Quantcast

222 Weekend day 222

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The cookie bars I made last night came out great.

I would like to subscribe to your cookie bars.

Wife and I did 43miles, 5100ft vert, topping out at about 8650ft on the road bicycles today.

I keep lol'ing at my new Garmin, after yesterday's MTB ride it said I needed 43 hours of recovery. After todays ride it said I need four days :D

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Holy shit LA yesterday Fire downtown at a smoke shop plant. Fire fighters made access by cutting the front door and a team was on the roof. Butane explosion 11 firefighters burned. Helmets melted, faceplates melted turnouts burned. 11 firefighters burned, 4 in the burn ward at USC Medical center, 2 on Ventilators

this is the video

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Made pork fried rice and didn't have any garlic. So I hit it with some chili garlic sauce with the soy sauce. HOLY SHIT. It was like having an angry angel spit in your mouth. So good.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Demo'd the fireplace surround and stained over half of the playground today. I need to do the top and inside of the fortress area once I get back from CA next weekend.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Holy shit LA yesterday Fire downtown at a smoke shop plant. Fire fighters made access by cutting the front door and a team was on the roof. Butane explosion 11 firefighters burned. Helmets melted, faceplates melted turnouts burned. 11 firefighters burned, 4 in the burn ward at USC Medical center, 2 on Ventilators

this is the video

Yeah saw that, scary stuff. Read that there was a high pitched sound and some rumbling right before the Butane explosion. Back in school the instructors used to talk about Acetylene tanks going off and hearing the dreaded "whistle". Unfortunately it appears that some of those dudes heard it. Yikes.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
Yeah saw that, scary stuff. Read that there was a high pitched sound and some rumbling right before the Butane explosion. Back in school the instructors used to talk about Acetylene tanks going off and hearing the dreaded "whistle". Unfortunately it appears that some of those dudes heard it. Yikes.
Last year a neighbors house went up. He is a welder his stash of tanks detonated. My house shook.
24955642_1937559882927679_1036739382540698666_o.jpg
25073151_1937560022927665_1688976531570204383_o.jpg

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Leatherman, bit kit, powertac flashlight, SOG emergency tool, weatherproof pen, 2 molle holsters. All told was $300 worth of stuff.... enough to be pissed.
Booooo. Having had someone both a) steal shit from within my car and b) steal stuff off of my car, the feeling of violation is almost worse than the stuff being taken in the first place.

I have always wondered if people with topless, doorless jeeps just kept nothing of value in there, or rely on people being honest.

If you need new molle, Grey Man Tactical makes some sweet panels that strap onto the back of your seat. Ive got a pair and they hold gobs of stuff.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

this is the video

@TN

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Booooo. Having had someone both a) steal shit from within my car and b) steal stuff off of my car, the feeling of violation is almost worse than the stuff being taken in the first place.

I have always wondered if people with topless, doorless jeeps just kept nothing of value in there, or rely on people being honest.

If you need new molle, Grey Man Tactical makes some sweet panels that strap onto the back of your seat. Ive got a pair and they hold gobs of stuff.

Just more the fact I watched it happen, he watched me watching him, and it still happened is the most annoying. I don't know that I could have expected any other outcome, I just wish I came either 20 seconds later or 20 seconds earlier. That way I could either be completely clueless who/when it happened, or I could have stopped him mid-act and kept my shit. Timing was a combination of convenient but frustrating as my shit is still gone.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just more the fact I watched it happen, he watched me watching him, and it still happened is the most annoying. I don't know that I could have expected any other outcome, I just wish I came either 20 seconds later or 20 seconds earlier. That way I could either be completely clueless who/when it happened, or I could have stopped him mid-act and kept my shit. Timing was a combination of convenient but frustrating as my shit is still gone.
You missed a great opportunity to display you dominance with a crab scuttle

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
How did he manage to do that ?

And did he live ?
they figure that he only shut the valves at the end of the hoses and not at the tank and it leaked. Fumes reached the water heater pilot BOOM then the fire lit of the six or seven other large tanks plus the 20 pound propane tanks stored there. He and his wife were in bed on the other side of the house and were un injured

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
they figure that he only shut the valves at the end of the hoses and not at the tank and it leaked. Fumes reached the water heater pilot BOOM then the fire lit of the six or seven other large tanks plus the 20 pound propane tanks stored there. He and his wife were in bed on the other side of the house and were un injured
Wow.

Use check valves or flash back arrestors at the regulator and always, always bleed your lines when done for the day.