Quantcast

24 Hours in the Old Pueblo '05 - Plans and Smacktalk

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
ghostrider said:
Well, what's the status here folks? It's hard to get started on my training if I'm not sure whose ass I've gotta kick.
I'm planning to fly into LA and fly out of Tucson. I gotta call you tonight and make sure everything's cool with the dates we are shooting for. Gee Spot is in, Mtbkngrl is most likely out. Squirrel and Treesaw are in, don't listen to that nonsense.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Echo said:
I'm planning to fly into LA and fly out of Tucson. I gotta call you tonight and make sure everything's cool with the dates we are shooting for. Gee Spot is in, Mtbkngrl is most likely out. Squirrel and Treesaw are in, don't listen to that nonsense.
LOL!!! We're working on the budget...we'lkl keep you posted!

T-Dog

Monkey
Feb 18, 2004
different shack, same shotgun
Ran across this pic the other day: Old Pueblo '03.....that's Kevin D (aka Chickenhawk) taking somebody to school just before the rock drop. (Notice how he seems to have run the poor feller off the trail)
It rained like hell for a couple days prior to the race, and even during the first lap but the course was great...no dust and only a little mud.

I've got some room if anyone else wants to come to LA first with Echo to ride out here before heading to AZ.....one trailhead is 2 minutes from my house :)

edit: apparently I don't know schit about inserting an image..stand by

Attachments

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Yo T-Dog how many people are you gonna have on your team? If Treesaw and Squirrel can't make it, we might have to go 4 person co-ed :dead:

T-Dog

Monkey
Feb 18, 2004
Well right now we have three guys confirmed.....4 person co-ed would be fine we'll just have to find a chick, which shouldn't be a problem. I'd actually prefer a 4 person team to 5---more laps per, less downtime.

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
T-Dog said:
Well right now we have three guys confirmed.....4 person co-ed would be fine we'll just have to find a chick, which shouldn't be a problem. I'd actually prefer a 4 person team to 5---more laps per, less downtime.
If another west coast girl is needed I might be down. ... and by west coast - I mean more of a rocky mountain girl :)
(I know I'm a little late to the post)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Westy said:
Count me in! Does this mean we can start the official smack talk now?

no need for smack talk
even thou the East team has a huge disadvanture regarding training/riding, the east team will destoy the west team - the west's arses will be kicked
period
end of story
nothing left to discuss

:D

T-Dog

Monkey
Feb 18, 2004
Westy said:
From my recent trip out west I realize that the left coasters have better weather, mountains and better looking women. I am jealous and spitefull, therefore I want to rip the west coast teams legs off.

\QUOTE]

It appears the smacktalk had already begun..... :D

T-Dog

Monkey
Feb 18, 2004
douglas said:
It looks like 4 person coed is not an option

You're right...I called Todd about it and he was pretty clear on that. So I guess we need to come up with one more person per team.......

BTW, west coast training officially began on a night ride last night- I practiced crashing.

chicken hawk

Chimp
Sep 30, 2004
That be great, we would be open to a Rocky Mountain Contingent to the team. But there are a few questions you’ll need to answer from the various teammates, and by the way, our team name is Team Numbnuts. Here you go:

1. Can you drink more than two beers in a one-hour period?
2. Are you offended by politically incorrect humor?
3. Have you ever been convicted of a felony or mister minor?
4. Could you tolerate incessant talk of children and complaints of wives?
5. One of our team members is a Republican.
6. Do you know how to check the oil in your car? This question is different from "do you" check the oil in your car, I know how, but rarely do.
7. Could you handle spending the weekend with aging 40 something white males acting like 18 year olds? (This question only applies to T-Dog)
8. Are you afraid of the dark? (Night laps)
9. What is the air speed velocity of an un-laden shallow?
10. What don’t you like about the East Coast? ( Please limit your comments to 1000 words or more.)

chicken hawk

Chimp
Sep 30, 2004
mcgowanc said:
If another west coast girl is needed I might be down. ... and by west coast - I mean more of a rocky mountain girl :)
(I know I'm a little late to the post)
That be great, we would be open to a Rocky Mountain Contingent to the team. But there are a few questions you’ll need to answer from the various teammates, and by the way, our team name is Team Numbnuts. Here you go:

6. Do you know how to check the oil in your car? This question is different from do check the oil in your car, I know how, but rarely do.
7. Could you handle spending the weekend with aging 40 something white males acting like 18 year olds? (This question only applies to T-Dog)
10. What don’t you like about the East Coast? ( Please limit your comments to 1000 words or more.)

