Quantcast

24" Alienation Rims In Stock

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Ya after a closer look the PBR isn't there either.... Replacing my rear bfr with the runaway and when the deviant comes in I am going to replace my front brf too. Man my bfr need to be replaced. I'll drop almost a pound too.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
thats what we are hoping for. no one knows of ANYONE who has ridden a set, no pics or vid or anything anywhere of protos's so its a crap shoot that a lot of us are banking on. they look nasty on paper

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
thats what we are hoping for. no one knows of ANYONE who has ridden a set, no pics or vid or anything anywhere of protos's so its a crap shoot that a lot of us are banking on. they look nasty on paper
I should have the runaways by next friday and will build them up with a full report. By then my new molly build should be done... so a full report will follow.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
QBP claims they are 465 grams so if that is true for what they are ya they are light with a welded seam and similar to the BFR which is about 200 grams heavier. The spoke holes are offset which should make them very stiff laterally. Oh that and I have upgrade fever based upon some ebay auctions that went well.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
I just picked mine up today! Went through WTB distro. instead of qbp.
Still can't believe how long I waited for these rims.
Apparantly qpb only has 20 total too, so you best get yo' hands on some goods befo' they up and disappear!
Very clean looking rims. Pac-man sticker is kinda cool, but I'll strip it anyway probably. I've yet to get my spokes and nips yet though, but I should have'em laced to the Marmoset by next week hopefully.

Lacing similar to the G-sport Ribcage, with the "center-cross" lacing design that crosses from side to side as well, creating wider triangulation...
honestly, I'm not sure how to guage what length spokes...

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Ugh oh what does this mean?

I was hoping to do the standard 3 cross and reuse everything but the nipples since my BFRs have a 492 erd I was expecting everything would line up.

Thoughts?

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
i just ordered my red ones through wtb distribution about 10 minutes ago. i got dual red 36 holes, but they are gonna try and hunt me down a 32 hole for the front (i really gotta figure out this whole front hub dilemma asap)

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
i just ordered my red ones through wtb distribution about 10 minutes ago. i got dual red 36 holes, but they are gonna try and hunt me down a 32 hole for the front (i really gotta figure out this whole front hub dilemma asap)
Glad the wtb worked out for ya'. Just curious, did you have to order through your LBS? They nixed me the first couple of times I tried to order personally, haha...

Here's phone # and part # just incase anyone wants to try there instead of qbp like Dex and I did:
phone: 800 975-2453
Part # (black cnc): A120-0236

I haven't seen or heard anything on the 32h version yet, but then again, I didn't ask... Gotta be out there though I'm sure.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
no dice yet on the 32's. next shipment i guess. im swapping to shaved qr lowers on my 4x and now gotta find a slick new bmx front hub for the set up. i called and talked to the lady, then had my shop call and order. worked out perfectly, and they are not priced to badly at ep/cost/homie discount

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
ah crap...im just gonna get a rlxl for the front and possibly replace my rear rlxl with the runaway since its 36h.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
OK got mine today and just finished the front wheel.

BFR weighed 725 grams.

Runaway weighed 500 grams, the other was 498 grams!

I reused spokes and even the nipples swapping out from a BFR. SO if you are running BFRs the ERD is xactly the same. You can just swap the rims no problem.

I'll do the rear wheel tomorrow night and then ride Friday and this weekend and post up a review.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Well I have about 30 hours in on the front and about 10 hours on the rear.

I am an average rider, I mostly jump, pump track, hop, wall ride in parks etc... I just started learning disasters and the rear wheel has yet to be trued or retensioned. In fact it seems to be more true since taking side loads. FYI - I purposely left the rear wheel slightly under tensioned so I could ride it hard and still be able to tighten the nipples without stripping. Haven't had to do that yet. Oh I built them up 4 cross.

The front took a pretty hard off camber nose case without flexing or coming out of true. I am sure with a lesser rim I would have wrecked

These rims are solid. I am very pleased with them.

I dropped a little more than 300 grams just switching rims. Ya not as much as I thought because when I weighed the BFRs I mistakenly left the rim strips on (the heavy adheasive kind) I thought they weighed a little more than 700 grams. Nope mine are 648 grams.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
i am waiting on spokes for mine and then ill have some pics and wheel weights (my rear should be stupid stupid light if i can find the right spokes)