kids. Lazy fuckers don't know how hard skateboarding used to be. :rant:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HEY-OH!!! I just pounded some oatmeal...the awesomely shitty stuff that comes in packets. YUMMEH! I ran 16 miles early this morning, which gives me 75 miles of running for the week. That feels like a lot. Not too much that I can't ride a bicycle later!! Gotta go...a fresh pot of coffee just finished brewing.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Here. Playground stripping is... 2/3 done, but the part that doesn't want to come off is left. Debating whether to try and stain over that part, but it's solid color, so not sure if I can. @dan-o - any feedback here?

Pulling down the fireplace surround today and hoping to be able to run a smurf tube and start rewiring the A/V in the family room. Also planning to mount the 70" TV in the basement.

Broached the idea of replacing the baseboards with something more inline with Wifey's (mine a bit too) style. It's more work, but allows for a much faster painting process if I can ignore the existing baseboards when painting, in addition to the ceiling.

Neighbor and I are putting together plans for what all we can do (most) and then the basement renovation at this house. His will be a frame-up build-out, so that will be a much "easier" build in that we won't have to work around existing drywall when running wire. It's going to be a busy summer.
You’re good to go.
Might need to do a little blending between bare/existing stain areas.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Reddit gets super mad when you say FWD cars aren't sports cars. Well, I don't say it like that. I say something like "FWD cars are for trading your SNAP for oxys."

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Going to try to launch the rocket today. Been stymied by wind and the like thus far.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Deck coffee morning #2. Cool and breezy.
How are the cancer crops coming in?

Got a couple calls back from the police regarding the theft report. Things are looking hopeful, they're going to send a mugshot panel to hopefully ID the asshole.

All cleaned up from the storm, minimal damage overall to my relief. Got power back yesterday after about 16hrs. Currently 5 Verizon trucks running new lines now.
IMG_20200517_114416666.jpg

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
expedia changing another flight....this time for the better....
Where/why are you flying?

Rocket launching was a success. 3 motors used, 5 year old pushing the button on two and the 7 year old on the other. I think the motors were A8-3, and the rocket probably reached a height of 300 feet, I'd estimate, followed by successful chute deployment each time. Enough to entertain the kids.

Then a security guard at the Dicks Sporting Goods Park rolled up to the parking lot where we were and gave me a scolding, but we were already done at that point.

:D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Rocket launching was a success. 3 motors used, 5 year old pushing the button on two and the 7 year old on the other. I think the motors were A8-3, and the rocket probably reached a height of 300 feet, I'd estimate, followed by successful chute deployment each time. Enough to entertain the kids.

Then a security guard at the Dicks Sporting Goods Park rolled up to the parking lot where we were and gave me a scolding, but we were already done at that point.

:D
I did a science fair project using model rockets once.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Shin Godzilla is the best modern Godzilla movie. It has the feel of the early movies with updated effects and a more complex plot. The bureaucracy subplot is an interesting counterpoint to the Godzilla destruction scenes. Watching Godzilla morph from a goofy kaiju to an enormous city-leveler is hair raising. It's in Japanese, so subtitles. Watch for the mirrored eyes.

PM me for link
I watched godzilla king of the monsters the other day and was entertained

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Le tired. Rode early with a buddy in Millerica, that trip always beats me up. 12 miles in relentless chunk. Now waiting for pizza in the oven.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
ene of june beginning of july.....fly into vegas....pick up van....two weeks of.....who knows...

End of sept/beginning of october....fly to denver...pick up van....one week of.....who knows...

reasons.....mental sanity....

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
ene of june beginning of july.....fly into vegas....pick up van....two weeks of.....who knows...

End of sept/beginning of october....fly to denver...pick up van....one week of.....who knows...

reasons.....mental sanity....
That's how I've been spending my vacations for the past 17 years. Only I can't really do more than 10-12 days per trip.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Sitting in interview room at the police station awaiting photo line up. Officer helping me got into a fight with the resident crazy in lobby while waiting. Told to sit tight as said officer has to follow crazy to the hospital.

Interesting couple days I've had.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Sitting in interview room at the police station awaiting photo line up. Officer helping me got into a fight with the resident crazy in lobby while waiting. Told to sit tight as said officer has to follow crazy to the hospital.

Interesting couple days I've had.
Story time, Uncle CrabJoe

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Watched guy steal shit out of my Jeep while returning to it in the lot. Got vehicle model, plates and description of him. Filed report Fri when it happened.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Watched guy steal shit out of my Jeep while returning to it in the lot. Got vehicle model, plates and description of him. Filed report Fri when it happened.
Ah, that incident. I thought some new public lewdness charge or some other entertainment.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Prepping for apparent epic rain storm tonight.

The wasps are back on our front door. Ugh.

Super short ride today. Went to local spot that has small rolling hills, but I just felt dead. Going home to setup our new hose reel, wash some bikes and have some beer.

Burgers with mixed in pork belly for dinner on brioche buns. :drool:

::edit:: also, the forest was filled to the brim with kids. Damn, those little people are harder to dodge than suicidal chipmunks. One little guy yelled at his dad when I passed "daddy lookout a human!!" Lol'd

Last edited: