Quantcast

24 Hours Of Adrenalin withdraws from NORBA

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
from Cycling News

Trilife Sports International, the organisers of the 24 Hours of Adrenalin mountain bike team relay events, has announced its withdrawal from its six year association with USA Cycling. The nine event 24 Hours of Adrenalin series that takes place across America will continue as planned throughout 2003.

The organisers claim that the impact on competitors will be minimal, as "fewer than 20% of the 2002 24 Hours of Adrenalin participants hold a NORBA license, making the need for NORBA sanctioning and insurance coverage unimportant to them."

While TSI has suspended its association with NORBA for the 2003 season, an ongoing dialogue continues between the two parties.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Originally posted by eric strt6
from Cycling News

Trilife Sports International, the organisers of the 24 Hours of Adrenalin mountain bike team relay events, has announced its withdrawal from its six year association with USA Cycling. The nine event 24 Hours of Adrenalin series that takes place across America will continue as planned throughout 2003.

The organisers claim that the impact on competitors will be minimal, as "fewer than 20% of the 2002 24 Hours of Adrenalin participants hold a NORBA license, making the need for NORBA sanctioning and insurance coverage unimportant to them."

While TSI has suspended its association with NORBA for the 2003 season, an ongoing dialogue continues between the two parties.
Another nail in the NORBA coffin.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Wonder what the deal is? So the only thing I will notice is that I don't have to have a NORBA license?

ssaddict

Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
Originally posted by Heidi
Wonder what the deal is? So the only thing I will notice is that I don't have to have a NORBA license?
Instead of paying for a NORBA license you pay $5 insurance at each event. NORBA tried to jack up Trilife's rates and they said see ya! The first even here in Phx went over pretty well, I know I didn't mind. The local race series (MBAA) is also thinking of leaving NORBA next year.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Several of the local XC races around here ditched NORBA... now the participants pay less, and the organizers don't have to file 200 pages of paperwork after the event :rolleyes: