Quantcast

24 HOA Owners bans rider for one year because of an mtbr.com thread????

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I was reading the Passion forum on mtbr.com tonight and there was a post about the owner of 24HOA Stuart whatshisname banning a top level 24 Hour racer from the "worlds" and an entire year of HOA racing because of some comments the guy made in a thread on mtbr.com.........wtf is up with that???

I find that really in poor taste and it seems the more I learn about this guy via that mtbr.com the more I find a dislike for him.

I personally felt that the Dalton event was sub-par in terms of the organization, staffing, etc. etc. If it weren't for the fact that so many friends and monkeys were there it woulda really sucked big time.

Makes me wonder if we shouldn't be looking for a new 24 Hour race run by some other promoter to converge upon in 2006.

Whattya think Monkeys??

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Stuart Dorland started out with his heart in the right place but he has completely lost touch with how to run 24 hour events.

And if I had to guess, I'd say the odds are that if Dalton has a 24 next year it won't be with Adrenalin, so he can go ahead and ban me :D

I wonder if Todd Sadow would be interested in working the Dalton race :think:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Echo said:
Stuart Dorland started out with his heart in the right place but he has completely lost touch with how to run 24 hour events.

And if I had to guess, I'd say the odds are that if Dalton has a 24 next year it won't be with Adrenalin, so he can go ahead and ban me :D

I wonder if Todd Sadow would be interested in working the Dalton race :think:
:stupid: Earl and I were talking about this not too long ago!!! I don't believe the Dalton folks were all that pleased with Stuart & co. this year either!

Mike E.

Chimp
Nov 3, 2001
Yes, 24HOA are definitely on the skids.
It was over a year or so ago that they went bankrupt, only to rename themselves and buy back their own equipment from the liquidators.
Once they dissolved a few of the venues up here in Canada (Hardwood Hills included) were not too thrilled to deal with them as their new entity. 24HOA threatened court action if they were denied access to "their contracted venues." Sigh...

I went to my first event up at Silverstar, and it was a great time. Really cool vibe.

I missed a year and went to the first year they set up at Whistler. Not such a "warm and fuzzy" feeling. Everything seemed to cheapen. The T-shirt they gave out was so thin that you could practically see through it. The worst part of the whole thing was feeling like a second class citizen because we weren't Solo riders. During the after-swag giveaway (which was rushed through by some obnoxious comic-wannabee), the guy says, "Sorry, there won't be any apres-race pasta this year because we have to run off to the Solo banquet." Well, wasn't that nice.

We returned again last year, and although we tried to put on brave "yeah, this is a great time" kind of faces, it just wasn't the same. Definitely not a grass-roots sort of atmosphere.

We're not going back this year due to schedules etc, but I'm thinking I'll have a hard time forking over the $$ to do so next year.

Too bad. They were definitely onto a good thing.

Cheers,

Mike E.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I dont think I will ever give Stuart (runs 24 hours of Adrenaline) any of my money ever again.

Here's what I know

1)He banned jeff kerkove (a top 24 hour solo racer) for saying a couple things in a forum (see below) worst being , 24 HOA is starting to get on everyones "you suck list"

http://jeffkerkove.blogspot.com/

2)He blaims all of the 24 hours of Adrenaline problems/issues on a law suit (he lost) fom 2 years ago - after which he bankrupted his company so he didnt have to pay for the law suit/lawyers

3)He cliams he gives refunds, but when Heather Mosley (a top 24 hour solo racer) tried to get a refund (or a transfer) from worlds, being she had mono he told her "stop bothering me"
http://www.hmosley.blogspot.com/

4)He fired 6 or so of his employees the night before the Dalton,MA 24 HOA race because they didnt go to bed when he told them to. This, IMO created a safety issue for the racers. Two people I knew had to stop during their race lap to help fellow riders that fell, for over an hour each time waiting for help.

Just read this thread, and decide for your self

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=121068

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Monkeys should converge on the Burn 24 in Wilkesboro NC. Frickin' awesome course, well ran and enough free energy drinks to have your heart explode ten times over.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I've never been involved in any 24hr races but thanks for the great/informative post.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I like Westy's idea of the Burn 24. It's about time you New England monkeys had to drive a little to a monkey gathering :devil:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I just looked and for the Granny Gear races - the 5 person teams have to have one woman. That works for some of the teams but it doesn't work well for our team. You can have a team of 5 women, but you can't have a team of 5 men...hmmmm.....:think:

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Echo said:
Oh and Old Pueblo is the next place the RM cup will be awarded.
T-Dog and I have been discussing when to start the smack talk. You could save yourself the trouble and just surrender and ship it out to us.

