Quantcast

24 Hours of Adrenaline @ Dalton 2005- Plans and Smacktalk

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ghostrider said:
Your doctor know about this plan?
Went to see an Orthopedic surgeon for a second opinion. Dude said I had arthritis and I should be able to do whatever I want as long as I can handle the pain and can manage the internal swelling. Gave me some tips on taking double doses of aleve and icing down my knee before and after rides. Did a hard 5 hour road ride Sunday and everything was fine so I'm going to give it a shot.

Any news on T-Dog's surgery?

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
I heard they put him in the wrong room by mistake and performed the wrong procedure. They amputated his johnson. Apparently he's surprised to learn that he's better off without it, but his knee is still a problem.

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
gnurider1080 said:
still need someone to help out? i couldnt put a team together but id like to at least go and do something so im up for anything.
As far as I know we need some one. I'm on vacation. I will send you a PM on the 31st or the 1st to work something out.

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
gnurider1080 said:
damn. i cant go at all that weekend. i just found out yesterday that on the 26th i gotta be in CT for my cousin and sister's joint high school graduation party.

I guess I should have read a few messages down before replying.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
mogulskr said:
As far as I know we need some one. I'm on vacation. I will send you a PM on the 31st or the 1st to work something out.
I may have a volunteer for you. PM me if you're still interested. She'll require payment in beer I presume ;)

Edit: I do have a volunteer for you if you still need one!

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
TreeSaw said:
I may have a volunteer for you. PM me if you're still interested. She'll require payment in beer I presume ;)

Edit: I do have a volunteer for you if you still need one!
PM sent thanks

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
Gears and Beers is registered in the 5 person open divison. My teamates came though with a volunteer as did TreeSaw. Now if it ever stops raining we can get in shape for the race.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
mogulskr said:
Gears and Beers is registered in the 5 person open divison. My teamates came though with a volunteer as did TreeSaw. Now if it ever stops raining we can get in shape for the race.
Nice! And camped right across from the rest of us :monkey: teams as well! :thumb: See you there! :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Westy - I have someone lined up if you need a volunteer for this race. She isn't a bike mechanic, but she's funny as hell and is planning on coming out for the weekend to hang with my sisters and work and stuff. Let me know.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
TreeSaw said:
Westy - I have someone lined up if you need a volunteer for this race. She isn't a bike mechanic, but she's funny as hell and is planning on coming out for the weekend to hang with my sisters and work and stuff. Let me know.
I certainly could use any help. But it wouldn't be any fun compared to hanging out at the three team campsites so I would feel bad asking a stranger to help.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Westy said:
I certainly could use any help. But it wouldn't be any fun compared to hanging out at the three team campsites so I would feel bad asking a stranger to help.
Yeah, she's willing to do the volunteer shift and help you out with food (she'd probably hang at our site and/or with my sisters) and you'd probably just end up eating whatever we fix. I think I'll be getting the food for both of our teams again so if you have a specific desire and want me to get food for you as well, I can do that too.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
TreeSaw said:
Yeah, she's willing to do the volunteer shift and help you out with food (she'd probably hang at our site and/or with my sisters) and you'd probably just end up eating whatever we fix. I think I'll be getting the food for both of our teams again so if you have a specific desire and want me to get food for you as well, I can do that too.
Solo riders don't need to have a volunteer. :thumb:

I'm working on recruiting some friends to do some full pit support for me but I can't find someone I at least need to have someone claim to be my support. Rules require solo riders to have at least one person supporting them, I could have been disqualified last year if someone pushed the issue.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Westy said:
well, you'll have to show us where your tent is - so we can at least bring you some of our leftovers! (1/2 eaten pizza that fell on the ground, cold ramen noodles, the drained pasta water, etc) :D :p :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
well, you'll have to show us where your tent is - so we can at least bring you some of our leftovers! (1/2 eaten pizza that fell on the ground, cold ramen noodles, the drained pasta water, etc) :D :p :D
Sure thing. Just show me where your car is so I have somewhere to hide my dirty stinking shorts after the race. :devil:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ghostrider said:
Well, I'm either blind or stupid, or both, because I can't find it. Glad to hear you at least survived with enough remaining functionality to operate a computer.
I'll sum it up for you. Rode around in circles fast for 5 hours, wasn't eating enough slowed down. Knew I had to eat more but low blood sugar made me stupid and still did not eat enough.

