Quantcast

24 HOA Owners bans rider for one year because of an mtbr.com thread????

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
Maybe I am just stupid (which is probably an accurate statement), but that link doesn't tell you where the heck Allamuchy is. Is that NY?

Let's look into that Allamuchy race - although it falls late in the year.

I can't find where they list the make up of teams though can you?

This year they were giving away Surly frames!!!! Nice!!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
wErd!

That still leaves the problem of one member of 4MAAB being out...
Maybe we'll have to go to putting together two or three "Team Ridemonkey.com" teams so we can make sure we meet the female requirements to the 5 people category or something......just a thought.

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
TreeSaw said:
You think you're up for it? I'm hoping to solo and duo next year but we'll see!
After last weekend .... my only suggestion would be try to pick a race that has ... tolerable night temps. Below 30 is not fun for anyone!! Of course when temps rise to 50 or 60 is the best thing eVER :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
mcgowanc said:
After last weekend .... my only suggestion would be try to pick a race that has ... tolerable night temps. Below 30 is not fun for anyone!! Of course when temps rise to 50 or 60 is the best thing eVER :)
Definitely! I am hoping for better luck with racing weather next season (Pueblo - torrential rains & Dalton record breaking heat & humidity...wtf??)

How did the race go?

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
The race was good .. BUTT cold at night - but no rain and great weather during the day. We finished 3rd (outta 3) only 1 lap off; and had someone wanted to go .. we could have gotten 1 more lap in.
We found a girl at the race who pulled 4 laps for us, managed to break her chain and lights, but it was nice to have the break!

.. uhg record breaking heat and humidity .. I think i would take the cold nights any time over that!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
mcgowanc said:
oh wow .. im a lil outta the loop :o: Congrats!!!!!
Thanks!

Ghostrider: My newborn will be 5+months old by the start of these races, so I am hoping to race. I may even be taking the rest of the school year off so I should have plenty of nap-time rides on the rollers ;) Sq-Earl has even offered his services as Daddy to watch the baby and wrench on my bike (lol).

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:
You think you're up for it? I'm hoping to solo and duo next year but we'll see!

not sure, my big enemy is the heat/humidity/dehydration.........I couldnt have done a 6th lap at Dalton, and the 7 laps I did at Pats Peak left me saying I was done with racing for good

but in both cases I was going all out each lap, and that wouldnt be a good plan for doing it solo

edit: also I dont think I could find someone to support me during the race, and theres the cost (entry fee & more batteries)