Quantcast

24/12 Hours of Pats Peak

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:
Squirrel & I were talking about finding a local race that we could do as a 2 person co-ed team this year :think:

aww....how romantic :heart:

there was only 2 entries for 12 hour 2 person coed last year

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
"COURSE IS AVAILABLE FOR RIDING UNTIL AS LONG AS SNOW IS NOT AROUND. We encourage participants and eveyone alike to ride the course (beating the course down will make for a better race day)."

ROAD TRIP!

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
I raced this last year in a 5 person coed team. The course is short only about 4.5 to 5 miles. It is pretty much climb to the top by crossing the mountain a couple of times and then downhill through the woods. The team that did the most laps were 4 young kids.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
mogulskr said:
I raced this last year in a 5 person coed team. The course is short only about 4.5 to 5 miles. It is pretty much climb to the top by crossing the mountain a couple of times and then downhill through the woods. The team that did the most laps were 4 young kids.
But was it fun?

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
Yeah, it was our first 24 and were pretty much there just to have fun. As you can see from the results there are not alot of teams so when your riding you don't see many people. I did a night lap without seeing one person from start to finish. After midnight all of the 12 solos are gone so that eliminated quite a few riders on the course.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
"COURSE IS AVAILABLE FOR RIDING UNTIL AS LONG AS SNOW IS NOT AROUND. We encourage participants and eveyone alike to ride the course (beating the course down will make for a better race day)."

ROAD TRIP!

wtf?

:confused:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
so the course is up now even though the race is 6 months away AND "THE PEAK" is 100% OPEN (for Skiing) with 3-6 inches of new snow!! but you cant ride it cause theres snow=WTF!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
douglas said:
so the course is up now even though the race is 6 months away AND "THE PEAK" is 100% OPEN (for Skiing) with 3-6 inches of new snow!! but you cant ride it cause theres snow=WTF!
No, I think they are saying once ski season ends and the ground is ready for bikes, anybody can come ride the course. :)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I'm interested in this event - not sure about doing it solo for 12 hours because I don't know who I'd have available as a support person.

Anyone want to do some type of team thing?

justbill

Stunt Humper
Mar 29, 2004
barefoot in the kitchen...
Are the 12 hour folks planning on arriving Saturday and sleeping over or doing the whole weekend deal.
I think one support person could deal with 5+ solo riders on a 1 night stay out of the back of his truck.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
justbill said:
Are the 12 hour folks planning on arriving Saturday and sleeping over or doing the whole weekend deal.
I think one support person could deal with 5+ solo riders on a 1 night stay out of the back of his truck.
I'll definitely be camping, it's too far for a day trip for me.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Bill, that would be awesome if you could do support!!!

I have a realative that lives an hour north....more than likely I would still camp at the race.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
justbill said:
IF I do this race, I will most likely crash at a hotel the night before. After not sleeping at Dalton, I don't want that to happen again, especially if I am riding solo for 12 hours.

You being the support guy would kick serious booty. :)

justbill

Stunt Humper
Mar 29, 2004
barefoot in the kitchen...
I figure tenting is fine for a one night stay. I could set the familly up in the trailer over at Keyser Pond for the weekend then grab just what i need for Saturday and sleep over at the race site.
High carb, easy to digest snacks during the race and a midnight feast.
12 hours to cook? Whatever shall i make?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
justbill said:
I figure tenting is fine for a one night stay. I could set the familly up in the trailer over at Keyser Pond for the weekend then grab just what i need for Saturday and sleep over at the race site.
High carb, easy to digest snacks during the race and a midnight feast.
12 hours to cook? Whatever shall i make?
:think: How about a 2 person team...would they be able to sign-up for your support?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I was hoping that you might want to partner up as a two man team for the 12 hours bill......not sure if I'll be up for doing 12 hours solo - consider it.

Or whoever else is thinking about this - anyone interested in making up a 2 person team?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
I will consider it! Keep in mind I have not decided if I am even doing this race yet, so don't go getting your hopes up.
I'm not sure if my schedule with the boys will allow me to do this one either but if I do, I'd like to be a teammate with someone.
:cool: