Quantcast

24 Hours in the Old Pueblo '05 - Plans and Smacktalk

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
ghostrider said:
Treesaw, jventura is ready with his waiver and check - should he write the check out to you?
Sure.....I think Echo said it was $96 each or something like that. I will try to get us registered tonight.

Now...to think of a creative team name! :think:

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Echo said:
I already got chewed out by Gee Spot for not coming up with a better team name. Hopefully Todd will let me change it :p
Well, we named our team to line up with yours, so don't go changing it too much. We need it clear that this is an epic rivalry never before seen in the history of this world. "East Coast Monkey Wankers" has a nice ring to it.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
ghostrider said:
I'm not sure why, but the "Flying Butt Pliers" seems like the perfect name for Treesaw's team.
not bad but seems the name needs to include flinging poo or worshipping the big blue plastic portable god

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
douglas said:
not bad but seems the name needs to include flinging poo or worshipping the big blue plastic portable god
It is an obscure 'Ren and Stimpy' reference - Treesaw will know it. Plus, it makes sense when you consider jventura's inevitable launch into the cactus.

T-Dog

Monkey
Feb 18, 2004
different shack, same shotgun
douglas said:
:eek:

uhhh..nobody said anything about cactus

where can I get some solid rubber tires???
Dude, the applicable term would be CACTITOTHEMAXIMUS......every plant, shrub, bush, tree,rock and pile of dirt has some kind of thorn. I was clearing our campsite the first year, and tried to chop down a cactus; the thing burst into 50 pieces, flew into the air and then impaled themselves into my body.

Beware.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
douglas said:
ghostrider said:
I'm not sure why, but the "Flying Butt Pliers" seems like the perfect name for Treesaw's team.
Damn....the peanut gallery is in full force these days ;) And Douglas, I am ashamed that you didn't get the Ren & Stimpy reference :rolleyes: Next you're going to claim that you've never been told "don't whizz on the electric fence" :D

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
T-Dog said:
Took some pics out on the trail with my GF the other day, just to give you a glimpse of the buffed singletrack that awaits you-
As long as we don't have to go anywhere near that mountain in the background :dead:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
T-Dog said:
Took some pics out on the trail with my GF the other day, just to give you a glimpse of the buffed singletrack that awaits you-
yeah, yeah, the singletrack likes nice, but more importantly does she have a sister ??

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Hmmm...is it flat enough to run a roadie cassette up back? I need to go fast. I'm debating about flying into Phoenix and having some people from my team that are driving pick me up from Sky Harbor. I'd rent a car, but I'm not 18....How much would taxi fare be to tuscon? :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I hate my job. I'll be able to make it to the Old Pueblo but due to a crappy sales meeting the week before I'll only be able to get out there the Friday before the race. But the job does have me here in Chatsworth for the next week and a half to begin my spying and sabotage operations on the west coast :monkey:'s.

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Westy said:
I hate my job. I'll be able to make it to the Old Pueblo but due to a crappy sales meeting the week before I'll only be able to get out there the Friday before the race. But the job does have me here in Chatsworth for the next week and a half to begin my spying and sabotage operations on the west coast :monkey:'s.
I hate my job, too. Do you have a bike with you?

In other news, Treesaw, I have the money from jventura, so he's in. T-Dog has the money from Mrs. T-Dog and potentially Korona Kalvin, so the Flying Butt Pliers are ready to ride.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
ghostrider said:
How are you planning to spy without a bike? You'll never see us if you don't have a bike. That's all we do out here.
I thought between you and T-Dog you had more bikes than the LBS?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
ghostrider said:
I hate my job, too. Do you have a bike with you?

In other news, Treesaw, I have the money from jventura, so he's in. T-Dog has the money from Mrs. T-Dog and potentially Korona Kalvin, so the Flying Butt Pliers are ready to ride.
YEAH! Can you have them e-mail me their information so I can get us registered?

Earl & I got our tickets, but didn't get the flight out that we wanted so I am trying to make the change. Otherwise, we leave (for home) early on Wednesday morning :dead:

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
TreeSaw said:
YEAH! Can you have them e-mail me their information so I can get us registered?

Earl & I got our tickets, but didn't get the flight out that we wanted so I am trying to make the change. Otherwise, we leave (for home) early on Wednesday morning :dead:
Awesome! What's your itinerary?

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
TreeSaw said:
We arrive in Tucson (airport) on Thursday, February 17th at 7:30 PM and we head home on Wednesday, February 23rd at 7:43 AM. All I have to say is I HATE PRICELINE.COM. NEVER USE THEM!!!!! :mumble:
I hear you on that one. I had a similar experience trying to get out to Dalton. They can take their entire web site and shove it straight up their ass.

j-ventura

Chimp
Oct 6, 2004
Ventura, CA
Hi TreeSaw, well I was suckered by Ghostrider into trying one of these things and your team sounded like my kind of style. So what's the official name? What do you think of "Blood Sweat Beers"? What is the consensus on the "right" beer to bring?

I'm already thinking for the night lap I will switch up to Kalua and Coffee since I really don't have any winter type clothing.