After 9 hours I could go no further and had to stop and have a full meal, threw a nap in.

Woke up made coffe started to ride. Bad coffee gave me a bad case of heartburn and it hurt like hell to breath, got worse as I rode. After 3 laps I wandered around the campsites begging somekind of heartburn medication. Got some pill that I could not identify and went to bed.

Woke up at 4:00 AM and rode 1 lap. Heartburn was so bad I had to stop and sit on the ground severa times on the lap. Went back to bed.

Woke up at 7:00 and felt great, put in fast laps until the end of the race. On my last lap I could have pushed hard and came in before noon and got another one in bit I decided to slow down and ride with my friend Bob. he was in the lead but was going way too fast on the downhills for someone as tired as he was, I rode slow in front of him to make sure he finished alive.

Placed a lot worse than I hoped for but I had tons of fun and would do it again in a heartbeat. My legs never felt tired, if I had eaten properly and avoided the heartburn I think I could have put in 9 more laps. Trails were a blast, fast swoopy corners, many of them banked. Traction was perfect.

I put in 23 laps, winner did 33. Came in 12th out of 32 solo men.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ghostrider said:
Thanks for the report. Nice job, man!!! So the knee isn't an issue? If not, I've got ten bucks on you for fast lap at Dalton.
I iced the knee before and during the race, took large amounts of Aleve and it was no problem at all. :thumb:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Westy said:
I'll sum it up for you. Rode around in circles fast for 5 hours, wasn't eating enough slowed down. Knew I had to eat more but low blood sugar made me stupid and still did not eat enough.

After 9 hours I could go no further and had to stop and have a full meal, threw a nap in.

Woke up made coffe started to ride. Bad coffee gave me a bad case of heartburn and it hurt like hell to breath, got worse as I rode. After 3 laps I wandered around the campsites begging somekind of heartburn medication. Got some pill that I could not identify and went to bed.

Woke up at 4:00 AM and rode 1 lap. Heartburn was so bad I had to stop and sit on the ground severa times on the lap. Went back to bed.

Woke up at 7:00 and felt great, put in fast laps until the end of the race. On my last lap I could have pushed hard and came in before noon and got another one in bit I decided to slow down and ride with my friend Bob. he was in the lead but was going way too fast on the downhills for someone as tired as he was, I rode slow in front of him to make sure he finished alive.

Placed a lot worse than I hoped for but I had tons of fun and would do it again in a heartbeat. My legs never felt tired, if I had eaten properly and avoided the heartburn I think I could have put in 9 more laps. Trails were a blast, fast swoopy corners, many of them banked. Traction was perfect.

I put in 23 laps, winner did 33. Came in 12th out of 32 solo men.

cool - skip the coffee at the next one !!!

splat

Nam I am
Westy said:
Solo riders don't need to have a volunteer. :thumb:

I at least need to have someone claim to be my support. .
We can easily supply you that ! , we could list my wife as your support person if need be.
SInce Justbill is our voluenteer, sehe plans on doing a voluenteer shift and we could easily put her down as supporting you.

and of course if you need anything during the race stop by Monkey Camp and sure we will do our dammdest to help !

Plus When ever I see you on the course / Over& under , Trasitions area , etc , etc I wil be Yelling at the top of my lungs GO WESTY !!!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
cool - skip the coffee at the next one !!!
I hope it was the coffee. I haver never experienced such a thing, I am not sure if it was heartburn or not, my whole upper chest hurt. It could have been all the little muscles used for breathing cramping up but it was not like a side stitch. Maybe I was having a heart attack, I could only think of one other thing I'd rather be doing when croaking from a heart attack so I'm not going to worry about it.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Westy said:
Maybe I was having a heart attack, I could only think of one other thing I'd rather be doing when croaking from a heart attack so I'm not going to worry about it.