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Wow, chicken hawk has three posts. Two of which were the same damn thing. mcgowanc, don't listen to anybody - the only important thing is that you know how to kick east coast ass. And that's like saying you know how to take a walk on the beach - just about anybody can do it.

As for Squirrel and Treesaw, all I've got to say is :mumble:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
T-Dog said:
It appears the smacktalk had already begun..... :D
I am a closet smack talker. I love to lay it down but fear I can't back it so I usually shut my trap.

But training begins tomorrow. I have a 6 hour solo race I plan on riding hard at followed 2 hours later by a 12 hour race/fundraiser that I plan on signing up for, doing a lap then drinking beer until I fall over. My legs and liver will be stronger for it and ready for any smacktalkin' left coasters.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
So T-Dog. How do you think the accomodations are gonna go? We're looking at getting a second camper (like the one you had last year) but that can't hold everyone... you gonna have any extra room in yours? Assuming you're bringing one that is.

T-Dog

Monkey
Feb 18, 2004
I did plan to bring out a tent trailer again.....same size,and the generator too. We need to get an accurate head count to figure out the arrangments. We may have one other guy going as support as well. Also we need to plan the transport if anyone else is coming to CA first.

I also have a dome tent that sets up in the back of my truck.

T-Dog

Monkey
Feb 18, 2004
Westy said:
I am a closet smack talker. I love to lay it down but fear I can't back it so I usually shut my trap.

But training begins tomorrow. I have a 6 hour solo race I plan on riding hard at followed 2 hours later by a 12 hour race/fundraiser that I plan on signing up for, doing a lap then drinking beer until I fall over. My legs and liver will be stronger for it and ready for any smacktalkin' left coasters.

Yeah right....I heard you ARE the ringer.......so how did the weekend go?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
T-Dog said:
Yeah right....I heard you ARE the ringer.......so how did the weekend go?

Weekend was fun but did not go as planned. I rode less than 3 hours of the six hour race before pulling into the pits and drinking beer. But I went fast enough in 3 hours to snag 3rd place. My friend Bob, the ringer, won it with a 2 lap lead.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
ghostrider said:
Wow, chicken hawk has three posts. Two of which were the same damn thing. mcgowanc, don't listen to anybody - the only important thing is that you know how to kick east coast ass. And that's like saying you know how to take a walk on the beach - just about anybody can do it.

As for Squirrel and Treesaw, all I've got to say is :mumble:
Dough!!! I didn't say we were DEFINATELY out, I said we MIGHT be out. As it is looking, the funds are there so we should be able to do it...if the 2 of us still have spots on a team. :confused:

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Westy said:
Weekend was fun but did not go as planned. I rode less than 3 hours of the six hour race before pulling into the pits and drinking beer. But I went fast enough in 3 hours to snag 3rd place. My friend Bob, the ringer, won it with a 2 lap lead.
Yeah, well I did my training ride so fast on Sunday I got to the top before I even started.

Don't make me call Heidi up.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
ghostrider said:
Yeah, well I did my training ride so fast on Sunday I got to the top before I even started.

Don't make me call Heidi up.
What the heck are you doing posting at 2:37am? Oh wait, west coast, never mind :p

T-Dog

Monkey
Feb 18, 2004
Westy said:
I just checked the results and Bob "The Ringer" not only won the expert/solo class but won the whole race outright, even against a 2 person team including former Trek Pro and all around bike pimp Paul Buschi.

http://www.cvilleracing.org/results/Paranormal_Results_Overall.pdf
Ok- sounds great! Only to level the playing field, Bob must do the race on a unicycle, and Westy's on a beach cruiser. A rusty beach cruiser.

