Quantcast

24" Cruisers

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
Yes you can. Quite a few people here have done it. Here is a truly horrible picture of my cruiser when I had my k2 smartfork on it. Somehow all my good pics of this setup seem to have disappeared.:mumble:

The bike was fun set up like this. It was fun around town and I even rode a 8+ mile XC ride on it this way. I wanted to do the local poker run but didn't have a mountainbike at the time. O_O

You might not want to use the P-Street fork though...the important measurement is the distance between axle and crown not the amount of travel. I've heard (don't know for sure) that the P-Street has close to the same axle-to-crown measurement as a 5" fork. :hot:

Attachments

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Those K2 forks blow.

Look into the A-C measurement of a 3" Marzocchi MX Comp. It *should* be really short compared to other things.

Aug 2, 2004
So what should the A-C measurement be? What companies other than DK make a cromo 24" Cruiser? Anyone else have pics of these setups?

-I

ScarredShins

Chimp
Apr 19, 2006
IvanTheTerrible said:
So what should the A-C measurement be? What companies other than DK make a cromo 24" Cruiser? Anyone else have pics of these setups?

-I
Haro makes a 24" version of their Backtrail, and FreeAgent makes a cruiser sized dirt jumper, and there are some companies that produce chromoly race frames including FMF, Brew, Diamondback, and BADD. I think S&M bikes made a chromoly cruiser at one point in time but good luck trying to find one.

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
Bicyclist said:
Those K2 forks blow.
No one said it was good...I just said that's what I used.

I picked it up for ~$30 and have thrashed it and had almost no problems. I have ridden that fork so hard that the stupid battery part broke out. For a few months I took out the spring and just ran the fork zip tied at the bottom of it's travel because I had bent my rigid fork. The only breakage I've had after months of thrashing it with my 230lb self riding urban with it is on one xc ride the bolt that connects the cartridge to the lowers broke. And I was still able to ride the fork. I just didn't have any rebound dampening. :rofl:

That K2 has been a much better fork than the Z3 that I had.:nopity:

I wouldn't recommend it as a fork to seek out, but it works pretty good on a bmx cruiser as a cheap fork to thrash on. :love:

jjchgo

Chimp
Apr 11, 2006
i love my bontrager cruiser. i dont think they make them anymore though. i do see them on ebay from time to time.

cheers,

jj