Quantcast

24" dirt jumper

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
hmm. i think the Eastern Nighttrain 24" is one answer... but not sure if you can still get them.

www.bti-usa.com carries the DMR 24, and the Identiti 24 . . . but they both have rigid fork, and don't have disc brakes. GT Ruckus also doesn't have a disc in the rear. affordable though.

Dasquriel

Chimp
Jan 25, 2008
yea there like brand new and i just called and ask and they said"not exactly sure but should be around 30lbs" so this bike is lookin good right about now

oh also i want front suspension...

Dasquriel

Chimp
Jan 25, 2008
used fine as long as its single speed 24" atleast rear hydro breaks and front suspension for under a 1,000 cuz i just dropped 1,700$ into my bmx

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
VERY few choices for complete duece-quads on the market right now...

you're going to need some luck on that one without going custom build... But if you spent $1700 on a bmx bike, you probably know this.

Dasquriel

Chimp
Jan 25, 2008
Eastern grim reaper 21tt chrome
Eastern 720 spanish bb
Eastern 720 pro cranks
Redline pivotal seat
Redline pivotal seat post
odyessey v2 harazrd liter rear wheel
Odyesseey dual cable routing
Odyessey m2 lever
Odyessey evo 2 brakes
KHE folding dirt tire rear
Blue streak front knobby tire
Odyessey svelte bars
Odyessey freestyle fork
Povert peddlar pedals
shadlow interlock v2 chain
Eastern medusa lite sprocket
eastern integrated headset
Snafo mobius gyro

prolly forgettin something

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
Eastern grim reaper 21tt chrome
Eastern 720 spanish bb
Eastern 720 pro cranks
Redline pivotal seat
Redline pivotal seat post
odyessey v2 harazrd liter rear wheel
Odyesseey dual cable routing
Odyessey m2 lever
Odyessey evo 2 brakes
KHE folding dirt tire rear
Blue streak front knobby tire
Odyessey svelte bars
Odyessey freestyle fork
Povert peddlar pedals
shadlow interlock v2 chain
Eastern medusa lite sprocket
eastern integrated headset
Snafo mobius gyro

prolly forgettin something

1700??!?!?!? WHAT?
like you mean +/- a grand there?

ouch.

Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
I don't know how that could equal $1700, but I do know all of that Eastern **** alone should have kept the price lower. The 720's are dirt cheap. Plus Poverty pedals?!

Did you have a mechanic build the bike for you (God I hope not)? Did you get it hand delivered? I know a dude who put together a top-shelf Aitken frame with the tightest and lightest everything for under $1300.

I would go with the Nighttrain 24" to answer your original question. That thing is a grand even. I have seen them go for less on ebay. Wait for the '08s if you are going to go new though.

Dasquriel

Chimp
Jan 25, 2008
yea i know i hella skimped on the pedals and the cranks the cranks where only 80$

i got all my parts of dans i just rechecked it was 1,618$ oh i forgot my odyessey elematry v2 stem and my front vandero 2 wheel

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
$1700??

Wow. I just custom built a Riot from scratch and did not spend that much. If the cranks cost $80, where did the other ~ $1,540 go??

Here is my build:

08' Riot - 21.5" tt, horizontal drops
RockShox Argyle 318 - lowered to 80mm
Shadow Conspiracy Torrid cranks, 175mm
Profile euro bb cups
12t Mosh 1/8" cog
Tree splined 22t chainring
'We the people' integrated headset
Thomson stem, 50mm
Deity bar
Woodman Bill SS rear hub, 36h, laced to black EX721, DT spokes
Woodman Bill LTi front, 36h, laced to black EX721, silver DT spokes
Wellgo MG-1 Magnesium pedals
Thomson post, 27.2mm
Surely clamp
08' BB7 manual brake
Avid Speed Dial 7 lever
K-Rad tires
Shadow Conspiracy 1/8" 1/2-link chain
ODI lock-on BMX grips
Fly seat

Dasquriel

Chimp
Jan 25, 2008
WTF?? i dont get it i was just simply stating i just dropped a ton in my bmx so i dont have hella for a 24" dirt jumper so shut you mouth i dont need to impress anyone Im getting really tired of snobby mtbrs that think bmx bikes can only cost 400$ and are haros god so dumb

back on topic

nightrain 24 any other options

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
WTF?? i dont get it i was just simply stating i just dropped a ton in my bmx so i dont have hella for a 24" dirt jumper so shut you mouth i dont need to impress anyone Im getting really tired of snobby mtbrs that think bmx bikes can only cost 400$ and are haros god so dumb
No snobby MTB'R here. I know what a good BMX costs. I work at a shop, so i know the costs. I just can't match up the price to the parts you got is all I was saying. Honestly I don't care what you spent as long it is what you want and you are happy with it...

