Quantcast

'23 US Open

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Any ver-monkeys out there watching?

Young US rippers looking killer with the younger Ostgaard sister P1 in womens and good ol' Asa P2 in men. Hope they do well today, both fields with some big time names.

p5pb25601993.jpg

p5pb25601992.jpg

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
Been here since Thursday. Hit the mountain Friday and Saturday and did a trail ride today. Had plans to watch the race but it was packed today so decided to head out. Good show at the whip off last night. Goldstone is not human. Caught a very little of dh qualifying yesterday. Didn’t see any of the enduro. It was a pain in the ass with trail closings because of the enduro until early afternoon yesterday. Lines were insane too. Pros were on course when we headed out.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Been here since Thursday. Hit the mountain Friday and Saturday and did a trail ride today. Had plans to watch the race but it was packed today so decided to head out. Good show at the whip off last night. Goldstone is not human. Caught a very little of dh qualifying yesterday. Didn’t see any of the enduro. It was a pain in the ass with trail closings because of the enduro until early afternoon yesterday. Lines were insane too. Pros were on course when we headed out.
at snowshoe the entire mountain is shut down when they have races; only the backcountry is open...

vivisectxi

Monkey
Jan 14, 2021
yeast van
a quarter century age gap between 2nd & 3rd places. nice.

cool to see dak take the W. hope the momentum spills over to the next race; home soil wc wins are rad. (MSA is reserved for jackson or finn, svp).

Last edited:

shelteringsky

Monkey
May 21, 2010
Rides a bike fast down hills and legally became a citizen in principality with low taxes, so gets to pay the taxes in line with principality regulations
FTFY.

I guess you aren’t one of the 800 million people in the world living in hunger. we got lucky. You feeling guilty?

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
I'm surprised that Richie Rude didn't give this a go, since the EDR season is over and he's from the Northeast.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
FTFY.

I guess you aren’t one of the 800 million people in the world living in hunger. we got lucky. You feeling guilty?
White knighting for a bike rider is a weird costume to wear, but maybe it looks good on you?

Also, "Some people live with food insecurity therefore no one's actions can ever be criticized" is less of a logical fallacy and more like taking a nuclear bomb of stupid to a reasoned argument.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It probably does. He has that DH bike and said at the beginning of the season he was going to do a few races.

He's only entered one so far, right?

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
I know that Butch has gone full MAGA recently, but what's happening here? Did a trans athlete win the comp? I can't find much info
But will he be able to shoehorn in a story about racing NORBA Nationals and an inside joke about Todd Tanner or Tattoo Lou?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I hope so as well, this is home turf for him (sort of).

Pumped my buddy Kyle got 47th in the open class, he's a beast...I'd hate to be his wheels.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Butch has been harrasing trans people and their allies pretty consistently the last few months across platforms… Threatening all sorts of crazy bodily harm to to a couple allies who are friends of mine via instagram dm’s and stuff, etc. and generally being the kind of dh douche that has made downhillers look bad since the inception of the sport.
Luckily nobody actually wants to hang out with him in person anymore, but i sure feel bad for the women in his life.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
he's a proponent of mooching...rolled up to us (who live 2 hours away and came prepared) when we were having beers at the end of the day at rock creek this spring and bummed a beer off of us (he lives maybe 30 mins away, i think) - just go home and get a beer, buddy!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Butch has been harrasing trans people and their allies pretty consistently the last few months across platforms… Threatening all sorts of crazy bodily harm to to a couple allies who are friends of mine via instagram dm’s and stuff, etc. and generally being the kind of dh douche that has made downhillers look bad since the inception of the sport.
Luckily nobody actually wants to hang out with him in person anymore, but i sure feel bad for the women in his life.
WULL AT LEAST THUR BIOLOGICUL WOMEN

[obvious sarcasm is hopefully obvious]

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
oh hey happy birthday dude

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Where did his kids place in the whip off?

Also maybe I'm out of touch or not in the loop, but why are there separate categories for a whip off comp?

When it first started at Whistler, and maybe is still happening to this day, didn't they all just ride together? Thats how young whipper snapper Finn won it once, no? I mean its a freakin whip off comp which should be about having fun with buddies, not about crushing the dreams of other riders?

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
he's a proponent of mooching...rolled up to us (who live 2 hours away and came prepared) when we were having beers at the end of the day at rock creek this spring and bummed a beer off of us (he lives maybe 30 mins away, i think) - just go home and get a beer, buddy!
you should have pissed in an empty can and given him that

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
The US open was a great event this year. Great weather and riding. Shame that Killington doesn't go all in and try to build a Whistler East. There is so much terrain to play with.

I don't care what anyone says but YT bikes rules. Who doesn't like free beer tickets?

Lift lines were a bit crazy Saturday due to the Enduro. I thought pedaling and liaisons were part of that sport?

Hopefully they do it again next year. Awesome vibes all around!