Quantcast

24" Comparison

spec-rider88

Monkey
Oct 22, 2006
St.Leonard, MD
Seems to be a lot of talk of the 24" market these days, so it has sparked my interest. I've been thinking about building one up for some time now, but I've recently been more interested. There are three different set ups that I've been thinking about, but I'm not exactly sure what to go with. I've heard A LOT of great things about Sunday's Model C so far, but not so much about the other two, the KHE Pygmy Pro or the NS Capitol. These are the three I'm looking at because my shop has access to those models.

KHE Pygmy Pro: Offered as a complete build, but definitely an extremely light one. Can't find many specifics on the frame, but it looks like a tight geo.

NS Capitol: Chainstays are pretty short, but it is more of an MTBMX. I want to run it rigid, so I don't know how well a rigid fork will fit/feel on this (don't want a massive crown/tire gap). Also, this frame is the most expensive.

Sunday Model C: Seems to be one of the more popular 24's as of late, but the CS length looks a little long to me. Everyone that rides one doesn't seem to complain about it though. I hear awesome reviews of how these ride, but I don't know if I'll ever get to test one out.

What do you guys think?

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
The bmx cruisers are going to be a lot steeper and less forgiving.
The sunday has a really high BB
The Capital has a pretty short TT

You need to ride both styles of bikes first, if possible. They ride pretty differently.
Once you decide which style you want, then dial in your choice depending on the geometry you think will be best for you.