Dasquriel

Chimp
Jan 25, 2008
^that may be true no snobby mtb's if your not counting .Pit Steelers. anyway please i just want to get the best bike possible for the allotted money

also i can bunnyhop fairly easily onto a picnic table with my bmx how much harder will it be with 24"

Dasquriel

Chimp
Jan 25, 2008
lol bb5??? why? go hydro for 40$ more you can get rear juicy five with disk for 80$ i would go for general lee but nothing would suite me it has unsld cranks the abrs and stem would have to be changed for suspension fork and wheelset dosnt have disk mounts and single wall rims and no disk brake tab so id have to weld them on

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
I actually took off my Hydros to put on a BB7 manual rear and a Speed 7 lever. I like the feel of it better. Hydros are great, but a high end manual works better. X-ups and bar spins really kink up a hydro line - at least a Hayes line.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
lol bb5??? why? go hydro for 40$ more you can get rear juicy five with disk for 80$ i would go for general lee but nothing would suite me it has unsld cranks the abrs and stem would have to be changed for suspension fork and wheelset dosnt have disk mounts and single wall rims and no disk brake tab so id have to weld them on
At no point did I suggest that you buy the Lee. I was merely stating that bmx rim brakes are not quite adequate and that your requirement for disk brakes was a good idea. I conveyed this information in the form of a "joke." The actual brand of the brake is irrelevant in this context.

jellybeans

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
Scotts Mills, Oregon
a good v-brake doesn't have the ultimate stopping power of disks. but if you have it adjusted good I'd rather have it on my bike in everything other than very wet weather.
disc brakes just cost too much to maintain.[bent discs etc]

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
^that may be true no snobby mtb's if your not counting .Pit Steelers. anyway please i just want to get the best bike possible for the allotted money

also i can bunnyhop fairly easily onto a picnic table with my bmx how much harder will it be with 24"
Snobby? How so?, Im stating my oppion.

Dasquriel

Chimp
Jan 25, 2008
true about v's but they also dont work when its wet or ur wheels bent and dont take as much stress but defiantly are much much cheaper

roadwork

Chimp
Nov 19, 2009

back on topic

nightrain 24 any other options
I hope Dan used some vaseline before he reamed you!

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
I would stab a nun in the heart to get an Avid BB5 disk brake on the back of my Gen Lee 24.
Mech disk is the shizzle. I had my frame custom built so that I could run them. :thumb
(And get the rest of the geometry the way I like it)

TT - 22.5" (actual)
Chainstays - 14.58" with 25/10 and 38 links of chain (14.25 slammed)
2.5:1 gear ratio (25/10) - 60 gear inches with 24s.
Head angle 70 degrees
Integrated headtube, Spanish BB.
BB height @ 12" with 435mm DMR Trailblade II.
Built by Rancid Bikes in Oregon.

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
The other great thing about 135mm hub spacing is that you can get: great tire clearance, great chainline, great chainring clearance all with short chainstays. Thats tough to do with 110mm spacing.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
The other great thing about 135mm hub spacing is that you can get: great tire clearance, great chainline, great chainring clearance all with short chainstays. Thats tough to do with 110mm spacing.
Chainline was a little bit of an issue for me, since I have a driver in my hub.
It puts the rear sprocket out from the center a little too far. I don't like spacing my front chainring out any farther out than absolutely necessary for crank arm clearance, and to ensure full engagement of arms and spindle, so
I ended up moving some washers around on the hub to push the whole thing towards the non-drive side a little, and re-dished the wheel.
Not an issue at all with an SS converted cassette, but with SS hubs, it can be.