Quantcast

24" frames with disc mounts?

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
How many are there and who's got 'em? The only one I can really think of is Doberman, but I know theres a few other obvious ones that I can't think of right now.
And I really don't want to turn this into a disc vs rim brake war, mkay? Just want discs.

EDIT: And I'm only interested in 24" SPECIFIC frames!

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Evil DOC. SOme will say it isn't a 24" frame. IMHO it is. I had one for a few years. Tried every combo on the frame. It is a 24" frame.

Just my HO.

It is really nice but a little heavy and the HT is too slack unless you really lower your fork.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
What else?
And I think most dedicated 26" street/DJ frames are in the 15" to 16" range, so that DMR is actually pretty damn long in the rear, especially for being a 24" frame...? My Black Market is 15.62." RTW is making aluminum 26" frames with 15" chainstays.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Revell 250r

Wow, not a lot of info available, but the chainstays are 15.5"+ 1.5" of adjustment. Not sure if that means it has longer dropouts to accomodate 26s? I see the Doberman also allows 26s.
I'm looking for something that feels somewhat similar to my Riot, only smaller, lighter and tighter... Maybe Carter will make me a 24" version?
I THINK I want something with a 22" top tube, a 69-71 degree headangle, sub-15" chainstays, and a bb height in the low 12s...
And I really don't even know if that's what's best for me as I'm only going off what I've ridden so far. But this is for pure street. No dirt, very little park if any.
I'd like to talk to some custom builders... I've got some things in mind, like replaceable grind plates on the chainstays, integrated headset, LOW standover...

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
revell
brooklyn park

long shot: mutant bikes x-ray
http://mutantbikes.com/
specifications:
Available sizes toptube length: 550mm (22″)
Rear end spacing: 135mm MTB std.
Head Angle: 71.75º (with 80mm suspension)
Seat Angle: 72º
Chainstay length: 14.5″
Seatpost size: 25.4mm (BMX)
dropouts: 5mm thick, heat treated for 14mm axle, with disc brake mounts (included 10mm axle adapters)
brake: Removable v-brake mounts
Headset: integrated
Bottom Braket: SpanishBB
Frame Material: 100% Sanko Japanese Cromo double butted
Gyro tabs: removable

Colors: black and ocean blue (brow was just in the prototype)

weight: 5.77lbs
frame to 24″ wheels only

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Damn dude, the Xray's almost...perfect! I love the bmx sized seat tube and the 14mm dropouts(though I don't know who makes 14mm hubs), and I still don't understand why there's more than two bb types. There should just be a threaded and a press-in, done.

LOVE the blue...

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i'd say nemesis deathmobile, if you are looking at getting custom you likely don't have a tight budget, so you might as well just get a dm and be done with it. other than that, if you want custom you can talk to the dobermann guys, i'm pretty sure they'll hook you up. maybe talk to simple bikes as well.