Quantcast

24" bmx fork suggestions

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
sigh. i need a new fork for the general lee. anyone have any suggestions?

24" rigid bmx, of course.

FWIW, I overshot the bujeezus out of the first double in our four pack (that leads into our 10 pack) and as a result had to boost the hell out of the second to avoid casing it. boosting, in turn, led to a squirrely landing that led to fun with trees. slammed the left fork drop out hard into a 10" sappling...freak accident trying out a tricky transfer line.

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
The S&M PF will serve you well, there are some more options but most are race forks although those are common for the 20" riders to use these days.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
FYI:

my pitch ferk arrived today and before I even opened the box i knew shit was bad. on the outside of the box there were two check boxes. one for 14 mm and one for 3/8". of course I run 14 mm and the 3/8 box was checked. grrrr.

i called S&M and asked them if I could swap my 3/8 fork fer a 14 mm unit. no dice. in fact, they dont even make a 14 mm cruiser fork.

a call to the local machinist solved...seems to have solved the problem. however, I've yet to get the bill...

mullethead!

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Mr Tiles said:
you could always run a milled axel, 14mm diameter ground on the ends to 3/8. Alot of people do that...
hmm. hadnt thought of that. i still think opening up the dropout will be a little cleaner. i also asked S&M if it was cool to do this and they seemed to have no problem with it...

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I don't know a whole lot about it. I had a front wheel with a milled axle to run on a 3/8" fork and it was plenty burly enough...that was back in the day though.