LOL - thats funny

oh yeah, and I hope it wasnt a heart attack

justbill

Stunt Humper
Mar 29, 2004
barefoot in the kitchen...
Note to 3 monkeys and a baboon team. I have had some e-mail issues and a change of addy so if there is any mail going around between the team and you want me to get ut then please change my addy.

(Same name as the old one) @verizon.net or pm me.

I seem to remember last year getting a bunch of correspondence in the weeks leading up to the race. I have some questions and you probably do too but no sence clogging up the forum with that. Can we get a team e-mail group thing going like last year please.

IRB did you get my responce to the one mail i found by accident on my old address?

bill

anxious but in control.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
LOL - thats funny

oh yeah, and I hope it wasnt a heart attack
I think I am in a very low risk category for such a thing. Although we had a expert vet from the local race series keel over in his front yard retreiving his newspaper from a heart attack. Very sad story, great guy and he left behind a very nice family. Had a heart defect that the Docs weren't worried about because he was in such great shape.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Westy said:
I think I am in a very low risk category for such a thing. Although we had a expert vet from the local race series keel over in his front yard retreiving his newspaper from a heart attack. Very sad story, great guy and he left behind a very nice family. Had a heart defect that the Docs weren't worried about because he was in such great shape.
I know what you mean. We had a friend and local club member die of a massive heart attack on the trail earlier this year. In good health, exercised and bam. You never know when you're going to go, but I hope that I go doing something I enjoy!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I Are Baboon said:
No I did not....not in my ridemonkey account or work account.

I just forwarded a food e-mail JT sent out last week.
Bill, the verizon.net addy kicked the message back as undeliverable. Check your PM's....also, please PM me your e-mail addy. :)

Speaking of JT, we've got a training weeked at Kingdom Trails planned for next weekend (Friday-Sunday).

:dancing:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Well, I just got off the phone with John from the 24 Hours of Adrenaline (I was having login issues and couldn't sign my waiver, invite a volunteer, etc.). They are planning on running the same exact course as last year, save any major issues that arise when they get into town. :dancing: I liked the technical root sections so hopefully they keep them, but I could do without the mud :think:

There are only 23 days left until the event :thumb:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
TreeSaw said:
Well, I just got off the phone with John from the 24 Hours of Adrenaline (I was having login issues and couldn't sign my waiver, invite a volunteer, etc.). They are planning on running the same exact course as last year, save any major issues that arise when they get into town. :dancing: I liked the technical root sections so hopefully they keep them, but I could do without the mud :think:

EXCELLENT! I for one am happy the course will be the same. Sure there were a few sections that could be fixed up, but I like that I'll be familiar with the course. I'll know where I can hammer and where I need to take it easy. Plus I'll be able to better guage my times compared to last year (I don't know if a sub-hour lap is doable for me, but a 1:05 lap would be nice).

:thumb:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Advantage = teams that were there last year. :nuts:

I hope the Wed. night series races the actual 24-hour course Wed. 6/22. I think all the guys on my team are planning on being there to get a little pre-pre-ride in. :)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:

That John dude should give Saun / holiday farm a call, I talked to them last night and they were not sure if the course would be the same or not

FYI: A section of that 1st rooty single track (after the field) was rerouted after the 24 last year, its definitely easier to ride now.

23 days!!! ACK!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
That John dude should give Saun / holiday farm a call, I talked to them last night and they were not sure if the course would be the same or not

FYI: A section of that 1st rooty single track (after the field) was rerouted after the 24 last year, its definitely easier to ride now.

23 days!!! ACK!
Keep roots, get rid of mud hole. Boy am I a whiner today.