Quantcast

24" Cruiser advice

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
I'm thinking about grabbing a 24" BMX cruiser to just mess around on and try to learn some skills (urban, dirt jumping, and general tom foolery) since I can't afford an urban hardtail and I don't want to go with a 20" since I have never felt comfortable on one.

I know Haro has that Backtrail X24, but are there any other options around that price range with possibly a longer top-tube, and or better components. I'm not looking for anything really fancy, just something that will do the job.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
DK general lee...i'm going to pick one up for the same riding. They are hella strong and cheap! Check em' out an danscomp.com

MaD666MaX

Monkey
Jul 24, 2004
Montreal
heres mine, pretty good bike, cheap and strong. I'd like to have the 24" 4130 frame from dk due to the vbrake! i hate those ****ty u brake>:(

MaD666MaX

Monkey
Jul 24, 2004
Montreal
really...damn...:( i saw one at the btac with a v brake, rigid and almost like mine but im not shure what model it was...

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
MaD666MaX said:
really...damn...:( i saw one at the btac with a v brake, rigid and almost like mine but im not shure what model it was...
Yeah they are all gone. Maybe some mail order place might have one left, or maybe a used one.
I'm kinda hooked up with DK right now so yep, no more 4130 24"s.
I have run a tall rigid fork on my UX24.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
MaD666MaX said:
how much is the full Ux24? and can you get the frame only?
A complete UX24 is $800. The UX26 is $1,000. They are sold complete only. The DK Urban/MTN-X Frame is also available, it is True Temper double butted chromoly with verticle drop outs.
I've been riding my bike for about a week and I'd have to say it's the best hard tail out there. I've ridden and owned many many bikes and the DK UX24 has every thing I need. I think a 26" will fit on the back too if I would like to switch the bike out.
check out www.DKbicycles.com then have a bike shop contact System Cycle.