Quantcast

24 Hours in the Old Pueblo 2006

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
OK, who's in this year? Will it be East vs West again? I've already marked my calendar. Feb 18, 2006.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
I'm looking to be there. Doing it solo to honor my daughter, Alaina. Figure I can't honor her birthday (Aug. '98) by doing the 24 Hours of Tahoe '03, and not honor her Heaven date. I'm hesitant on registering right now, as I want to be sure I'll have the time off work (silly reason that since we're in a tourist town, and it's President's weekend, I may not have it off). I should know in a week or so, then I'll register.

By the way, I spoke with Todd about setting up a long-time family friend's truck (www.billsbeerandbaitshop.com) for kicks. Seems it may conflict with another vendor. I'm just trying to add "color" to the event. What do you all think????

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
TreeSaw said:
I'm jealous and will be thinking about all of you out there having a blast!
Lets raise the stakes this year. How about you and SqEarl name the baby after the fastest lap winner.
:D

J

JRB

Ohh - I may sign up and train so the kid can be "loco". :D

*surely I can get as fast as Westy.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Wouldn't miss it! Is it just me and Westy from the east? I heard rumors that the West might be having personnel issues as well. Perhaps the East and West will be forced to make a combined assault for this one. I think Westy, T-dog, ghostrider, and me could represent pretty well in the 4 person category :think:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Echo said:
Wouldn't miss it! Is it just me and Westy from the east? I heard rumors that the West might be having personnel issues as well. Perhaps the East and West will be forced to make a combined assault for this one. I think Westy, T-dog, ghostrider, and me could represent pretty well in the 4 person category :think:
That would be cool! Hopefully the weather is better this year!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
TreeSaw said:
That would be cool! Hopefully the weather is better this year!
I look at it this way, it couldn't be any worse.

I am up for whatever teams we can put together, although not having an East vs. West competition will take a bit of the fun out of it. It will certainly make the RM cup competition easy though. Of course some other Western monkeys could step up and challenge the Echo,Westy, T-Dog, Ghostrider team.:thumb:

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
I am thinking about it again. Wife said no more after last years mess. Did they have an award for messiest campground? I think I know some guys who could have won. :D I was on a four man and we finished 21/99 which wasnt too bad. After the first lap we were in 99th place cause of a flat. Good thing I wasnt on a super competitive team cause I was late in the tent twice and on that lap at 2am in the rain I went straight on the road when you were supposed to turn right. It was raining so hard the light wasnt visible. It didnt happen this year but the year before on one of the night laps I got on the wrong bike and went about 100 yards before I noticed it wasnt my bike. :thumb:

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I'm definently going this year, everything is set into motion and I have change. Anyone wanna pit/whatever together? And by whatever, you KNOW what I mean... :eek:

Except not. I think a Westy v. Blue solo showdown is in order.

J

JRB

Actually - since Caroline is due to join us on January 25th, it would be chicken sh*t to go on a trip. I really want to make it out to kick Westy in the nuts. :D

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
I'm in. If I don't get something to train for soon, I'm gonna have to sell the bikes and buy a bigger armchair.

I had a delusion of proposing a bunch of duo teams, but luckily that seems to have passed.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
loco said:
Actually - since Caroline is due to join us on January 25th, it would be chicken sh*t to go on a trip. I really want to make it out to kick Westy in the nuts. :D
Bring it. It would be my pleasure to thwart you kick attempt, rip your leg off and bludgeon you with it.:sneaky:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
ghostrider said:
You can have Westy. He'll be back in before you can change your shorts.
So do you have any word from T-Dog, chickenhawk, or Mike the ringer? Douglas has been suspiciously absent from this thread. I'm still working on getting greasey monkey to replace Sq-earl.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
blue said:
I'm definently going this year, everything is set into motion and I have change. Anyone wanna pit/whatever together? And by whatever, you KNOW what I mean... :eek:

Except not. I think a Westy v. Blue solo showdown is in order.
Your doing solo? Cool deal. I've decided I am not going to do any more solo efforts unless I am totally prepared for it. I suffered through 2 solo races this year while out of shape and it was tough, a good character builder but right now I have so much character I'm ****ting the funny pages.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Echo said:
So do you have any word from T-Dog, chickenhawk, or Mike the ringer? Douglas has been suspiciously absent from this thread. I'm still working on getting greasey monkey to replace Sq-earl.

I was wondering why no one was talking about Pueblo...helps to look in the 24 hour forum doh !

put me down for a maybe.......but if I go, my team will podium so you all better start f'ing training now!!

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
douglas said:
I was wondering why no one was talking about Pueblo...helps to look in the 24 hour forum doh !

put me down for a maybe.......but if I go, my team will podium so you all better start f'ing training now!!

damn the technology

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
douglas said:
how's your racing/training been going ?
... huh what?? racing ??? training?? where am I.

:) The last race I did was Moab - and we ended up getting 5th (out of 6) ... was a bit of a bummer .. but i think the girls forgot we were racing or something :) The weather has been pretty nice around here YAY so I have been able to get out on the trails still .. hopefully it keeps up a bit!!!

.. What about you?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
mcgowanc said:
... huh what?? racing ??? training?? where am I.

:) The last race I did was Moab - and we ended up getting 5th (out of 6) ... was a bit of a bummer .. but i think the girls forgot we were racing or something :) The weather has been pretty nice around here YAY so I have been able to get out on the trails still .. hopefully it keeps up a bit!!!

.. What about you?

I had a great year....lots of riding & a bunch of races - did my 1st century and my 1st (and 2nd) ever trip to the top of the podium at a XC race. yay me!

I have been pretty lazy the last month, but I am pretty sure my body needed a break.

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
douglas said:
I had a great year....lots of riding & a bunch of races - did my 1st century and my 1st (and 2nd) ever trip to the top of the podium at a XC race. yay me!

I have been pretty lazy the last month, but I am pretty sure my body needed a break.
Congrats!!!! I have yet to make the top of the podium ... I decided I dont want to upgrade until I win at least 1 race :)

Yeah the break is damn a$$ important!!! I am enjoying the fall biking right now . got to love those coooler temps!!!

You should be nice and rested for pueblo :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
T-Dog said:
I'm in.....and Mrs. T-dog will be there as camp support/cook/bartender. Now, if I can just lose about 30 lbs and find my bike I'm all set.
Did you accidentally eat the bike? Maybe a good crap could solve both your problems.:D

Congrats on becoming Mr. and Mrs. T-dog.

T-Dog

Monkey
Feb 18, 2004
different shack, same shotgun
Thanks! As for the bike,actually I was on it all along but with a belly the size of mine i couldn't see it.

You gonna be out in CA anytime soon? Anybody thinking of a west coast visit prior to the race?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
T-Dog said:
Thanks! As for the bike,actually I was on it all along but with a belly the size of mine i couldn't see it.

You gonna be out in CA anytime soon? Anybody thinking of a west coast visit prior to the race?
I'll be in some crack riddled neighborhood near Long Beach the week after thanksgiving, chances of me being able to do anything other than work and practice my gang signs are slim.

T-Dog

Monkey
Feb 18, 2004
different shack, same shotgun
I see. good luck and don't forget to bring your 9 with ya......

If you do end up with some time on the weekend let me know and we could maybe head down there- there's some fun LA area rides (it's been a few years but I think I can still find my way around)