Quantcast

24 Hours in the Old Pueblo '05 - Plans and Smacktalk

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:
I'm hoping to do a little protien unloading this weekend.
Hopefully there is a lovely young lady on the receiving end. But I doubt that will stop the unloading process at all.

T-Dog

Monkey
Feb 18, 2004
different shack, same shotgun
Ok in addition the the Monkey cup, we have a trophy for that individual who turns in the fastest lap. In the finest tradition it cost nothing to make, but is easily worth several thousand. It can also be re-used for the next event, just change the waterbottle "cup"...there's plenty of room for names on the front and back. (there's a trophy place here that will make a brass plate with the winner's name/date/event that sticks on the front- I'll mail it to West...I mean the winner after the race.)

Oh yes,....the chainring base will also work as a bottle opener.

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
T-Dog said:
Ok in addition the the Monkey cup, we have a trophy for that individual who turns in the fastest lap. In the finest tradition it cost nothing to make, but is easily worth several thousand. It can also be re-used for the next event, just change the waterbottle "cup"...there's plenty of room for names on the front and back. (there's a trophy place here that will make a brass plate with the winner's name/date/event that sticks on the front- I'll mail it to West...I mean the winner after the race.)

Dude that thing is sweet. It must remain in CA.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That thing is beautiful. I bow to your superior craftsmanship.

Ghostrider, what is up with the sig change, someone looking over your shoulder?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
T-Dog said:

:thumb: That thing is awesome. Guess I should've trained or something :think:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Damn, there's a trophy coming from CA and a trophy coming from VA, but nothing from NY. We need another category so I can get rid of some bike parts in my garage. Any suggestions? Slowest lap? Most beer consumed? Most mechanicals? Winner of the pre-ride?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
T-Dog said:
Watch it wiseguy I still have a certain superlite hanging in my closet......
Sorry typo, I meant to say that it is a good thing T-Dog has a lot of room in his truck to take home 3 trophies.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Echo said:
Damn, there's a trophy coming from CA and a trophy coming from VA, but nothing from NY. We need another category so I can get rid of some bike parts in my garage. Any suggestions? Slowest lap? Most beer consumed? Most mechanicals? Winner of the pre-ride?
Oooh, Oooh...a trophy that I could win. I vote for either the beer or slowest lap thing, but really it should be about the beer! :D

Edit: Highest BAC at midnight or sustained throughout the race weekend :sneaky:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Gee Spot says she can bring a breathalyzer. But I'm not sure that's such a good idea actually :p

Maybe we should have a "fastest female monkey lap" category.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:
Gee Spot says she can bring a breathalyzer. But I'm not sure that's such a good idea actually :p

If she can also bring a stomach pump I don't see a problem. :dead:

Fastest female sounds good to me. :thumb:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Echo said:

if I put a wig on, would my lap time count?

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
I was thinking about this during my morning 10:00AM brainstorming session:
What happens if I come across one of the East Coast Wankers experiencing a mechanical during my lap? What is the ethical course of action?

1. Stop and help in the spirit of sportsmanlike conduct.
2. Pretend I don't notice and keep riding.
3. Throw an already-punctured tube at him, laugh, and keep riding.
4. Knock over his bike, steal his tools, and keep riding.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ghostrider said:
What happens if I come across one of the East Coast Wankers experiencing a mechanical during my lap? What is the ethical course of action?

Here is what I'd do.

Just ask the standard question, "need anything"? If they need help give it to them, if not speed away.

Of course if I was the rider with the mechanical I'd ask for help so you'd stop then steal your bike when you weren't looking.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
ghostrider said:

:think:

depends on how long the race has been going on, or basically how many laps ahead we are........

Hmmm, if I was you guys I'd go with anything but #1 if you want any kind of chance at keeping up with us.

:D

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Hey, Any of you crazy enough to come to Arizona a little early, there is a nice little mountain bike race up in the White Tank Mountains next Saturday-Feb 12. Its 7.24 miles around one nice little rocky loop. Two times for beginners, 3x for sport and 4x for expert. I am guessing 30 minutes for a young fast rider per lap. I did 38 on my fifth go around and I am older than old. Incidentally because of the rain the desert is so green it doesnt look like desert.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
so what is the plan for the 14th? (like who is picking my/our ass up at the airport?)

My Arrival: Oxnard / Ventura, CA (OXR) Mon Feb 14 4:22 pm

I beleive that is 2 hours before ECHO & the Geespot get there - might make sense to pick us all up at the same time - is there a bar at the airport??

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
so what is the plan for the 14th? (like who is picking my/our ass up at the airport?)

I beleive that is 2 hours before ECHO & the Geespot get there - might make sense to pick us all up at the same time - is there a bar at the airport??
The key to successful travel is bringing your own alcohol. Fill an empty 7-up bottle with vodka and just get drunk in baggage claim. You'll have plenty of time to get your bike built up and maybe get a short ride in on the luggage conveyors.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
douglas said:

I hear it's a pretty small airport, so you might have to BYOB.

T-Dog

Monkey
Feb 18, 2004
different shack, same shotgun
Westy said:
The key to successful travel is bringing your own alcohol. Fill an empty 7-up bottle with vodka and just get drunk in baggage claim. You'll have plenty of time to get your bike built up and maybe get a short ride in on the luggage conveyors.

Sound advice. I can only assume that's experience talking......

I took the day off, so I had planned to meet Doug, and try to poisen him with cheap booze till the second wave of easties comes in. I don't know about the bar at the airport, but if there's one thing Oxnard has no shortage of, it's watering holes.