(well done by the way....I always admire those who know how to mix the right amount of riding with the appropriate dose of beer)

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
chicken hawk said:

6. Do you know how to check the oil in your car? This question is different from do check the oil in your car, I know how, but rarely do.
1) I went to CU - Of course I can drink more than two beers in a one-hour period. Doesn’t mean I will perform very well after..
2) I went to CU - Do you think I would be offended by politically.. Scratch that.. I am not offended by politically incorrect statements.. Especially if it is against bush.
3) I got a speeding ticket a couple years ago .. and an Improper Mountain Driving Ticket when I was in high school .. that's about it.
4) mmmm are the children cute? And do the wives bring good food?
5) We all have our faults .. Every team needs a "Special" member
6) Yes - I know how to use the dipstick
7) 40 - DAMN THAT's OLD
8) I am not afraid of the dark - Although I was very disappointed in my Moab night lap time -> but I blame seat post slippage for that
9) hmm getting tricky .. roughly 11 meters per second, or 24 miles an hour.
10) I lived in the east coast for about a year and half... and having been back in Colorado .. what is there to like about the east coast is a more fitting question. Rain, hurricanes, humidity, and have you tried to ski out there? POOOPY.

Chris01

Chimp
Aug 13, 2002
Dallas Area
[/QUOTE]

I raced with her in Moab and you will not be dissapointed. Even though she does not understand that the appropriate answer to question #9 is... Is that an African or European swallow?

Her night lap was not bad and her day laps were smokin!!

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
Chris01 said:

I raced with her in Moab and you will not be dissapointed. Even though she does not understand that the appropriate answer to question #9 is... Is that an African or European swallow?

Her night lap was not bad and her day laps were smokin!![/QUOTE]

http://stupidevilbastard.com/index/seb/comments/so_just_what_is_the_airspeed_velocity_of_an_unladen_swallow/
right there -- that's the answer .. much more scientific :P

chicken hawk

Chimp
Sep 30, 2004
mcgowanc said:
1) I went to CU - Of course I can drink more than two beers in a one-hour period. Doesn’t mean I will perform very well after..
2) I went to CU - Do you think I would be offended by politically.. Scratch that.. I am not offended by politically incorrect statements.. Especially if it is against bush.
3) I got a speeding ticket a couple years ago .. and an Improper Mountain Driving Ticket when I was in high school .. that's about it.
4) mmmm are the children cute? And do the wives bring good food?
5) We all have our faults .. Every team needs a "Special" member
6) Yes - I know how to use the dipstick
7) 40 - DAMN THAT's OLD
8) I am not afraid of the dark - Although I was very disappointed in my Moab night lap time -> but I blame seat post slippage for that
10) I lived in the east coast for about a year and half... and having been back in Colorado .. what is there to like about the east coast is a more fitting question. Rain, hurricanes, humidity, and have you tried to ski out there? POOOPY.
Ok, looks like you passed the test, the kids are cute, I do all the cooking, 11mps is about right assuming your calculations took into account variations in wind speed and atmosphric pressure. Do you telemark out there in Co?

chicken hawk

Chimp
Sep 30, 2004
T-Dog said:
I did plan to bring out a tent trailer again.....same size,and the generator too. We need to get an accurate head count to figure out the arrangments. We may have one other guy going as support as well. Also we need to plan the transport if anyone else is coming to CA first.

I also have a dome tent that sets up in the back of my truck.
I'd guess there will be around 12 people, five from the East, five from the West and two support personnel. I was also going to pull a tent trailer behind my rig, but two tent trailers ain't gonna be enough to accomadate ten sweaty bikers, as pleasent as that sounds. We'll either have to rent a motor home or put the two tent trailers side by side and rig ourshelves a shanty town, something you New York people are probably good at.

I can fit four adults in my truck, maybe five. Since the East has to fly, the West can handle suppling all the camping gear, bike tools, work stands, rollers etc...

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
T-Dog said:
I say we should get three tent trailers; haul them out with our 2 trucks and Ghostrider's new mommymobile.
You should remove the shotgun from your rear window before the trip so it doesn't blow somebody's brains out in the event of an accident.

mcgowanc, are you in? T-Dog is team captain, not that anybody has any respect for him. He's just the one dumb enough to take on the extra work for no benefit, other than the honorary first lap. PM him your info if you are serious, and we'll fax over our official training regimen.

chicken hawk, if Westy keeps talking his smack, we'll need to pull in the mysterious West Coast Ringer X.