Quantcast

24" compatible DJ cromoly SS frame?

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
Hi there,

I am confused with all the bikes out there.

I am looking to built a little HT with all the parts laying in my garage:

That means

24" wheels, 80mm DJ1. I want to run it single speed (the hub is a 135mm though)

Anyone can recommend a cromoly hardtail that's not too expensive to go with that?

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
That looks pretty good. Probably just the kind I am looking for. Their website doesn't say much though. Any details on the geometry, tubing, price...

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
erm nemesis, revell, dmr, identiti, specialized, mutant, atomlab, eastern has completes for cheep and there nice too. other than that, look at 24x110 or multi use wheel frame

D.E.T.

Chimp
Jan 21, 2004
NC
I recently picked up a Revell 250r also, still waiting on parts so I haven't riden it either. Greasy Comb is no longer importing them, so I have no idea how you would get a hold of one.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
custom nemesis project deathmobile?? dont know if brad can do em up like that. or a nemesis projet street fighter (droooollllll) fits exctly what your talking about

kezajones

Chimp
May 19, 2007
Revell 250r:
Weight: 5lb 14.5oz
Top Tube: 21.5”
Seat Tube: 12”
Chain stay: 15.5”+ 1.5” adjustment
Head Angle: 72°
Seat Angle: 71.5°
Colours: Orange, white, black, kawasaki green

theres a reivew on this page:
http://www.dirtmag.co.uk/tests/group-test-hardtails-2 -not sure what its on about at the end though becuase i thought it was only the revell 300s with an intergrated headset

Daman

Chimp
Nov 27, 2001
The 08 Dobermann Pinscher works great on 24's
You can set up the chainstay to 365mm short :rockout:

That one is on 26"...but you can see the room available in the dropout to snug a 24" all the way to the short sweet spot.

The deal for the US direct sell is 500$CAD(Canadien$) free custom color paint job, free shipping and we can stamp your name or whatever you want to be stamped on your dropout as a serial #.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
The 08 Dobermann Pinscher works great on 24's
You can set up the chainstay to 365mm short :rockout:

That one is on 26"...but you can see the room available in the dropout to snug a 24" all the way to the short sweet spot.

The deal for the US direct sell is 500$CAD free custom color paint job, free shipping and we can stamp your name or whatever you want to be stamped on your dropout as a serial #.
first 08 i have see, looks great!

i love mine mani i would recomend them for sure!

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Add Evil's DOC to the list.
I agree I rode one with 24's and SS for a couple years. Two things though I had a DJ1 lowered to 50mm and it still was a little slack for park and dj. The other is the stays felt about 12mm to long with the rear slammed in the dropouts. That is just personal preferance.
But you could probably get one used for 200 or 250 USD. Oh mine was used too and it took A LOT and I mean mondo abuse before I even got it.
Here it is...