On second thought, the West Coast Spankers are in bad shape right now. We may need to rename the team to "Half Ton".

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
ghostrider said:
T-Dog and I have been discussing when to start the smack talk. You could save yourself the trouble and just surrender and ship it out to us.

On second thought, the West Coast Spankers are in bad shape right now. We may need to rename the team to "Half Ton".
You fatasses better get on the ball. I'm hoping to field a 4 man team of Westy, greasey monkey, douglas, and me. Just to make it fair, I'm going to quit riding and drink a 6 pack of beer every day until the race.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
MMcG said:
I just looked and for the Granny Gear races - the 5 person teams have to have one woman. That works for some of the teams but it doesn't work well for our team. You can have a team of 5 women, but you can't have a team of 5 men...hmmmm.....:think:
Might be tough for them too as I think I'll be on a 2 person team or soloing next year :dancing:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:
You fatasses better get on the ball. I'm hoping to field a 4 man team of Westy, greasey monkey, douglas, and me. Just to make it fair, I'm going to quit riding and drink a 6 pack of beer every day until the race.
We could all ride solo and still beat a team of those fat-cats. How is that for some smacktalk?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Echo said:
You fatasses better get on the ball. I'm hoping to field a 4 man team of Westy, greasey monkey, douglas, and me. .

ECHO must like the taste of drinking a beer on the podium :dancing:

MMcG said:

I'll could either go solo or be your support, one of you studs just needs to find a mudhunny to join up..........or race 4 person

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Westy said:
We could all ride solo and still beat a team of those fat-cats. How is that for some smacktalk?
Sounds like Game On. You can be sure that when we start our training in late January, it will be more intense than ever before. We might even ride our bikes.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i hope whoever takes over the dalton race will have lower entry fees. $500 per team is quite steep for a group of teenagers who either dont have a job or are making a little over minimum wage and are spending their whole paycheck to keep their bikes and cars running well.

NickTheBrit

Chimp
Feb 3, 2005
Guys - keep me posted... was underwhelmed by 24 hrs of adrenalin, but loved the cammeraderie. You monkeys rock! Certainly up for finding an alternative 24 hr...

oh and an aside... where does one get a ridemonkey jersey? Is it for 10,000 posts, or can I send in vouchers from cornflakes packets?

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
yeah keep me posted on the 24 hr race scene in or near new england. 24 hour races look like they are a blast but the 24hoa one was overpriced and didnt seem to be run as well as it should have.
NickTheBrit said:
oh and an aside... where does one get a ridemonkey jersey? Is it for 10,000 posts, or can I send in vouchers from cornflakes packets?
i too want a ridemonkey jersey. i hope they are still available somewhere.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
NickTheBrit said:
Guys - keep me posted... was underwhelmed by 24 hrs of adrenalin, but loved the cammeraderie. You monkeys rock! Certainly up for finding an alternative 24 hr...

A bunch of us placed a special order in the Spring...from the interest, I would guess there will be another order in the future!

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
ghostrider said:
Sounds like Game On. You can be sure that when we start our training in late January, it will be more intense than ever before. We might even ride our bikes.

.. i've been practicin .. well not really but i have been riding :) ... ITS game on! fo' shizzle

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
douglas said:
I dont think I will ever give Stuart (runs 24 hours of Adrenaline) any of my money ever again.

Here's what I know

1)He banned jeff kerkove (a top 24 hour solo racer) for saying a couple things in a forum (see below) worst being , 24 HOA is starting to get on everyones "you suck list"

http://jeffkerkove.blogspot.com/

2)He blaims all of the 24 hours of Adrenaline problems/issues on a law suit (he lost) fom 2 years ago - after which he bankrupted his company so he didnt have to pay for the law suit/lawyers

3)He cliams he gives refunds, but when Heather Mosley (a top 24 hour solo racer) tried to get a refund (or a transfer) from worlds, being she had mono he told her "stop bothering me"
http://www.hmosley.blogspot.com/

4)He fired 6 or so of his employees the night before the Dalton,MA 24 HOA race because they didnt go to bed when he told them to. This, IMO created a safety issue for the racers. Two people I knew had to stop during their race lap to help fellow riders that fell, for over an hour each time waiting for help.

Just read this thread, and decide for your self

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=121068
well i've been quiet because there 'might' be a chance for me to recoup a little of my entry fee but
my first email asked if i could have half of my entry back because I knew I wasn’t going early on(mid July race in sept)
answer - wait till November (not sure the significance of nov maybe end of physical year)
reply - can i sell it or give it away (was truly going to give it away if i couldnt sell it somebody should get something out of it)
no reply.
i am hopeful that i might get a little back but not anticipating anything.